User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 239 to 255 of 282
  1. #239
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    if BWF (and IOC) is fair for every countries, then China will not deploy this "dirty" tactic, just like in the past...surely this thread will never appear
    That's true. But if China chose not to deploy the tactic, then this thread will never appear too.

  2. #240
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    I would say that many countries are affected by rules in other sports too. In badminton, there was a time when Japan WD were affected by the maximum quota.
    no offence, but I really want to know about this. When is it ? and what ranking are they ?

  3. #241
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    That's true. But if China chose not to deploy the tactic, then this thread will never appear too.
    just like I said before, every country wants to fulfill the maximum quotas, so CBA has no other choice besides this w/o or ret tactics

  4. #242
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    What BWF has to do with all the walkovers done by a particular country's players???. If he/she does it for the sake of his country in order for any reason(to gain ranking points or any other reason), would it be due to the impact of BWF?? . Not at all in any case ... No other country is doing that kind of act continuously in recent years(whole world knows that) . If you do something and blaming others for that act is not at all good thing to do in any kind of sport. .
    it seems that u dont understand my previous post. no other country ? yes. bcoz BWF only targetting china players. If BWF also targetting KOR, INA, DEN...that is 3 spots in top 12 instead of 3 in top 24, then we will see more w/o or ret tactic by those country, bcoz it is very hard to achieve lol

  5. #243
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    no offence, but I really want to know about this. When is it ? and what ranking are they ?
    Are you lazy ? I have replied this. You can check the ranking page. You can check badzine. You can do a google search.

    I wrote this again :
    Shizuka Natsuo/Mami Naito were ranked 7 but did not go to Olympics because there were 2 higher ranked Japanese WD.

  6. #244
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Kompas is often wrong too. There is no wildcard. Wildcard by definition is not that. Yes, Febe is ranked higher than Firda but sending Firda instead of Febe is not called giving Firda wildcard. Check the definition of wildcard in IOC instead of kompas.
    almost every Indonesian media report the same, surely it is right. check this article (March 2012) : http://metrotvnews.com/read/newsvide...at-Wild-Card/4 or this one : http://www.tempo.co/read/news/2012/0...de-London-2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Shizuka Natsuo/Mami Naito were ranked 7 but did not go to Olympics because there were 2 higher ranked Japanese WD.
    thanks. But still, china suffers the most

  7. #245
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Are you lazy ? I have replied this. You can check the ranking page. You can check badzine. You can do a google search. I wrote this again :Shizuka Natsuo/Mami Naito were ranked 7 but did not go to Olympics because there were 2 higher ranked Japanese WD.
    I missed it. no need to angry. If you are nice, I will be nice too
    Last edited by Fortune; 01-31-2013 at 10:00 AM.

  8. #246
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    just like I said before, every country wants to fulfill the maximum quotas, so CBA has no other choice besides this w/o or ret tactics
    That is a fallacy. It is not proven. CBA has choice to do the tactic or not do the tactic.

    If you withdraw money from ATM and find out that you received 1 extra note, most people would keep the money but there will be some honest people who will return it to the bank.

    I have met such people. I employed him because I valued his honesty.

    So not all countries will do that tactic. I would say most countries probably yes.

  9. #247
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    That is a fallacy. It is not proven. CBA has choice to do the tactic or not do the tactic.If you withdraw money from ATM and find out that you received 1 extra note, most people would keep the money but there will be some honest people who will return it to the bank.I have met such people. I employed him because I valued his honesty.So not all countries will do that tactic. I would say most countries probably yes.
    Too many assumptions. China already proved it, they don't need this tactic from 19XX - 2001

  10. #248
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Too many assumptions. China already proved it, they don't need this tactic from 19XX - 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    I missed it. no need to angry. If you are nice, I will be nice too
    You missed my point. I am not against you or against anyone.

    I like to watch any good players. I am amazed by the skills of Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli even though I seldom watch women doubles.

    I disagree with the tactic. You also admitted that it is bad tactic. But I will not say that because of rules, everyone has to do bad tactic. It is a choice to do that tactic. I agree that most will probably do that but you keep arguing that all will do that so it is not CBA to blame.

  11. #249
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this thread is going to be closed soon because too many off topic. So I will not post anything else after this in this thread.

  12. #250
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    I think this thread is going to be closed soon because too many off topic. So I will not post anything else after this in this thread.
    Why so? This thread has been going on topic and very well updated until some errant weed barged in and wreaked havoc.

    Will you leave your house if it's haunted? Simply perform some "exorcism" to clean away "evil spirits", that's all you have to do.

  13. #251
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,025
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whoa, Fortune, I've to hand it to you. Where do you get all the energy and patience to do the research-based argument? But I'm afraid all your time and effort doing those painstaking research might be wasted though I respect you a lot for it. One look at the thread title and OP should surely and immediately tells you what it's all about, no need to spell it out. I always bear in mind that when emotion comes in the door, reason is thrown out the window. Still just reading your data is beneficial, your views and conclusions aside.

    On whether walkovers and retirements are good or bad, right or wrong, it's for BWF , the world governing sport body to which all the member associations are subordinate, to decide and deal with them accordingly. I'm sure every member association will do what is in their best interest and maximize their chances of winning within the rules allowed and taking into account their players' condition and readiness to compete, simple as that.

    What "exorcism of evil spirits"?! I trust BC forum is a rational,enlightened platform and that's what every forum member should strive for.

  14. #252
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's put it this way : China players can win even if its fair and square, and there is a high % chance of winning. But they are presented the choice to further increase the % by using the walkover method. So, will you do it or not?

    Some countries like China and Korea do, while some don't. That is where the debate goes. I personally don't like this and there can be some moral debate about it.

    HOWEVER, what happens is there have been attacks on the China team for using this method, but not about the moral issue, but saying that it is blatant cheating that caused them to win. This gives the impression that if China wins, its because they cheated and they don't deserve anything. Hence, China fans have the need to defend their team because it is also extremely unfair to say that China can only win through cheating because they really have a strong crop of players.

  15. #253
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,503
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badminton is a very lovable sport for those who take it seriously .. Some guys are masters and some are beginners. Masters need to act as working principles to younger generation. With that kind of background, If they love walkovers and all other short cut routes to achieve things with some attitude(like we are superpowers. We can do anything ) , definitely this will affect not only badminton but also its followers. We can't say simply that these walkovers can only be dealt by BWF and cannot be done by any other individuals .. Anybody can raise their voice against the evil thatz happening in front of them .This is called fighting spirit.
    Whatever be the data represented and shown for defending their act as right, that wont conceal the truth..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 02-01-2013 at 04:00 AM.

  16. #254
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, I've seen many views on why deliberate walkovers/retirements are done. With my 1,86 GHz brain, however, I can sum the reasons into these:

    As long as nation [blahblahblah] gets the gold medal.
    As long as nation [blahblahblah] is the overall winner.
    As long as flag [blahblahblah] is the highest.
    I'm doing my country proud.


    Everyone, accept it. This is the very root of the problem: Nation over badminton.
    This is where nationalism/patriotism can harm the sport.

    My last post in this thread. Ta-ta.

  17. #255
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hehehe..:P
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    what are you talking about ? from 7 spots in the past and now it's only 4 spots, is it fair ? if world # 50, 60, and 70 can go to World Championships while world # 9, 10 and 11 can not go, is this fair ?if that's the case, then why BWF only targetting China as the strongest country in badminton ? why BWF didn't set the rule that 3 players / pairs can go to WC as long as they are in top 12 instead of 3 in top 24 ? this will make INA, DEN, and KOR is difficult to have 3 reps in WC lol http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-qualification in badminton, IOC and BWF only allows 3 spots per countries if they are in top 4...formerly 3 in top 8. however, the regulation for other strong countries still the same. In 2008, China only have 2 reps in OG, bcoz XZB / ZYW only as world #5. However, Indonesia that already have 5 - 6 spots in OG 2012, also get wild card in WS, so they have all reps in all 5 sectors. wow. fantastic. I think IOC wants to make badminton more popular around the world, but why they give the OG ticket to Indonesia instead of the third world country in badminton ???
    First of all,Why are you comparing past with present.May be the past was unfair and the present may be more fair.The BWF be doing it for benefit of the game.
    Now for your argument of #9,#10 players not able to play but 50,60,70 ranked players getting chance.
    I am giving you an example from tennis doubles in london olympics.A player ranked 12 did get chance but a player ranked above 200 got chance.But no comments that they are being unfair to them.
    And for the last,As you have said Indonesia got a wild card in WS.This statement is absolutely wrong.She was given "Re-distributed unused quota" which was the same with Li Xuerui.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tensions from a hot country to a cold country
    By iancjw in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 3
    : 04-02-2010, 12:47 AM
  2. chinese player pictures of AG 2006
    By chika in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 11
    : 12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
  3. who will retired after wc madrid 2006
    By TKG2609 in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 11
    : 09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
  4. Which player(s) to watch in 2006??..
    By ctjcad in forum 2006 Tournaments
    Replies: 14
    : 05-19-2006, 03:49 AM
  5. 2006 malaysian youth player
    By gemini12 in forum 2006 Tournaments
    Replies: 21
    : 03-16-2006, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •