Badminton Ontario Introduces New Club affiliation Model

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by MBCLLAP, Oct 5, 2011.

1. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

Badminton Ontario has taken a big step to encourage all Badminton Clubs to be affiliate with Badminton Ontario so we can grow the sport as a unified organization that is linked with one another.

With the introduction of a new flat fee affiliation model, it has now become affordable for all clubs to affiliate with Badminton Ontario through it is District and take advantage of all the services that Badminton Ontario and it is district has to offer.

If your club is within the TDBA district, your club can affiliate with Badminton Ontario for as low as $50.00, regardless of how many players you have in your clubs. You will get the following services in return:
    • $5 million liability insurance cover for your club.
    • If your club is renting a gym from a school, you are paying $75 to $100 insurance per school gym
    • Badminton Ontario will help you get a refund from the school Board for the insurance money that you have paid already. You are making money for you club already
    • Once a year, you can buy a maximum of 20 tube of Yonex Mavis 300 Shuttle from your district for $10.00 a tube, including Tax. Average cost for a tube of Mavis 300 shuttle is $15 with tax.
    • With 20 Tubes, you save $100.00.
    • You will get a 10% discount card from selected Badminton Ontario Sponsors.
    • Your insurance requirement to play in League Play will be waive. $50 saving.
    With a $50 affiliation fee, and if you choose to participate in all of the above services, you have already save your club $200.00

You will get more benefits as Badminton Ontario begin to develop more services to service your club need.

Only through affiliation, we can grow Badminton through our strength in numbers. With numbers and linkage, we will become a stronger organization to be recognized for sponsorship and government funding to build more programs.

Badminton Ontario has taken a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] step in making a big change, please affiliate and help us drive more changes and continuous improvement to grow the sports.

For more information on the NEW affiliation model, download affiliation form at http://tdba.ontariobadminton.on.ca/client/oba/obawebsite2.nsf/webresourceslisting?openform&id=126

Or email me at: President@markhambadminton.com

Attached Files:

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Also noticed the role you have played in securing the Pan Am Games venue for the future of badminton in Markham and the surrounding area. as well as other initiatives. You are a huge asset and motivator for badminton in Canada, sir! I salute you.

3. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

Cobalt,

Thank You very much for the kind words. I hope I can count on yours and every badminton player’s support as we drive change and improvement for Badminton. Badminton is a very popular sport. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] most played sports in the world, next to soccer, and yet in term of government funding, sponsorship, popularity with the media and marketing we are at the bottom of the list. WHY?

I am just a person with a simple vision, 7 years road map and plan to hopefully drive some changes to improve the recognition that badminton deserve. Sometime, these plans are a bit misguided, so any feedback on what badminton players’ need, and gaps are much appreciated. I had left the Badminton world for over 20 years. I don’t know a lot of your requirement. You all have to tell me what your needs are and I will work at it to drive the changes that it is needed for badminton.

With respect to the PAN AM facility, it is a sweet victory, but it will be short live if we don’t build a sustainable structure that is link between all the clubs to use a facility dedicated for Badminton. With a $20M, 36,000 square feet, 42 feet ceiling height facility built to International Standard, you can bet every other Indoor Sport will be fighting to use a piece of that facility.

The Town has already promise me that Badminton has the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] right of refusal to use the facility after PAN AM. I am working on a model to occupy the facility.

The help I need from all of you is that all your clubs need to become affiliated under one roof, under Badminton Ontario, through your district and to Badminton Canada. Only together, we will have the strength, the numbers and the clout to fight the next fight. An old cliché, “United we stand, Divided we fall”.

Badminton Ontario has changed it is affiliation model to serve every clubs now, recreational, to senior to school to High Performance.

If you believe in what we are doing, I just ask for one favor, please affiliate with Badminton Ontario. You have nothing to lose, it is affordable now and Badminton has everything to gain. It will give us the leverage to take badminton to the next step.

Thank You

4. tenchi

tenchi Regular Member

MBCLLAP, kudos to you for your effort and dedication.

On a lighter note, lets hope your work does help to change the landscape of Badminton in Canada and get more people back to playing OBA or rather BO tournaments.

Now a days, we are noticing a trend where stronger players (OBA A/B ranked) are taking part in smaller, non-OBA tournaments and raising the level of these tournaments - which originally was meant for the "recreational" level players.

Can't say we blame them either. These tournaments, when compared to the OBA ones, are usually better organized, cheaper, usually has free snacks, draw prizes and decent prizes.