User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default racket tech explanation please

    hi everyone... maybe this topic had been brought up in the previous post or thread and i might have miss it... but im still wondering if someone could help me to explain the differences between racket technologies / terms used by several badminton brand:

    for example:

    -all carbon graphite
    -high modulus graphite
    -high modulus graphite + nano carbon
    -ultra carbon
    -high carbon
    -woven graphite
    -superior graphite
    -nano spring
    -zenit assymetric

    & many more...

    i know difference brand will use different terms for their technologies... but do all the terms have the same meaning? need more info and explanation on this topic... thanx...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't expect any answer on questions like unless u hold a Phd in molecular chemistry. Even the manufacturers find them hard to explain, let alone ordinary Joe N Jane here. All we need to know is, the names are catchy. 99.9999% doesnt care what they means. Tht put u n me in the minority!

  3. #3
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahaha... i agree with u... it seems that the names are attractive, sounds very modern and also good for market branding... ) well, anyway, i still curious (even deep inside me i know the terms is almost the same :P ) ... that's why if anyone of our member here in bc who can help us to explain the differences, then it would be well appreciated..
    Quote Originally Posted by S.fusion View Post
    Don't expect any answer on questions like unless u hold a Phd in molecular chemistry. Even the manufacturers find them hard to explain, let alone ordinary Joe N Jane here. All we need to know is, the names are catchy. 99.9999% doesnt care what they means. Tht put u n me in the minority!

  4. #4
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    40T graphite has higher modulus than 30T. Meaning it's stiffer and stronger. See Young's modulus. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young's_modulus. ....... Only problem is it's more brittle, hence manufacturers have to use additives and different layers to make it less brittle.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    -all carbon graphite: normal graphite not too dense
    -high modulus graphite: graphite with more dense structure, which usually produce stiffer racket
    -ultra carbon : no idea
    -high carbon : no idea
    -high modulus graphite + nano carbon: see nano spring
    -woven graphite : the weave the graphite since it will make the graphite stronger (tightly bonded)
    -superior graphite: no idea
    -nano spring: technology from a company called blablabla (can't remember) that Yonex take, basically it's is still carbon, but in molecule scale, they change the molecule to produce more springy carbon, and the effect lalala (can't remember, I read it from yonex brochure book)
    -zenit assymetric : strange way to say: this racket BP is 295mm (it's just gimmick term from flypower)
    Last edited by Avenger; 10-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanx for the info bro... the ultra carbon and high carbon terms comes from li-ning's low and mid end racket if im not mistaken ... superior graphite comes from flypower racket :P .. well, there are many terms in badminton racket techs nowadays hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    -all carbon graphite: normal graphite not too dense
    -high modulus graphite: graphite with more dense structure, which usually produce stiffer racket
    -ultra carbon : no idea
    -high carbon : no idea
    -high modulus graphite + nano carbon: see nano spring
    -woven graphite : the weave the graphite since it will make the graphite stronger (tightly bonded)
    -superior graphite: no idea
    -nano spring: technology from a company called blablabla (can't remember) that Yonex take, basically it's is still carbon, but in molecule scale, they change the molecule to produce more springy carbon, and the effect lalala (can't remember, I read it from yonex brochure book)
    -zenit assymetric : strange way to say: this racket BP is 295mm (it's just gimmick term from flypower)

  7. #7
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well, does all the terms give special effect in the players game? any ideas?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's just a matter of time before someone releases rackets call ' ironman 3' n 'transformer 4'. I like 'nano optimus prime's spark' Smasherking, I think u know the answer deep down.

  9. #9
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahaha ) well, i prefer high modulas carbon jack sparrow with pirate caribean graphite... if it does exist , s.fusion.. hehehe :P sounds funny with terms nowadays... i wonder what kind of racket tech will come out in 5 to 10 years from now... aluminium? magnesium? kalium? potasium?
    Quote Originally Posted by S.fusion View Post
    It's just a matter of time before someone releases rackets call ' ironman 3' n 'transformer 4'. I like 'nano optimus prime's spark' Smasherking, I think u know the answer deep down.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is mentioned is abit same if u apply from automobiles engines valve timing mechanism

    alfra romeo = twin cam / twin spark / jts / multiair
    BMW = valvetronic / VANOS / Doube VANOS
    Daihatsu = DVVT
    Ford = VCT
    GM = VVt / DCVCP / Alloytec
    honda = i-VTEC
    hyundai = CVVT
    Mazda = S-VT
    Mitsubishi = MIVEC
    Nissan = N-VCT / VVL /
    Proton = Campo CPS
    Suzuki = VVT
    Subaru = AVCS / AVLS
    Toyota = VVT / VVTi / VVTLi

    seriously, do i look into every1 one of it?

    of course not, for me back to badminton, any badminton racket which suits my play and budget i buy it.

    maybe its only me...who will do this...

