User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 22
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Please Recommend a Doubles Racket

    I have been playing badminton for about one and a half years and I play around 6 hours a week. I would say I am an advanced beginner or a low intermediate player. I've never had any formal coaching. I only play doubles. I would say I am more of a defensive and control player. My strengths are that I have a good low serve, good drop and I love to block and deflect opponent's smashes. My weakness are that I have a weak smash, both in technique and power, which is why I usually prefer to play a drop instead. Although I am slowly improving my smash I still find that they either lack power or go way too high over the net.
    Currently I use and have always used from the beginning a Yonex Arcsaber 7, which I find is a great racket. However I want to get an upgrade. I would prefer flexible rackets as I don't have the arm power to handle stiff rackets. Also considering I am a defensive player I don't think I would like head heavy rackets.
    I am not limited to just Yonex rackets, but as I live in the UK these are definitely the most popular and accessible. Which rackets can you recommend for me, thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,247
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your Arc 7 is already the best fit for you. If you want to try a different brand, consider Victor MX70 or BS12. Both excellent rackets for your purpose, mod stiff and med stiff respectively.

  3. #3
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    the armortec 900 technique could be a nice change, tho it's head heavy, when you choke on the handle it's still light enough for you to maneuver the racket quick enough for doubles, that's what i would suggest. if you know someone who has different rackets the best way is to try it out and see if it feels right in your hand

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the suggestions, I did think about the Victor MX70 but it is difficult to get hold of in the UK. I have a MX80 although I've never played with it and intend to trade it for a Voltric 70, so my question is do you think the Voltric 70 would be suitable for doubles?

  5. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reunion
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Coming from an AS7, VT70 isn't indicated because of the head-heaviness of the racquet.
    I tend to think like visor that the AS7 is still the best fit for you.

    The AT900T as gundamzaku proposes is an intelligent option, except maybe its stiffness.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can second visor's recommendation for the BS12 as it fits yours specs perfectly. it is medium flexed, even balanced and very fast in defence with great touch. the price is quite reasonable as well through Central Sports in the UK.

    The MX70 is slightly stiffer and with more weight towards the head, saying that also a good racket.

    I have both as i like the same specs as you and both are great rackets )

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where did you get your MX70 from? it's difficult to find in the UK.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drop8shot View Post
    I have been playing badminton for about one and a half years and I play around 6 hours a week. I would say I am an advanced beginner or a low intermediate player. I've never had any formal coaching. I only play doubles. I would say I am more of a defensive and control player. My strengths are that I have a good low serve, good drop and I love to block and deflect opponent's smashes. My weakness are that I have a weak smash, both in technique and power, which is why I usually prefer to play a drop instead. Although I am slowly improving my smash I still find that they either lack power or go way too high over the net.
    Currently I use and have always used from the beginning a Yonex Arcsaber 7, which I find is a great racket. However I want to get an upgrade. I would prefer flexible rackets as I don't have the arm power to handle stiff rackets. Also considering I am a defensive player I don't think I would like head heavy rackets.
    I am not limited to just Yonex rackets, but as I live in the UK these are definitely the most popular and accessible. Which rackets can you recommend for me, thanks.
    Maybe you can try BS 09 or 11, it is medium stiffness and is fast and maneuverable =)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drop8shot View Post
    where did you get your MX70 from? it's difficult to find in the UK.
    Singapore - you cannot get them over here yet

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drop8shot View Post
    Also considering I am a defensive player I don't think I would like head heavy rackets.
    Since you mentioned this, I would highly recommend the Nanospeed 9000 Type S. Its head light, very good in defense and control. I've used it for a year now and I do not find it stiff nor is it difficult to produce powerful smashes with it. I've tried the Nanospeed 9900 and to me it is stiffer than the NS 9000 Type S.

    You can't go wrong with the Nanospeed 9000 Type S

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Your Arc 7 is already the best fit for you. If you want to try a different brand, consider Victor MX70 or BS12. Both excellent rackets for your purpose, mod stiff and med stiff respectively.
    u mean equivalent of Arc saber 7 for victor is MX70 & BS12?

  12. #12
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a|extan View Post
    u mean equivalent of Arc saber 7 for victor is MX70 & BS12?
    I switched from an arc 7 and now have the MX70 and BS12

  13. #13
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Playing with my arc100ltd which is virtually the same as an arc7 I guess the only diff I can feel is the weight distribution. But then again I was never too keen on the flexibility of the shaft of rackets

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    somehow i will recommend a Victor BS09. a little bit head heavy and flexible racket. the slight head heavy should improve your smash swing yet at the same time will not compromise on your defense. One of my favourite racket in my arsen

  15. #15
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    somehow i will recommend a Victor BS09. a little bit head heavy and flexible racket. the slight head heavy should improve your smash swing yet at the same time will not compromise on your defense. One of my favourite racket in my arsen

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for personal opinion... since i only use yonex racket.. nanospeed 9900 or nanoray 700RP will suite you for sure.

  17. #17
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would nanoray series be too light???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Recommend a doubles racket for advanced player! ($200 Budget~)
    By Soybean in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 12
    : 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
  2. Recommend a good racquet for Intermediate player for single & doubles both
    By vikasdhiman1 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 2
    : 06-03-2011, 10:42 PM
  3. Please help recommend a racket for intermediate doubles player (MD and XD)
    By badmoon in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 3
    : 03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
  4. Recommend me a doubles racket
    By drifterXL in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 10
    : 07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
  5. recommend doubles racket
    By Iori in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 11-06-2003, 02:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •