Getting string LOOSER on PURPOSE

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Accordaz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Hi there

Well I'm playing an Arcsaber 10. I was playing it with the NG98 string with 22lbs (way too hard) for 3 Months.
    Now I've let it strung with BG80. 22lbs again, because I thought that 22lbs with the BG80 wouldnt be that hard as the NG98 in the beginning. But it's still too hard for me:confused:

Now after swapping the string, I've completely lost my feeling and control. Every second drop fails. Net games are also failing too often.
    My opinion: I've waited way toooo long with changing the string. I've adapted (?) to the loose string before, and now I have some problems with the higher tension.

Is there a way to get the string looser? I know, it's a question of time. I've played one session only since the new string. But I'd like to have it looser anyways.

A hint for all beginner/intermediate players: the higher the tension the more accurate you have to be and the more effort you have to give in. No matter if its a drop or smash, the shuttles jump significantly less. So don't wait too long for a new string.

P.S. sorry for any mistakes in english:rolleyes:

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I've gone thru this before and this is how i did it. Wear 2 pairs of thick socks on your non racket foot. Sit down on a chair with your non racket foot crossed up and over your racket knee. Grab your racket and start whacking real hard the racket sweet spot directly onto your non racket foot heel. Whack it hard 30-50 times. If you have a tuner, you'll note a drop of 10-30Hz in frequency which is good for about a half a pound drop in tension. Depending on the string, some need more hits to drop by 1 lb.

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for this nice hint :)
    If I'd hack the racket to an edge of the bed, it will make it looser too, I think :p

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Just make sure it's a rounded slightly soft yet hard surface, like your heel for example. :)