User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I think you missed the point of this thread. We are hoping to watch good matches between highly-skilled Chinese teammates against each other in tournaments outside China.

We want to watch good matches.

If CHN players were to give walkovers to non-CHN players of lower-skills, we won't mind. Why? Because these matches would be one-sided matches and not as interesting.
    The point is Li Yongbo is not interested for teammates fight it out against each other, 'internal war' as he called it.

Firstly, he doesn't need to know how well they play against each other. Important matter is how well they play against the 'others'.

Secondly, what is the point? No net gain in terms of ranking points or prize monies.

Thirdly, teammates bound to know each otherís game better and more importantly the weakness as well. Do you really want to show that to your opponents, unnecessary?

Btw, there is no 'walkover' or 'retried' from CHN as the OP's title suggested.
    They call it 'abstain', both points and prize monies. Of course you only abstain/surrender to your friends, why do you want to do that to your opponents?

So, all these number of 'walkover' etc. are just waste of time.

Just remember Li Yongbo is not here to entertain but win, win and win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    The point is Li Yongbo is not interested for teammates fight it out against each other, 'internal war' as he called it.

Firstly, he doesn't need to know how well they play against each other. Important matter is how well they play against the 'others'.

Secondly, what is the point? No net gain in terms of ranking points or prize monies.

Thirdly, teammates bound to know each otherís game better and more importantly the weakness as well. Do you really want to show that to your opponents, unnecessary?

Btw, there is no 'walkover' or 'retried' from CHN as the OP's title suggested.
    They call it 'abstain', both points and prize monies. Of course you only abstain/surrender to your friends, why do you want to do that to your opponents?

So, all these number of 'walkover' etc. are just waste of time.

Just remember Li Yongbo is not here to entertain but win, win and win.
    This is the difference between what we BCers like and dislike.

(1) Some of us BCers like to watch/follow good matches and dislike walkover/no match/retired.

(2) Some of us BCers like to have the country they are supporting to win, no matter whether match-fixing is involved or not.

I am in category (1). Just like to watch good matches. Not really interested in which country wins.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the difference between what we BCers like and dislike.
    (1) Some of us BCers like to watch/follow good matches and dislike walkover/no match/retired.
    (2) Some of us BCers like to have the country they are supporting to win, no matter whether match-fixing is involved or not.

I am in category (1). Just like to watch good matches. Not really interested in which country wins.
    I am same as you, in category 1 but with interest if MAS players are involved. You have no interest because at the moment there are no AUS players in the top category. Perhaps in the future and we awaits that day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm between 1 and 2. I would be lying if I said I don't who wins, naturally I support the country i was born (indonesia) and the ethnical background (Chinese) I have. But not to a point where I let myself blindly suppony no matter what. This WOs tactic by CHN team just simply disgusting, I can't stand it. I'm sure there are many if not most CHN followers feel the same way. But the fact that they kept winning and LYB is strongly in power, have made them closed one eye. The rest of course are still in denial.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I am same as you, in category 1 but with interest if MAS players are involved. You have no interest because at the moment there are no AUS players in the top category. Perhaps in the future and we awaits that day.
    Aussie...ahhh, you can long long lah into the future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Good imports will do the trick. Like Tony Gunawan. Maybe we should be calling Hendra Setiawan these days.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Don't think it will be long long lah. Chris is doing a good job in training up potential LDs (minus the circus act attitude) apart from actively involved in BC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the stats. I felt sorry for future players. Bwf still in denial mode. I wonder why. Why why tell me why...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Don't think it will be long long lah. Chris is doing a good job in training up potential LDs (minus the circus act attitude) apart from actively involved in BC.
    Currently, none of my trainees wish to play in international tournaments. I am a strict coach; If ever I find them doing any circus act attitude, they shall be sacked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently, none of my trainees wish to play in international tournaments. I am a strict coach; If ever I find them doing any circus act attitude, they shall be sacked.
    Yup, wonder if the trainees are asked to sign a sort of pledge that they will not do anything detrimental to the sport when they enrol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

I would think that the record of W/O's become more pertinent for the period starting May 1, 2011 onwards. If we collate data and the percentage figures from say, May 1 to present, and then compare them to the same type of data for say the preceding 2 years, might that not give us an indication of:

1. Whether W/O are in fact significantly increased in the qualifying period....
    "
    For other countries, I would say the trend is other way round. In 2010, for top 15 MS, the walkovers,retired, no shows(withdraw before tournament started) are more. During OG qualifying(2011), they will play, points, points, points. You can see a few I listed out in previous page.

China, oh boy, hard to calculate, eagle sure dizzy if count. Other countires, like I said, click here, all played, click there,1 retired, ok done, settle 2 years data

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since there is a latest walkover received,so i do one for their career since 2007
    cai/fu against other country player against own country player
    play until finish 191 12
    receive/concede retired or walkover 2 7
    % 1.03% 36.84%

we can see that,in the match involve cai/fu against their own teammate,there is more than 1/3 chance it will be a walkover or retired
    let see tomorrow if the well rested cai/fu can beat lee/jung or not,hehe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    since there is a latest walkover received,so i do one for their career since 2007
    play until finish 191 12
    % 1.03% 36.84%

we can see that,in the match involve cai/fu against their own teammate,there is more than 1/3 chance it will be a walkover or retired
    The walkover win by cai/fu has wasted some BC PAWers' time.

They will need to redo their PAW entries again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    play until finish 191 12
    % 1.03% 36.84%

I watched Koo/Yoo vs. Lee/jung at the Korean side in the draw.. And somehow I dont think Jung and Lee will be to tired either after that match ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton will never be as successful as tennis. One of the reason is the stupidity of having this "national interest" ahead of individual achievements. China has been dominating for over decade, how much more winning does Li Yongbo need? Perpetuating this problem is that the biggest market for the sponsors is China, so the sponsors do not go against the Chinese Badminton Association, but this is at a cost of badminton players and fans from other countries. Sports is about competition, walkovers are disgraceful.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default walkover/retired between teammate for 2011 super series,excluded qualification round

walkover 13
    country china:13
    % china:100%

retired 8
    country china:6 Korea:1 Indonesia:1
    & china:75% korea:12.5% indonesia:12.5

a beautiful record held by china

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is not that China at the moment probably abuses the rule, the question is if it's possible to make a rule that can prevent the perceived problem without penalizing other athletes. I think at the end of the day, it is probably impossible to satisifactory create a rule that will address this problem without causing other foreseen/unforeseen problems.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast