Solid vs honey comb cork (shuttle cock head)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by ongwilliam, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ongwilliam

ongwilliam Regular Member

Social / Community service
    Interesting finding recently related to shuttle cock product.

Mostly come with recycle or honey comb shuttle cock head/cork.
    Next the recycle feather and also feather made of duck versus goose (then the grading of the feather based on the quality of the feather conditions - closely together firm and loosely or bended end).

good shuttle cock tend to come from feather which are made of new goose, good nicely arrange, unbended feather quality. Next would be on the s/cock head or cork - solid one tend to last longer. Recently tried out MBS shuttlecock C-class (Series G500), excellent and can last up to 2 competitive games.

The downside, is the shuttle do not fly that well (trajectory up/down landing).

Honey comb cork, however tends to be better on this flight trajectory but do not last long (at most 7-8 points during competitive play).

Cork head, can be easily observed when the outer white layer of the covering is removed/sliced out.

Sample of solid cork, with goose feather that I had used so far are MBS (Series G400 & G500) and Yonex AS40.

Good finding.

2. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    got pic for sliced cord for solid and honey comb cork?...

3. Enya.zwp

Enya.zwp Regular Member

International sales
    I am not sure the meaning for honey comb cork, here I send two pictures for our cork, the first one is from Portugal, kind of some soft wood, the second is a composite material + recycled wood bits.
    S100-HEAD.jpg
    P1040681.jpg

4. ongwilliam

ongwilliam Regular Member

Social / Community service
    Shuttle cock head

Hi Enya,

Great pictures that you had sent. Thanks.

Yes, that's exactly what I had written on.

Solid / softwood vs honey comb (synthetic resin/composite with wood chip/some come with recycle cock head).

Apparently, solid cock last long (but with a good quality goose feather; duck is not that durable). But it does feel heavy and the shuttle flight is not that smooth/high.