Sosa caught cheating?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Yodums, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Busted~!

He probably cheated before.......but no one can probably find the proof anyway.:mad:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    technically, i don't see advantage of using a bat with cork insert. It might lighten up a bat for better swing speed but cork is dampening material so it suck up energy. Try dropping a shuttle on a floor and see how high it bounce. This cork bat thing is just a placebo.

4. trademark14

trademark14 Regular Member

From what i heard, a corked bat has a section that is hollow inside and a cork is in it. From this, when the bat is swung, the cork will slide toward the top making the bat have a faster speed.

You all seen those bat they sell in Toys 'R' Us for kids, where they have an object in the bat so when you swing the bat, the object will slide toward the top of the bat making the momentum of the bat go somewhat faster.

I've seen this dicussed in badminton forum as well. I forgot where but i think it was a Wilson racquet or something that people said there was sand in the shaft of the racquet.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    ProKennex.

I have a Kinetic ULX, there is some sand (at least, more than 1 ppl guess/say so) in the handle. When u swing the racket, u can hear some sort of sound. However, whether it really boost up the swing motion or not, I can't really say.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Exactly.

I am sure more than 1 player (including many all stars) doing this. Sammy is just the one being caught this time. It surely will effect his public image somehow in the recent days.

But, heck, unless he could be caught again in the near future, ppl will soon forget about this and cheer for him again.

7. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    You mean it's not because the racquet is spoilt and stuff like that??? My friend has a racquet like that too, I thought maybe it rusted inside or something like that. :eek:

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    People need to know that, if you have a bat like that, your hits will be able to fly about 20ft+ more than regular hits.

This information came from professional players in my country, Taiwan.