User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Think again Limsy :-) My result on the exam does not stop my friend from getting a great score. Eliminating him from cup play will eliminate him from scoring higher (my win at his expense)... very different things.
    so we should cancel inter class competition
    since they are from same school
    we should cancel inter school competition since they are from same state
    we should cancel inter state competition since they are from same country
    we should cancel international competition since we are from the same earth
    wow!
    did i get u idea correctly?

then we should also welcome alien(if there is any),since we are from the same universe
    if u are UN head,
    there will be no more economy,military competition,one world one earth
    so harmony yeah?
    Last edited by limsy; 10-06-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u must had misunderstanding the purpose of sport and Olympic spirit
    just like how li yong bo manipulate his player like chess,to achieve his ultimate goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so we should cancel inter class competition
    since they are from same school
    we should cancel inter school competition since they are from same state
    we should cancel inter state competition since they are from same country
    we should cancel international competition since we are from the same earth
    wow!
    did i get u idea correctly?

then we should also welcome alien(if there is any),since we are from the same universe
    if u are UN head,
    there will be no more economy,military competition,one world one earth
    so harmony yeah?
    I think you are overcomplicating things.. If I play a friend and is injured, I think it is quite human to consider how he or the team would feel if I eliminate him by worsening my injury, but are not able to play the next match and thus have to give that away to a competitor to my "club" .. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the mentality to always go for the max whatever the personal cost, but I think consideration to friend/team is not such a strange unphatomable concept..
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the stageacting in soccer/fotball in the penalty zone.. that sport seems still to thrive..
    True. Soccer fans who know their sport well can spot the acting even before the referee makes the decision. I think it's the same for Badminton; Badminton fans who know their players well also know when the players are acting.

In both cases, for entertainment purpose, the acting is fun to follow. But when wishing to watch a truly high-spirited well-fought Badminton match, I would boo at the players who have pretended/acted, especially when they gave walkovers and gave us "No Match" to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    True. Soccer fans who know their sport well can spot the acting even before the referee makes the decision. I think it's the same for Badminton; Badminton fans who know their players well also know when the players are acting.

In both cases, for entertainment purpose, the acting is fun to follow. But when wishing to watch a truly high-spirited well-fought Badminton match, I would boo at the players who have pretended/acted, especially when they gave walkovers and gave us "No Match" to watch.
    Actually I could not agree more :-)

I just think some fans just blows these things way out of proportion, most probably becuase they do not like some of these players to win in the first place.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Think again Limsy :-) My result on the exam does not stop my friend from getting a great score. Eliminating him from cup play will eliminate him from scoring higher (my win at his expense)... very different things.
    some people might call that: aiding and abetting.
    Besides, in "professional" play, the default standard is to give your best without consideration for who is on the other side. The moment you do that, you've crossed the line IMO.
    Last edited by cobalt; 10-06-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    some people might call that: aiding and abetting.
    Besides, in "professional" play, the default standard is to give your best without consideration for who is on the other side. The moment you do that, you've crossed the line IMO.
    In theory it is easy.. But as I have mentioned before, I have witnessed games from big players like KKK/TBH, Taufik, Ville Lång, LD, Nathan Robertsson (and swedish nationalteam playing local tournaments as well) not giving it 100% .. Sometimes just enough to win.. Somtimes it have been blatantly obvious in some finals that the winner has given the local favourite some "grace" for the home crowd etc.

The only player that always seems to try to play his best is Peter Gade! And that is why I think he is so very popular despite not getting the real big wins under his belt. Even when he faces a weaker opponent he seems to try to play the best game..And I really love this about him.. That what makes him a Real idol for many fans i think..
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory it is easy.. But as I have mentioned before, I have witnessed games from big players like KKK/TBH, Taufik, Ville Lång, LD, Nathan Robertsson (and swedish nationalteam playing local tournaments as well) not giving it 100% .. Sometimes just enough to win.. Somtimes it have been blatantly obvious in some finals that the winner has given the local favourite some "grace" for the home crowd etc.

The only player that always seems to try to play his best is Peter Gade! And that is why I think he is so very popular despite not getting the real big wins under his belt. Even when he faces a weaker opponent he seems to try to play the best game..And I really love this about him.. That what makes him a Real idol for many fans i think..
    i agree on this
    that's why we made some noise

