PP Trinity2 Redux - Review Update

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cobalt, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Trinity2 Review Redux: Update, one year on
    Well, it’s been over a year that Angie moved in with me, and I can tell you, it hasn’t been dull!

For those who don’t remember Angie, a quick introduction…

“I found her there with her friends and cousins, at the place where I went looking for a new dance partner. There she was hanging on a wall, all by her lonesome ownsome. I guess other people did not care much for her looks; some found her fat and ugly; some found her too slim. But for me, she looked just perfect. Light on her feet at just 82.8 gms, and with a slim waist at 284mm, she had this allure of mystery and subtle promise about her.”

Now that we’ve been introduced all around, let me tell you about Life With Angie.

Did I tell you, it hasn’t been dull? Yeah, we couldn’t keep our hands off each other for the first couple of months! It was seriously heavy stuff! No time to eat or sleep, we were together almost every moment, and doing what we did best together…

Wherever we went to play, people would come up and compliment both of us, and I just loved her all the more for it. I’d never felt so young, so powerful in all my playing life! Each night before I turned in, I would kiss her and let her know how much I loved her, and say a quiet thanks to Daddy Dan for making her…

I can’t tell you when exactly things began to change, but before I knew it, we were having flaming rows every second day! Was it the colour of her hair? Her Californian personality? Her partly Asian background? All I knew for sure is that something had gone *snap
    * in her, and she in turn was snapping back at me. Me, her one true lover!! Well, everyone else on court wanted to dance with her all the time and I would mostly refuse, because I was always afraid someone would hurt her, or ‘misuse’ her or worse yet, abduct her! I couldn’t think of life without my Angie! So yes, I admit I was a bit over-possessive, but which red-blooded man in my place would not be. You had to just look at Angie to know what I mean.

We couldn’t stop fighting. Whenever we went out, she just didn’t move in rhythm with me, the way she used to. Her friends noticed it too, and would give me accusing looks. It reached a point where I decided we needed to take a break from one another. ‘You’re not so responsive
    like you were in the early days,” I complained. “Who is?” she retorted. Then she ducked her head into the black poncho that Daddy Dan had given her, and just stayed there, sulking. “Well, sulk!” I thought to myself, “See if I care!”

“You don’t know what I’m going through!” she wailed; “I have such insecure thoughts! Every time you look at another girl, or speak to Daddy Dan, I keep thinking ‘what racket is he in to now?’ No! Don’t touch me! Leave me alone!”

And I did. I went about my everyday work, and when the urge grabbed me, I found my old friend Sven Weaver
    and went out and played with him. We had a powerful presence together, forged on battlefields and through hard times, and I truly enjoyed his presence, but it was just not the same thing. My Angie had that suppleness and inner strength that seemed to just complement me perfectly. Truth to tell, I missed her terribly. Sven noticed it too, and it plucked on his heart-strings so much that he just went snap! “Go back to her, cobalt! You need to work it out together, and you owe her an apology.”

Late that night, I slunk in the darkened front door, and the lights suddenly went on. “Trying to sneak in? You don’t have to: it’s your house” she snapped. I caved. I cried and held her, and told her I was sorry for being such a cad, and will you forgive me darling Angie? But hello, there’s too many tears here on the floor to be just mine! Angie was bawling and clutching me and I was truly afraid her heart would break. “Daddy Dan promised I would be the only Trinity! He broke his promise! He made this other girl better than me, and she’s topless
    and I was so afraid you would trade me in, and then I’d be for the scrap-heap! What’s a girl to DO??? No one would ever want me, a second-hand girl!”

My heart just broke, right there. “Angie, I would never, never leave you, you know that! Even Sven Weaver knows that. But I didn’t know that, not until this evening. I know it now. As for Daddy Dan, I think you need to know that the new girl Tripper has a very stiff back and is nowhere near as supple as you; besides, I suspect, her skin’s kinda golden-yellow, and although a lot of guys go for that, I’m a flamenco guy myself.” She threw herself in my arms, and all was right with my world again.

I bought her a new dress. Still white, but tighter now at 25 and 27. And red socks. Spectacularly sinful!! Angie was an angel who could tempt the Devil to give up Hell itself.

Our time away from each other made us somehow more appreciative of the other’s strengths, and supportive of weaknesses. Others recognized a new, more trusting and deeper connection now. It showed in the way we danced and in our coordination. Many weeks later, I confided in her when she was more at peace with herself. “Daddy Dan just went through a rough phase himself; his own Mama went on to meet the Great Creator of Badminton in the Sky, and Daddy Dan needs to look at his life and his family with a new appreciation of Life.”

“Give Daddy Dan a message the next time you speak to him,” said Angie. “Tell him that all his creations are still alive and well all over the world, me and Priscilla, Tripper, Ulrika and her cousins, and we all remember him and his family every day; and we thank him for giving us Life and making this World a Better Place.”

I said, “I think Daddy Dan already knows that.”

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Best story ever!!!!!!!

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Glad you liked it, CanucksDynasty and teojb and others! :)

More than 150 visits so far, but judging from the response, I feel more like a mistrel on a street corner somewhee in the downtown business district on a Sunday morning, with a broken guitar and hoarse voice. The hat's empty. :(

It doesn't say anywhere on articles like these, that comments are not welcome! :D

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I still want my 5 minutes back! :p :D :D :D. But really, it's very creative and almost borders on PG13 rating, almost. :D ..... I'd almost like to see (although with trepidation) what you write about when you try out the "extra stiff shaft" of the mx80 like I told you to do. :p ;)

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yup, pretty nice story, I laughed really hard when I read it :D

you are cheating! topless Tpro! I'm should be the only trinity, lol!
    second hand girl also a good one

6. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

haha. Wasn't expecting that. Just enough detail. Any more and it would be creepy. :)