Offense type string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by yosi11, Oct 18, 2011.

1. yosi11

yosi11 Regular Member

Student
    currently i'm using BG 66 Ultimax and I'm an offense type player is BG 66 Ultimax a good string for me?

2. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    how do you feel about the BG66 Ultimax.if you like it why change it.. unless its not durable enough.. from my experience i believe alot of Indonesian able to executed strong smash :D.. string are personal taste..maybe best for other but not your liking...for yonex you may try BG85,BG80: victor: VS850, ashaway zymax67 all these string having 0.67 to 0.68mm... or my be you should try string with larger diameter 0.70mm also .:D
    just my 2 cent :D

3. yosi11

yosi11 Regular Member

Student
    I'm chinese :p

4. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    but u still indonisian right :D...

5. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    .. personally, i don't think string type got big connection with your offensive playing method.. isn't more into your string tension, racket and the way you swing and play ? for me, i think string which provide more repulsion give you more on control. for me i like BG66 Ultimax, it gives me the feel that i like, i don't mind change it very 1 or 2 month to get it fresh ^_^

6. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I would recommend the harder [BG80 at your regular tension] or stiffer feeling [BG65 at 2lbs higher than your usual tension] strings as an "offensive" based string setup.

The various versions of BG66, which are mostly thin (with the exception of BG66 Sharp) are more "control-defensive" based due to their slightly softer feel and repulsion.

Your mileage may vary, of course. But if you refer to the string setup of professional players, you should see the trend that I'm describing. As an example, Taufik Hidayat's (mostly BG66, now 66UM) style is actually more control rather than more offensive such as Lin Dan's (previously BG65, now NS95) or Markis Kido (previously BG65, also).

7. yosi11

yosi11 Regular Member

Student
    Currently I'm using BG 66 Ultimax with tension= 28

8. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

As I understand it, it doesn't matter what string u have. If u think having a particular string will give you an edge over others then u r in lala land.

9. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

While that is true and it gives you a mental edge (by feeling comfortable and confident with your own preferred string), physics law still states that a thicker string is able to transfer more smashing power generated from your body and arms through it's denser stringbed into the shuttle for more shuttle momentum (i.e. the shuttle retains its initial speed longer as it travels through the air). This is especially true for offensive players who want their smashes to be lethal from as far as possible.

But of course the smasher will have to have good technique in generating the power since the thicker strings lack the repulsion of thinner strings (the latter which is only good for short distances of shuttle travel).

10. yosi11

yosi11 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the info :)