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will for sure.. He may or may not clinch the OG next year.. But if he don't, he will have the opportunity to collect those big-medals after LD retires.. The only danger would be a fast improving CL, WZM or Victor Axelsen. But most likely he have all the time to collect his missing trophies after LD has put his racket on the shelf.
    Luckily for LCW, his victory over LD in AE11 proves that he does not have to wait for LD to retire to reach his destination. But there s nothing LCW can do if the coward keeps running away from him. ( A fast improving CL, WZM is a long way away. These guys are rote trained so they can upset when another WO is arranged. Now if the draw can be done like in JO for a perfect relay act...well, if some underdogs are decent skilled and smart, they know they have the best chance to take out CHN youngsters, like INA MS Hayom did.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it ugly with more WOs against your friends that you play on a daily basis? Would you try to fight for a win with pain just to beat your friend, robbing him/her of the winning chance and then maybe have to withdraw due to the injury later in the tournament anyway??
    The difference is when it happens on a regular basis,for years, someone will get suspicious, someone will complain & someone else will squeal.
    If it's me, no, I will not or rather dare not do it(assuming I'm just faking an injury/illness), if I get caught, bye2 to career. Whoever high powers who instructed me to do it will wash their hands & still I am wrong for doing it - forever I will called cheater. Now, if I didnt do it, that would be considered heroic
    As discussed in the other threads, demoracy, invidualistic, consequences.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Whatever players have done, the truth will surface later

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The difference is when it happens on a regular basis,for years, someone will get suspicious, someone will complain & someone else will squeal.
    If it's me, no, I will not or rather dare not do it(assuming I'm just faking an injury/illness), if I get caught, bye2 to career. Whoever high powers who instructed me to do it will wash their hands & still I am wrong for doing it - forever I will called cheater. Now, if I didnt do it, that would be considered heroic
    As discussed in the other threads, demoracy, invidualistic, consequences.
    I like this post; Because whatever players have done, the truth will surface later - when players dare to speak out when they are no longer under their coach(es).

However, 'cheating' might be too strong a word to use. Perhaps 'match-fixing/acting' is better to be used to describe their actions.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Luckily for LCW, his victory over LD in AE11 proves that he does not have to wait for LD to retire to reach his destination. But there s nothing LCW can do if the coward keeps running away from him. ( A fast improving CL, WZM is a long way away. These guys are rote trained so they can upset when another WO is arranged. Now if the draw can be done like in JO for a perfect relay act...well, if some underdogs are decent skilled and smart, they know they have the best chance to take out CHN youngsters, like INA MS Hayom did.)
    when lcw won ae 2010,ld fans said ld let lcw win a major
    when lcw beat ld in ae 2011,ld fans said since it wasn't a major,so ld dont take it seriously
    so in some way,i glad that lcw didnt beat ld in wc,if not,ld fans will say og will be the only major(and some so called greatest prize money tournament)

let see what ld fans said if he win the ssmf this year

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when lcw beat ld in ae 2011,ld fans said since it wasn't a major,so ld dont take it seriously
    so in some way,i glad that lcw didnt beat ld in wc,if not,ld fans will say og will be the only major(and some so called greatest prize money tournament)

Perhaps Lin Dan may not win the SSMF, but again give another Walkover. He is getting so well-known for it already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think twobeer's point is that let's say that you are feeling even a slight discomfort... and it might jeopardize your chances for the next match up against a stronger opponent although you could possibly defeat your current opponent, which happens to come from the same country. He suggests that the person would give a walkover to let his team-mate advance in better condition so that his team-mate has a better chance and perform better than what the person himself can do.

However, the main point is everyone carries some sort of discomfort in one place or another in any tournament. The doctors can just confirm that it is an injury (one toe? one finger?) and the person can give a walkover even for the most minor of all reasons. This is exactly what is happening now, and it doesn't help that Li Yongbo is clearly taking advantage of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I think twobeer's point is that let's say that you are feeling even a slight discomfort... and it might jeopardize your chances for the next match up against a stronger opponent although you could possibly defeat your current opponent, which happens to come from the same country. He suggests that the person would give a walkover to let his team-mate advance in better condition so that his team-mate has a better chance and perform better than what the person himself can do.

However, the main point is everyone carries some sort of discomfort in one place or another in any tournament. The doctors can just confirm that it is an injury (one toe? one finger?) and the person can give a walkover even for the most minor of all reasons. This is exactly what is happening now, and it doesn't help that Li Yongbo is clearly taking advantage of it.
    I think you summed it up nicely.. And to add to that i do not "DEFEND" that it is "RIGHT" to do this.. Just that it is not that "EXTREME SCANDAL" and "DESTROYING THE SPORT" and such "DEEP IMORALITY" as some people make seem to make it out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But When LD gives LCW an easy win fans are Happy.. If he gives a CHN-player an easy win fans are mad.. Pretty inconsistent reasoning :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Change of keyword.

But When LD gives LCW an easy win fans are Happy.. If he gives a CHN-player an easy win fans are mad.. Pretty inconsistent reasoning :-)
    LD to Lcw
    Lcw to LD
    CHN-player to MAS-player
    mad-curios

Just for fun btw. No hard feelings.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast