Oslo Norway, Oct 27-29, 2011, any badminton friend?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by luxinh, Oct 16, 2011.

1. luxinh

luxinh Regular Member

I am an intermediate to advanced amateur player who will be in Oslo Norway from Oct 27-29, 2011. Wonder who would like to play a game together in Oslo?

2. hical83

hical83 New Member

Engineer
    Play badminton in Oslo

Hi Luxinh. I'm a Malaysian who had just arrived in Oslo 3 weeks ago. I guess I'm also an intermediate amateur. I'd really love to play badminton in Oslo but I have no idea where & with whom to play. If u've found a club, I appreciate if u could share some info. Thanks.

3. forestbrooke

forestbrooke New Member

Clubs / courts in south-east Oslo

Hei,

I am an intermediate amateur (thanks for the useful term). I will move from south of norway (been playing in a small town club down south for the past 2.5 years) to oslo (south east).

Anyone know of any badminton courts/clubs in or around the following places?
    1) Skullerud
    2) Bøler
    3) Ulsrud
    4) Bogerud.

I know that there is a huge clib in Moss, but that is a bit too far away for me.

Also, would like to hear from anyone in here who plays in Oslo. Just to keep in touch and exchange tips.

4. hical83

hical83 New Member

Engineer
  5. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

Hi guys! :), Hi Hical!

Good to see you on badmintoncentral too :). Just wanted to post an updated information about our club, same club Hical mensioned. So that if someone looking for badminton club in Oslo finds this thread, he will see the right link to us.

Our club now called "Vestre Aker Badminton club". Our new website link is www.vabadminton.org . We play in Voksenhallen mostly.

Lots of people from all over the world coming to us and it's fun :). If you are in Oslo, welcome!

6. tellissaar

tellissaar New Member

enteprenour
    hei

i used to play badminton in youth level back home in Tallinn, Estonia but havent played for years and kinda thinking of starting to play again. I live currently in Oslo, Norway so if anyone is interested in starting to play with me i would love it. My skills are kinda rough right now but they will get back on place when i get my raquet on my hand again.

if anyone is interested, just e-mail me: tiina.tellissaar@gmail.com

7. breaker77

breaker77 Regular Member

xxx
    Hi,
    I know this post is old and I've checked the link to your site and it's confusing me. Anyways, my question is what days/nights do you run your club (not training)?

Thanks

8. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

Hi!

Thank you for the interest :).
    Best to check our calendar at http://vabadminton.org/ . You will see that sometime it say "Free Play" - that's when you can come by to play. This year it's - Tuesday 17.30-19.00, Wednesday 20.00-22.00, Friday 20.00-22.00.

Sometimes we have the hall on Sundays 12.00 - 15.00, it will be marked in the calendar also.

Hope to see you!

#8 stradrider, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016