Is my Victor BS09 real?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by jay11879, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jay11879

jay11879 Regular Member

Hi guys, I just got a new Brave Sword 09 from a shop called AJ Racket Mart in Puchong, Bandar Puteri today, since I haven't owned a Victor racket before in my life, I just want to you guys to help me confirm whether my racket is genuine. I have read through some of the posts about spotting real and fake victor BS09 rackets, and the design on my racket is known as the 2nd generation BS09 with only the "SWORD" word on the frame, and the top, without the ""Square Head Frame" words. The butt cap flat and blue in color with a white victor logo, it doesn't look glossy, but "Matte-finished" instead, the butt cup feels just slight bit rough. My main concern though, lies in the serial number, the serial number on my BS09 is MYH8290016, and I don't really know much about Victor racket serial numbers, cos this is the only one I have in my whole lifetime so far, I hope you guys can help me out, thanks. =] If it helps, an extra info will be that the base of the racket grips seems kinda bulky in diameter, and from reading other posts, they said that it is actually Victor's way to prevent racket slipping from the player's hand. I thank you guys for your help in advance. =]

2. jay11879

jay11879 Regular Member

Pardon me for my grammatical errors, I am really tired after badminton to type it 100% right. =]

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    should be fine..
    it's new design of BS09 (and new design of the butt cap)
    also the shaft serial number: MY = Malaysia
    my MX80 is HKC = Hong Kong (which is right, I bought it in Hong Kong)

one question:
    did the butt cap has "V" print on it?
    if yes does the colour of "O" same or different?
    because I remember about victor fake racket comes with orange "O" (different colour from the "\", "/")

#3 Avenger, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. jay11879

jay11879 Regular Member

Hi avenger, thanks for your reply, anyway pertaining to your question, my Victor logo on the butt cap is fully white, and through reading other posts in the forum, yes it was mentioned that an O with the orange color is fake, that is applicable to the old round and protruding butt cap which the victor logo should be fully silver, but I do not know if it applies to the new flat and blue butt cap as well. =]

5. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    Dont worry... AJ sell genuine racket...

6. jay11879

jay11879 Regular Member

Thanks awekuda for clarifying, after using the BS09 for only once, it felt so good playing with it that I wish I am playing badminton 24/7, I love it! ^^