Saddening not that this child was hit-and-run, but that she was ignored. :(

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by visor, Oct 17, 2011.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/17/world/asia/china-toddler-hit-and-run/?hpt=wo_c2 ............... Excerpt: Beijing (CNN) -- Gruesome footage of a toddler falling victim to two successive hit-and-run accidents and then being ignored by many passers-by at the scene last week in southern China continued to galvanize the nation Monday, prompting a fierce debate on the state of morality in Chinese society. .......A security camera captured the horrific incident last Thursday outside a hardware market in Foshan, Guangdong Province. Two-year-old Wang Yue was seen toddling in the middle of a narrow street and looking around, oblivious to a fast-approaching white van.The disturbing video shows the van knocking the girl over. The driver briefly stops with the girl underneath the van, before continuing on, its rear tires slowly rolling over her small body. The girl is left barely moving in her own blood as several pedestrians and cyclists pass by. .......Minutes later, another small truck drives over Wang without slowing down, the video shows. More passers-by walked, cycled or drove around her motionless body without stopping -- until a woman carrying a sack appeared 10 minutes after the initial collision. Dropping her sack, she quickly moved the girl to safety and went to look for help.Wang remained in critical condition Monday afternoon in a military hospital in the nearby city of Guangzhou, her father told CNN. ......

2. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Yup, this is very very Sad.

Sometimes I wonder where are those passerby's conscience, they just walk by a dying little girl & done nothing...not even call for help

If this is what that kind of society taught us - to mine your own business & ignore other people's misfortune, then I will be more than willing to ditch that kind of society altogether.

This is the among those most ridiculous & mind boggling news I have seen so far in my life.

#2 ERTHK, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yeah, saw the footage on TV news tonight. I dunno which is more shocking, the van driver driving over her a 2nd time, the lorry not noticing her or the passerbys who dont seem to notice her. Like they dont see her there

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow, I am shocked
    it is a sad new to see human hits the new bottom

my uncle got into a motorcycle accident few years ago
    luckily unlike in this one, people came and helped him, called my niece (using my uncle's mobile phone), and did the first aid

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, i watch this news on TV yesterday night. The people are cruel! 18 people have passed by, but nobody was going to lend the little girl a hand. Were they blind? Or they think that China has very high population, it's doesn't matter to give up one or two?

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the lorry driver said
    if she was died,he paid less(less than 100,000)
    if she didnt die,he need to pay few hundred thousand

for those who passby
    there have been many case where those who help get sued and end up in jail

hmm

7. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Yes, there are cases in China where good samaritans ended up being wrongly accused for doing the right thing.

Sometimes we don't always get repaid for doing a good deed, in some cases we might even need to sacrifice in order to become a good person.

But that doesn't stop us from doing the right thing.

Is potentially being sued or being wrongly accused far outweight the basic human conscience to save a person's life? No, I don't think so & I don't think any of those "excuses" matters when it comes to a matter of life & death.

At the end of the day, none of those passerbys will be sued or wrongly accused for helping the little girl because there's a CCTV recording the whole situation.

The only person who helped the little girl is an old lady scavenger, who are among the poorest in the society & probably has nothing to lose, she follows her own conscience which many of those people have already lost.

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I remember in USA also same
    a girl sued her friend because her friend cannot give help in "proper" manner

http://autos.aol.com/article/car-crash-witness/

more:
    http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6498405&page=1

9. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
  10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    how sad,
    RIP :(