riverside secondary school indoor sports hall

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by junwei, Oct 1, 2011.

1. junwei

junwei Regular Member

Hi all,

I would like to hear from you guys, anyone played at riverside secondary school indoor sports hall on the weekend before? Is the person in-charge (a lady) having a bad attitude? my friend booked a court today,sunday, 2nd October from 9am to 12pm. At 11.55am, the lady chased us away with a bad attitude and not letting us change clothes and shower as she claim that she is closing the hall at 12pm and even shouted and scolded us for bringing a heaven and earth's bottle drink into the sports hall. She told us CAN drink, BOTTLE drink and FOODs (eg. biscuit, chocolate bar) are NOT allow but we saw her table having an opened 100plus and a can of green tea which is not open yet, so we asked her why she can drink? she replied, only 100plus are allow! Did you guys experience this before? Can i have your comment/opinion?

regards,
    junwei

2. RonWis

RonWis Regular Member

Riverside Sec ISH

My grp has been playing there for the almost 1 1/2 years, Sat 3-6pm. At that time the guard was a old Indian man. He usually opened the gate 20 mins early to set up the nets and light up the hall. By the time the players were there at 3pm, they could start playing almost immediately. He was very accomodative, we could drink whatever drink we brought in and bananas too. However the Managers there were very strict, found out that some of our players didn't sign in (you've to write down your names n some particulars as requested) and the Indian guard was asked to work at the soccer field instead. We felt very bad so we always remind our players to sign in. Then came an Indian lady, who complained and commented about using the toilets, cannot smoke in the toilet, cannot eat bananas, keep the net if the court is not booked, scrutinising almost every move we make. This Sat came a Chinese lady, also shouting at us for allowing two kids (a player brought his son n daughter) munching some snacks at the spectators' stand. We were shocked and stopped playing at that moment. We quickly pacified her by bringing the kids out of the hall.

I believe it could be the strict rules set by the Hall Managers that cause such tensions. The guards now are very Kan Qiong about everything, and maybe in your case, timing ; got to close means got to close NOW!

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Guys, not sure how effective but you can write to Ms. Geraldine Soh of the Service Quality Department, Singapore Sports Council. Her e-mail address is SSC_QSM@ssc.gov.sg

One of my friends was in the toilet at Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall after finishing the session at 10pm. The impatient caretaker from China did not bother to check if there was anyone in the toilets and locked up the hall! My friend almost called the police in order to get out of the sports hall.

On another occasion the toilets were already locked at 10pm at Toa Payoh Sports Hall and the players were unable to change their wet attire and their pleas to the caretaker were ignored.

There is no point to speaking to these caretakers as they are all in a hurry to go home.