-= AEF Colola II Tabletop String machine =-

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by wuldup, Oct 12, 2011.

1. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    I just got my new machine from AEF, attached with WISE 2086. :)

AEF quality is not as good as YouStar machine from Taiwan but it's much better than Eagnus machines. One said that AEF is not manufacturer but part assembler. I purchased 7 machines directly from AEF with my club members so there are 7 exact machines in S.Korea for now. :) Just strung my Apacs Stern 300 with Zymax 62. The machine is awesome but clamp is not as good as Youstar clamp. Probably need to purchase the one Panda use, WA3342 Dual clamp from W & D strings.

PA090699.jpg PA090702.jpg P9300663.jpg P9300664.jpg P9300665.jpg P9300666.jpg P9300667.jpg P9300668.jpg P9300669.jpg P9300673.jpg P9300674.jpg

#1 wuldup, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    looks pretty good!

can you take a picture with a badminton racket mounted?

how much was it?

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I have spoken with Carol Huang - AEF Sales Director around a year ago whether AEF can manufacture specific add-on side support for badminton racket on their Coloca lines (I refer to badminton add-on side-support that Yonex ES5Pro/Protech has it), and in replied she said maybe in the future because this series (Coloca) is pretty good in sales in China market due to tennis is now also booming there.

And since they become Wise2086 partner in China, their market sales even much better and growing.

AEF is not assembler, they are manufacturer, and their quality is much better than Eagnas.
    I can say this coz I have AEF machines as well as Eagnas machine.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That's a wicked turntable - looks to be the same as Eagnas Comet 11 except one tower is fixed. Base clamps are interesting as well - Prince button-release mixed with the standard Eagnas arrangement.

5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

Just notice that based-clamp is also new model ....

6. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    I will take picture this weekend and post them. :)

7. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    base rail is also new. It's bent along the base shape. :) need find base like this in other brand.

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

to have it upgrade to this based-clamp, it is needed to add US$ 25 per machine

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Thank you so much to maa2003's report!

Actually, it would be great for AEF to manufacture badminton specific shoulder supports that are bolted directly to the metal swing arms instead of going over the existing tennis shoulder supports. Just a wish . . . :D

#9 Pete LSD, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  10. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

11. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    Today I strung my 4th racket with New Zymax 67.

The machine is excellent that it moves quick and stable. The side support-arms are holding rackets as it is and does not allow racket to extend outerward. I am not sure what kind of plastic AEF used for the racket tongs(I don't know exact name for it but I am sure you know what I meant). They are hard but there is bit of cushioning.

Fixed clamps. I tried tennis clamp and badminton clamps for badminton strings. Definitely badminton clamps are much better but one can use tennis clamp. It still could grip the 0.62mm zymax 62 up to 30lbs. It did not slide at all. Badmtion fixed clamps are great. They do not loose the string nor slip the string. Stays firm and strong. I probably need to purchase spring for the fixed clamps.

Because it's table-top machine weighing 32kg, once it is installed I do not wish to move it to another location.

Overall, I am very satisfied for the machine and AEF made such a great machine. As I stringing more rackets I am liking it more than any other machines I tried. As you can see in the picture, the side clamps are great. I am not sure how different from the ES-Pro but I am sure for the price you paying, you will be more than happy.

I got Yonex bag that could fit this huge string machine. I didn't intend to purchase such a huge bag but it's so huge. Does anyone know why Yonex makes such a hugh bag? Well, it was only $22.00 so I didn't check the size and bought it.

PA170794.jpg PA160750.jpg PA160753.jpg PA160754.jpg PA160762.jpg PA160763.jpg

Attached Files:

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

how much does the machine cost ?

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The machine look very sturdy. A set of badminton specific shoulder supports will help further in reducing distortion. From the last photo, one can see how the frame getting yanked outward. A very steep angled V shoulder support may support the framer better.

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Where did you get the load spreader?

15. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

mybadmintonstore.com has a color load-spreader ....

16. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    They came with the AEF Machine :). Actually it's set but I don't use bottom one

17. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    The price that I got was for more than 10pcs so it was cheaper than purchasing just one piece. But the tariff was very high that it was US$800. Plus I needed to pay inland shipping as well. So the price is vary depends where you get the machine. China is just beside S.Korea yet the shipping wasn't so cheap. Unless I bring them in a container quantity.

As Youstar sells lower model of their string machine at US$2300.00 in S.Korea. AEF is selling very good price. I believe Carol can assist you for the price.

18. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    Do you think AEF can sell and ship a Wise 2086 into the United States at a good price? I can buy it for $495 USD plus only $5.95 shipping to my house in Texas from Tennis Warehouse http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-WISETH.html I wonder if AEF could beat that deal for me?

19. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

no way man .... you should Wise2086 buy from tennishead.com or tennis-wraehouse.com if you at United States.
    AEF Wise2086 price is very expensive.

20. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

yup, it is as a standard package from AEF as least the badminton load-spreader.
    AEF gave me 1 pair of badminton load-spreader and 1 pair for tennis one.
    And it seems that mybadmintonstore.com also got the color load-spreader from AEF

AEF gave my friend for 1 set of this machine + wise2086 + manual crank = US$ 1400 ex-work.
    Buy 5 sets will get 15% discount (US$ 1190), and of course if buy more would be much cheaper, no doubt on it.

And AEF quality is much better compare to Eagnas or Pro's Pro.