fake ti-10

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by n00b, Jun 8, 2003.

1. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    just bought a ti-10 and compared it with the picture on the review page. the red in the head is really bright in the picture but my racquet is more really dark red and the silver in my racquet looks like a white on the picture. please let me know if the picture just looks weird or my racquet is fake

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Do you have a digital camera?
    If you do, you can just post the picture up and people here will tell you our ideas

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Where did u get this racket from? If u purchased from a reputable dealer, then, I don't see too much a problem. If purchased via ebay or something, with unbelievable cheap price, good luck.

2. Is that possible u get another Ti-10 from somewhere to confirm? I mean, with various light effect, the pics might not be very "accurate" about the color. If u can get another Ti-10, that will be a much easier case.

3. Or, u can bring it to a dealer, and let the experts answer ur question. I am sure they should be able to tell ur the result right there.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    The best thing you can do is to bring the racquet to Yonex-USA (since you live in CA).........it shouldn't be too far, right?

5. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    i bought the racquet from someone who had the racquet for sale on the marketplace.

Attached Files:

6. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    this is another picture

Attached Files:

7. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    this is the one on the site

Attached Files:

8. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

IMO, i don't think there is anything wrong with ur ti 10..i believe it's genuwine.

When looking at your picture of your ti 10..the image look hazy, darker (the dark background of green and beige "flowers" make the surrounding darker mixed with the dark ti 10), and shiny (looking at the cone, it looks glistening from perhaps a flash? this shine/"flash" may make the silver on ur racket more "silvery")

..umm, but when looking at the OTHER pic of the ti 10, that one looks a lot more clearer (white background to the black racket), no glistening on the cone (which makes us believe there probably was no flash)..and is brighter (due to the white/greyish background).

Those things that i pointed out make the images differ from one another therefore perhaps making the racket appear differently in color.

Correct me if i'm wrong though, I was just basing the color due to the image quality...but from the close up on the head, all the things i looked for looked genuwine to me.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    at a glance, it does look real IMO

10. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Looks real enough to me. Check the serial numbers and stuff; they give you better indication of whether it's genuine or fake.

Concerns me some, this thread, for I 'aspire' to own a Ti10 soon... :D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why are we even wasting bandwidth on this? what's with this ultra-paranoia with fake rackets? i see nothing in the color that is wrong with the Ti-10 in question at all. if you shine a bright light on the racket, it will look different than when it is in a darkroom.

12. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Mmmm, since the picture was taken by a digicam, red seems to get affected alot. When people I knew took pictures of red neons, it looked pink etc.

I would check more specifically but everything looks FINE. Your logos look perfect.

So I think it's real.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i agree kwun. There are enough tips in BF to help potential buyers how to spot fakes. If someone dares to buy racquets from unknown source, nothing we can do we can do afterward anyway.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This racket looks "real" enough to me.

The pic on the site could be taken with very bright flash light, etc. It's always good to show ur product with "shinny" effect.

For ur pic, if u have some bright back ground, or somehow, put additional light source next to ur racket, u will see they are fairly close.

15. modious

modious Regular Member

I agree. No two pictures are the same..... determines on the illumination level, background etc.

If you've read previous threads, you should post images of the racket shaft inscriptions, butt cap of the racket, etc.

16. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    If it makes you feel better, BOTH my new Ti-10s look just like yours, seemingly duller than thhe picture here at BC/BF and have been verified to be genuine by my stringer.

17. ntpm

ntpm Regular Member

Database Administrator
    looks like mine

18. atj_w

atj_w Regular Member

My first Ti-10sp was also dark red like n00b's and I thought it was the different lighting conditions which made the Ti-10 picture on the review site look brighter.

But I have since bought a second hand Ti-10hk which has bright reds and looks a bit like the pic on this review site, meaning to say that by putting the two rackets side by side there is a VISIBLE difference in the paint job.

However I believe the two rackets are genuine. Perhaps the pic put up on the review site was also a 'HK' region Ti-10 which uses a different batch of paint?

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Quite possible.

If u can, please check the serial #s (the ones on the cone) and u will know the manufacture date of both rackets. If there's a large gap in between, I won't be very surprised about the result.

20. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    the picture in the review section is taken by yonex...which is digitaly fixed to look really clean and nice......I'm 100% your ti-10 in real because i have owned 4 of them and they look exactly like yours...as most fake ti-10 at the top are smooths like normal racket but a realy one is kinda rough/not really rubbery but soft sand papeer feel...and i have seen 3 faske all different they all are NOT silm frame...and are not LONG.....and ti-10 comes wiht the new yonex grip and fake come wiht cheap plasticy grip