I just need a stringing machine...

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by LD rules!, Oct 17, 2011.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So I decided that I want a machine:)

Reasons are as follows:

-I object to paying ridiculous (in comparison to SG) prices for stringing.
    -Nowadays I only feel comfortable at a high tension, this means that my string breaks fairly regularly:(
    -I want to make a bit of money, but just to pay back the price of the machine over a long time. Maybe a few rackets a week, just to get some money.:)
    -My stringer decided that 30lbs string jobs is not going to be accepted ;) so I need something to do this on.
    -(the most random reason) I decided I wanted to test racket durability, so I am buying some cheap(ish) rackets stringing them with BG65@30lbs, and seeing how long they last :p

So who can help me by recommending a machine ?

I don't need anything massive and I have a limited budget (so no recommending ES5PRO :p)

All machines will be considered, just please bear in mind I am working with a tight budget here:) something cheap reliable and most importantly accurate.:)

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

budget ? location ? preferable brand ? model ?

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I'm in the UK atm, the budget isnt fixed but under £250:) I don't mind about brand or model, I just want a machine that is reliable, and accurate.:)

4. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

5. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Yes, for under 250, get a Pro's Pro Challenger 2 drop weight machine. And get yourself a few other bits and bobs of accessories (still within your 250 budget). Its quite a handful using the Challenger 2 at first but you will get used to it at some point.

6. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    So what did you end up getting?

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

^^ Nothing - As of yet:)

I am considering getting the Pro's Pro's Shuttle Express:) it seems reasonable and well priced.:) also looked at a Klippermate M140:) as long as they can do 28lbs stringing jobs then that's fine for me:) Klippermate is a lot cheaper though...