Yonex Voltric 7 (VT7) Badminton Racket vs Yonex Armortec 70 MG Mega Frame (AT70MG)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Wai Lam, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Wai Lam

Wai Lam New Member

Hi guys!!

which racquet would you choose for an intermediate player like me? I play ALOT in my opinion. About 6-7 hours each week, depending on my schedule, so I am a serious player when it comes to badminton. I would consider myself a pretty aggressive player. I like to smash quite a bit. I care quite a bit about durability and performance. Would you recommend the BG-65 strings? along with it? or upgrade them? I would like to spend around $100-150 dollars on racquets if you personally would like to recommend some!! Thanks!!!

2. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    You suggest two medium flex head heavy rackets. Is that your preference? If so, I think you could also look at Voltric 5. Other than that I think your choices are good. If budget alows try ArcSaber 5 dx as well.

BG65 is a classic and a good choice as well. Only downside is that it looses tension pretty fast. Other strings you should considder are: BG70pro, NBG95, BG65ti, BG75ti. If you hit sweetspot consistently BG80 would be nicer, but it doesn't last as long as the ones i menioned. None will last longer than BG65.

3. Wai Lam

Wai Lam New Member

Yes, I prefer medium flex head heavy racquets. I will definitely take Voltric 5 and the ArcSaber 5dx (kinda costly) into consideration, but I think I'm set on buying Voltric 7. I really appreciated your comment!! Thanks!

4. khoolitz

khoolitz New Member

Yonex makes great quality rackets so durability is not that of an issue. What racket you have been using? Headlight or headheavy? If you have been using yonex armortec line, voltric 7 would be too head light though it the description is head heavy. I have been using my armortec 250 and when i bought the voltric 7, it is not as heavy as i wanted it to be. The feel and the "meat" of the smashes were not there with the voltric 7. And it seems the sweet spot became smaller with it and sounds different too coz of the sound filter. But the voltric 7 though is great with defence coz of its weight. Other than that, i still prefer the armortec series.