  11. Likes visor liked this post
  12. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rumour says yonex is working on kryptonite, yonex will give yr money back if u fail to beat Superman 10 times out if 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    hahaha ) well, i prefer high modulas carbon jack sparrow with pirate caribean graphite... if it does exist , s.fusion.. hehehe :P sounds funny with terms nowadays... i wonder what kind of racket tech will come out in 5 to 10 years from now... aluminium? magnesium? kalium? potasium?

  13. #12
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup2... true2.. it can also be applies with cars brilliant examples bro :P
    Quote Originally Posted by a|extan View Post
    what is mentioned is abit same if u apply from automobiles engines valve timing mechanism

    alfra romeo = twin cam / twin spark / jts / multiair
    BMW = valvetronic / VANOS / Doube VANOS
    Daihatsu = DVVT
    Ford = VCT
    GM = VVt / DCVCP / Alloytec
    honda = i-VTEC
    hyundai = CVVT
    Mazda = S-VT
    Mitsubishi = MIVEC
    Nissan = N-VCT / VVL /
    Proton = Campo CPS
    Suzuki = VVT
    Subaru = AVCS / AVLS
    Toyota = VVT / VVTi / VVTLi

    seriously, do i look into every1 one of it?

    of course not, for me back to badminton, any badminton racket which suits my play and budget i buy it.

    maybe its only me...who will do this...

  14. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a|extan View Post
    what is mentioned is abit same if u apply from automobiles engines valve timing mechanism

    alfra romeo = twin cam / twin spark / jts / multiair
    BMW = valvetronic / VANOS / Doube VANOS
    Daihatsu = DVVT
    Ford = VCT
    GM = VVt / DCVCP / Alloytec
    honda = i-VTEC
    hyundai = CVVT
    Mazda = S-VT
    Mitsubishi = MIVEC
    Nissan = N-VCT / VVL /
    Proton = Campo CPS
    Suzuki = VVT
    Subaru = AVCS / AVLS
    Toyota = VVT / VVTi / VVTLi

    seriously, do i look into every1 one of it?

    of course not, for me back to badminton, any badminton racket which suits my play and budget i buy it.

    maybe its only me...who will do this...
    Technically these things describe more than timing of the valves

    Lift profile, lift duration, or both. Intake, exhaust, or both. Infinitely adjustable or just one set parameter. Electric, hydraulic, or mechanical. Probably more stuff is involved that I don't know about. I started with rotary motors so no valves

    I think this is just a wee bit more complex than carbon tubes

  15. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    surabaya, indonesia
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can imagine 10-20 yrs from now we will have a 'transformer racket' that has at least 2-3 buttons on the handle so we can choose the settings, ie 'power' setting for smashing n clear and maybe 'control' setting for netting/dropshots. Another one will be 'defend', the racket shape will expand so we can receive smashes easier. HA..HA..HA....

  16. #15
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehehe... maybe in the future a racket will have a mode fo single and double games hehehe... light n head heavy frame.. stiff n flexible shaft... hahaha...
    Quote Originally Posted by sautom88 View Post
    I can imagine 10-20 yrs from now we will have a 'transformer racket' that has at least 2-3 buttons on the handle so we can choose the settings, ie 'power' setting for smashing n clear and maybe 'control' setting for netting/dropshots. Another one will be 'defend', the racket shape will expand so we can receive smashes easier. HA..HA..HA....

Similar Threads

  1. Carbonex 21sp?Good Racket? tech detailS?
    By mahinthan5 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 25
    : 08-28-2011, 10:49 PM
  2. Eagnas 6000 drop weight explanation
    By chrissib in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 0
    : 10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
  3. [WTS] Badminton Racket TANTRUM SHOT 757 & Impact N-TECH 100
    By zaizaii in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
  4. WTS Badminton Racket Impact N-TECH 100 & TANTRUM SHOT 757
    By zaizaii in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-03-2010, 01:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •