2 very similar racquets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shaun, Mar 23, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    has anyone used a cab 23 and a cab 10 tour? THey both have the same muscle power frame design and both have the exact same shaft stiffness(according to the yonex website), they also have the same string tension. Taking all these similarities into mind, what is the accually difference of the two?????
    either than the fact that the 23 costs more and that its a diff color "p

2. Don

Don Regular Member

Cab 23 is longer and head heavy

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Cab 23 and Cab 10 tour are the same length. apparently its the balance point and flexibility that varies

4. May

May Guest

But is there realy a diff.????? I have played with both though never owned one.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure if it's really longer... (just got mine today finally!!!!! yay!!!!!!)
    It uses HM graphite around the entire frame, as opposed to the newer model Cab 10 tour. (speaking of which... did you know this is like the 3rd or 4th incarnation of this wonderful racquet?)
    As for stiffness, I honestly couldn't tell you, because I don't have a cab 10 to compare with... but I think Don is right, it might be just slightly head heavier.

As of right now... I've got both the cab 22, and 23 in my hands... and having fun swinging them around. Both of mine are 2U-G4... just the spec I like it at.
    I used my buddy's Cab20 tour today... boy did that bring back memories :)
    The only thing is his grip size was G2??? I was like, "whoa that's a tiny grip!!!! No wonder why you can't play with it."
    hehehe... anyways...

When I finally get them strung, and get some playing time in...
    I'll post my lenthy reviews, with fewer spelling errors this time, and hopefully a more clear picture of how each of them performed for me. Without sounding too over enthused :)

From my initial impressions... I think I'm gonna absolutely love the Cab22 that cooler, and Kwun have been using for this long period of time. :)

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    As far as I remember, Cab 22 is Cheung's favorite, but not Kwun. -:)