ARC10 user, need a second racquet...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Swiftlegend, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,

Currently I use an ARC10 - its around 2 years old and I would like another racquet as I only have one and I am playing more and more, around 3 times a week for 2-3 hrs per session. My standard is league/county and I play mostly mens doubles however, I do enjoy the odd game of singles.
    I am looking for a racquet that has power in smashing as now and again I struggle to produce a lot of power with the ARC10. I don't like heavy racquets nor do I like quite head heavy racquets however I prefer head heavy over head light. I don't like extra stiff racquets and stiff-medium is preferred. I would say I am a fairly offensive player but I do like to play defensive as well - I reckon my drops are better than my smashes. So what do you think I should get next? I am looking at the Victor BS series as they have had so much praise. The racquets that I have researched a lot include: Victor MX80, MX70, BS9-12, SW36/37. Yonex z-slash, VT70/80.

Thanks all :)

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    VT70 or MX70. Both are mid-stiff and slightly head heavier than your Arc10.

3. Swiftlegend

Student
    Ok thanks, i'll look into these slightly more.

4. Swiftlegend

Student
    Btw for doubles, to improve the speed at which you hit shuttles do you think a head heavy racquet is better compared to having an extremely quick and light racquet? (This came into my mind as I am now borrowing a friends ARC7 to see if I like head lighter racquets or not).

5. Ditbayki

Ditbayki Regular Member

If you can try a RSL X5 Silver. Its slightly headheavy, not to stiff and a very forgiving racket to play with.

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

You could try the Arcsaber Z-Slash as it is slightly faster than the Arcsaber 10 and I have the Arcsaber Z-Slash and I have played with the Arcsaber 10
    I think the Arcsaber Z-Slash wouldn't be a bad choice as it is even-balanced to head heavy and it is a good racket to play in doubles and singles as the racket is light even though it is a 3U racket.

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    My preferred specs are similar to yours and my top two rackets are the MX70 closely followed by the BS12. The MX70 has slightly more umph than the BS12 and is a great all round racket.

8. Swiftlegend

Student
    Thanks for those responses, hopefully I'll be able to try a Z-Slash tomorrow night as a club mate has one. As for the Victors', i'm tempted to just take pot luck and order one or two and then return them if necessary.

9. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Just to let you know If you dont hit the shuttle constantly it is normal with the Z-Slash as the frame cut through the air quickly meaning you have to adjust your timing when you hit the shuttle. When you get the timing right some of your shots will feel effortless

#9 drew tze en, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i feel that my arc z is quite flexible, great for singles, at first i thought my SW35 is light, but the more i use it the more it feels like head heavy, just like my armortec900t, my voltric 70 is almost identical to the 900t, both fairly light weight with a bit of head heaviness. overall the sw35 feels the best playing in my hand, but for you sw35 or the armortec900t might be suitable for you. i also use my arc9 quite a bit because it's lighter but i haven't tried the arc9fl yet.