User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so when u gonna start?haha
    You're the database expert and miner, not me!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=limsy;1767435]the list is not complete since there is a few tournament which i cant found the linki publish to share,so its ok.( Quote)Send to BWF first. They wouldn't know because it looks complete,(to me) anyway (and I scan data like radar.) Many of us should send to BWF so they know many fans know. If only limsy sends, then BWF may think only this Maths whiz knows, so can ignore! Then when you update your list and it s twice as long, madbad may have to send his ambulance, 'e..o,e..o,e..o' fast! Save Thomas Lund or Paisan? On second thoughts, save the ambulance, don t save them!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Many of us should send to BWF so they know many fans know. If only limsy sends, then BWF may think only this Maths whiz knows, so can ignore!
    Perhaps it's best to send to BWF this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People got nothing better to do with their time ??? Come on guys get over it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Disagree... We wish that Badminton be a sport with players always performing their best whenever they play.

How can Badminton be a good sport to follow when our tournament players are sometimes 'stage-acting'?

Even in our BC PAW Games, PAWers are annoyed with this 'stage-acting'.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-04-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder why police dont spend their time with family instead of fighting against crime?
    court judge also.
    they must got nothing to do with their time too,like me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Disagree... We wish that Badminton be a sport with players always performing their best whenever they play.

How can Badminton be a good sport to follow when our tournament players are sometimes 'stage-acting'?

Even in our BC PAW Games, PAWers are annoyed with this 'stage-acting'.
    I think it's impossible to get rid of these walkovers. CBA control all the decisions, so i think it's wrong to blame and fine the players. Also, it would be wrong to take action against the players for previous WO, especially as in all cases, the WO has been allowed by the tournament referee, therefore despite what anyone says, there was a legitamate reason for their withdrawal.

I think some people are just annoyed that CL beat LCW and that the Chinese team will get 3 MS in OG. The fact is, that despite the walkover in Japan, the result will have probably been the same. CL wouldn't have been sitting around doing nOthing, resting. He would probably be training hard (probably harder than in a match) therefore if anything, he was probably more tired.

Anyway, BWF won't be doing anything about this, CBA is really powerful. CBA could easily Walkaway and boycott all tournaments, and create a longer CBSL. There would be a lot of money coming in from sponsorship, and I'm sure other players would be lured there as well. BWF, would struggle, left with a weaker field, losing one of the biggest fanbases, and would struggle to promote the sport. Thinkabout a BWF tournament PSS MS draw without China team, LCW PG TH. It would be rubbish...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's impossible to get rid of these walkovers. CBA control all the decisions, so i think it's wrong to blame and fine the players. Also, it would be wrong to take action against the players for previous WO, especially as in all cases, the WO has been allowed by the tournament referee, therefore despite what anyone says, there was a legitamate reason for their withdrawal.

I think some people are just annoyed that CL beat LCW and that the Chinese team will get 3 MS in OG. The fact is, that despite the walkover in Japan, the result will have probably been the same. CL wouldn't have been sitting around doing nOthing, resting. He would probably be training hard (probably harder than in a match) therefore if anything, he was probably more tired.

Anyway, BWF won't be doing anything about this, CBA is really powerful. CBA could easily Walkaway and boycott all tournaments, and create a longer CBSL. There would be a lot of money coming in from sponsorship, and I'm sure other players would be lured there as well. BWF, would struggle, left with a weaker field, losing one of the biggest fanbases, and would struggle to promote the sport. Thinkabout a BWF tournament PSS MS draw without China team, LCW PG TH. It would be rubbish...
    I support BWF kick CBA out of competition. Then LYB may finally support CBSL. Hopefully CBSL can be a really professional league like NBA, NFL. Then other good players from Denmark, Maylasia, Indonesia etc can join CBSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default you should consider walkover rate instead of the numbers if you want to send it to

BWF to support your claim that China have too much WO than the rest. The comparison of rate of WO for each country is more meaningful since China have too much time of meeting each other than the rest.

Statistics can be lies if not presented and anlalysized correctly just like many published medical journals

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Correction, it should be KOREA.
    Another from Korea is missing from tournamentsoftware.

2006 Jung/Lee bt Hwang/Lee, w/o, KOR - Thailand Open MD final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statisitcs is such a funny thing..

I took some statistics of 2011 and 2010 SS/GPG to see which country played the most number of same country vs. same country without WOs..

So how many MAS vs. MAS matchups has there been 2010 2011 etc. ??? How many CHN vs. CHN...

OK. lets look at the statistics.

2010 (GP-Gold + SS)

Same country vs. same country total matches Played 2010 in SS GP-gold:

CHN-CHN : 93
    INA-INA : 15
    DEN-DEN : 10
    JAP-JAP : 4
    KOR-KOR : 3
    TPE-TPE : 2
    MAC-MAC : 1
    IND-IND : 1
    MAS-MAS : 1

And so far in 2011:
    CHN-CHN : 69
    KOR-KOR : 12
    INA-INA : 9
    JAP-JAP : 8
    DEN-DEN : 5
    MAS-MAS : 2
    THA-THA : 2
    HKG-HKG : 2
    SIN-SIN : 1

With these statistics. wouldn't it be strange if from just a statistical standpoint if CHN didn't have more WOs/injuries during game.. just by probability numbers alone? CHN vs. CHN is a more common matchup that ALL the other countries same vs. same matchups put together!!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Another from Korea is missing from tournamentsoftware.

2006 Jung/Lee bt Hwang/Lee, w/o, KOR - Thailand Open MD final
    thanks
    i cant find that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention. The statistics i posted was only matches played fully to the end.. So it is quite clear that WOs. in juries are the exception, not the rule, even for all the many chn vs. chna games in the tournaments.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I forgot to mention. The statistics i posted was only matches played fully to the end.. So it is quite clear that WOs. in juries are the exception, not the rule, even for all the many chn vs. chna games in the tournaments.
    ...but more the rule than exception when it comes to critical and meaningful matches, it would appear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Statisitcs is such a funny thing..

I took some statistics of 2011 and 2010 SS/GPG to see which country played the most number of same country vs. same country without WOs..

So how many MAS vs. MAS matchups has there been 2010 2011 etc. ??? How many CHN vs. CHN...

OK. lets look at the statistics.

2010 (GP-Gold + SS)

Same country vs. same country total matches Played 2010 in SS GP-gold:

CHN-CHN : 93
    INA-INA : 15
    DEN-DEN : 10
    JAP-JAP : 4
    KOR-KOR : 3
    MAC-MAC : 1
    IND-IND : 1
    MAS-MAS : 1

And so far in 2011:
    CHN-CHN : 69
    KOR-KOR : 12
    INA-INA : 9
    JAP-JAP : 8
    DEN-DEN : 5
    MAS-MAS : 2
    THA-THA : 2
    HKG-HKG : 2
    SIN-SIN : 1

With these statistics. wouldn't it be strange if from just a statistical standpoint if CHN didn't have more WOs/injuries during game.. just by probability numbers alone? CHN vs. CHN is a more common matchup that ALL the other countries same vs. same matchups put together!!!!!
    Where do you find these data? Do you have a rate of WO? I feel the rate of WO for China is not that big considering the large number of chn vs chn meetings. In 2010, 70& of same country meetings are for China. So China should contribute 70% WO if all countries have the same WO rate.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    Where do you find these data? Do you have a rate of WO? I feel the rate of WO for China is not that big considering the large number of chn vs chn meetings. In 2010, 70& of same country meetings are for China. So China should contribute 70% WO if all countries have the same WO rate.
    maybe you also need statistic how many times CHN VS other country when CHN WO or retired
    then compare it with CHN VS CHN WO or retired

then we can see, is it true since there are many CHN players in the tournament, they have many times retired or WO if against another country?
    if there are a lot more CHN VS CHN games that is WO or retired, we can conclude somethings wrong with it
    Last edited by Avenger; 10-05-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    maybe you also need statistic how many times CHN VS other country when CHN WO or retired
    then compare it with CHN VS CHN WO or retired

then we can see, is it true since there are many CHN players in the tournament, they have many times retired or WO if against another country?
    if there are a lot more CHN VS CHN games that is WO or retired, we can sense somethings wrong with it
    Not really. That statistics would most likely show that there is a higher lieklyhood that a WO is given against a country/team fellow. I would be very surprised if a WO when playing a "friendly" match would not be more probable. Its hard to show that other countries "friendly" matches are notmore likely to be WOs.. without much statistical evidence from these countries on big events. Whe really only have a good statistical sampling of CHN vs. CHN matches.. We could only speculate how KOR-KOR, MAS-MAS, INA-INA WO frequency would have been if their players met almost 100-times a year in SS/GPG events.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast