User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 40
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydown View Post
    You should be an experienced forumer with your number of posts. I hope you can remain objective and refrain from saying "he traded a cracked racket for ur MX80" when you were not present on trade-day.

    I can assume you are probably friends with him but that doesnt matter.
    My sincere apologies with my mis used of words n not objective enough for my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydown View Post
    We play on hard surfaces here (parquet or wood laminate in sports halls and/or tiles in community clubs), so it is inevitable that there will be chips while going for shots.
    i assume u clashed with the floor ?

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is really nothing much you can do in my opinion.

    It's every buyer's responsibility to check through the goods during meet up. There is always a certain level of risk attached to every transaction (Even if you're buying a brand new one). You get compensated for a higher risk with a lower price. During the meet-up, you check through the racket physically and ultimately you agree to the trade yourself.

    You could have spend more time straight after the deal further inspecting the racket to make sure that it's up to your expectations before bringing it on court or to your stringer. I guess the situation might still be salvage if at that point of time you're uncomfortable and would like to get a refund or some sort of compensation. 2 months later, when your stringer asked for your permission to go ahead with the stringing having warn you that it might crack, you're again taking the risk by giving the green light. Again, the situation might still be salvage if you choose not to go ahead with the restring and speak to the seller to see what could be done. (Even though 2 months has passed)

    I know neither the seller nor the buyer. But I believe for your case, you have missed both your chance to seek any form of compensation from the seller. That is just my opinion, hope it helps =)

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry to hear that bro.. personally for me, this is depend on your luck of trading racket, also depends on that racket owner, is he a good attitude player ? there is still a risk trading racket even it is look like new..

    For me, i just trade out my arcsaber 10 2UG5 SP coded for an arcsaber 10 2UG4 PG with TH coded... and my racket is just 2 months old but that Arc10 PG i think is more than 2 years...then the second day i take that traded racket go restring.. the stringer told me that guy more worth get my arc 10 with SP coded... so i told the stringer.. what to do ? i sell it for RM 500, no people want.. trade in to racket shop, they only accept RM 400 for it...which i bought it at RM 650. what is the different if i sell it at RM 500 or trade in to racket shop for RM 400 with some add on i get a new arc 10 with 3U with i traded my arc10 2U SP coded with a arc10 3U with TH coded ? atleast i don't need to pay extra to get a racket i want.. but lucky, when i restring the arc 10 PG version to 26lbs. it was ok.. but i still worry about it might be crack itself when playing... (=.=' first time traded a racket).

    If i were you in your case.. take it easy. i will tell the trader.. is lucky that you cheat me on the racket only cost me this value, and i am very happy that this value can show your real attitude of being a trader. am i right ? and of course i will let others people know the attitude of this lousy trader so that same case won't happen again...

    sorry for my poor english

    Cheers ^_^

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    My sincere apologies with my mis used of words n not objective enough for my post.



    i assume u clashed with the floor ?

    Apology accepted. I just hope that others are not led into believing that racket had a crack when it was traded. It did not.

    If you are asking if i hit the racket on the ground purposely in anger or something, then Ill say no. If you are asking if my racket ever touched the ground during play, then ill say yes because thats inevitable in the nature of the sport (while retrieving the low shuttles).

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanwong76 View Post
    Sorry to hear that bro.. personally for me, this is depend on your luck of trading racket, also depends on that racket owner, is he a good attitude player ? there is still a risk trading racket even it is look like new..

    For me, i just trade out my arcsaber 10 2UG5 SP coded for an arcsaber 10 2UG4 PG with TH coded... and my racket is just 2 months old but that Arc10 PG i think is more than 2 years...then the second day i take that traded racket go restring.. the stringer told me that guy more worth get my arc 10 with SP coded... so i told the stringer.. what to do ? i sell it for RM 500, no people want.. trade in to racket shop, they only accept RM 400 for it...which i bought it at RM 650. what is the different if i sell it at RM 500 or trade in to racket shop for RM 400 with some add on i get a new arc 10 with 3U with i traded my arc10 2U SP coded with a arc10 3U with TH coded ? atleast i don't need to pay extra to get a racket i want.. but lucky, when i restring the arc 10 PG version to 26lbs. it was ok.. but i still worry about it might be crack itself when playing... (=.=' first time traded a racket).

    If i were you in your case.. take it easy. i will tell the trader.. is lucky that you cheat me on the racket only cost me this value, and i am very happy that this value can show your real attitude of being a trader. am i right ? and of course i will let others people know the attitude of this lousy trader so that same case won't happen again...

    sorry for my poor english

    Cheers ^_^

    I can see what you are trying to say in general and it is your entitlement to say it in the forum, but it is also my opinion, and no offense intended, that words "cheat" and "lousy trader" are not accurate in this context when you were not present on trade-day.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess different people does have different definition in TOUCH, HIT, and CLASH.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on the 1st post by bro fsga1891, it is not fair IF the acr 10 owner is not telling the truth during the trade day.
    We all want to be fair in this forum as we only rely on the word "trust" for trading.
    So bro fsga1891 should get some compensation at least.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPig View Post
    Based on the 1st post by bro fsga1891, it is not fair IF the acr 10 owner is not telling the truth during the trade day.
    We all want to be fair in this forum as we only rely on the word "trust" for trading.
    So bro fsga1891 should get some compensation at least.
    {Thanks for your long post. However, in the many details, you conveniently failed to mention that i did offer you some money as goodwill although im not obligated to. You then continued to accuse me for trading you a 'cracked' racket. So let me ask you this, was the crack there when you inspected the racket thoroughly? If yes, then why did you even agree to the trade?? If no, then how do you expect me to take it back with a crack (same analogy as will the same car dealer take back the 2nd-hand car you bought if you complained car has problems after 2 months?)??

    I told you i wont run away, and Im not. Neither have i "pretended nothing" as you mentioned. Please appreciate the integrity and do not continue to accuse me. I will continue to maintain my stand that the racket had never clashed with other rackets before. We play on hard surfaces here (parquet or wood laminate in sports halls and/or tiles in community clubs), so it is inevitable that there will be chips while going for shots. Does anyone here have a perfect racket after using it for a couple years?

    Tell you what, Im willing to hear what forumers here will do in such a situation, though I will proceed only if it sounds reasonable and fair to me. Do note that the mx80 has been traded away as well

    In the meantime, I hope you stop sending me multiple smses and do not threathen me anymore with "I will send the racket down personally to your regular game court. Thats totally uncalled for...}



    Thanks for your input. Do read my post again if you have not done so. I have told the truth and have also offered some goodwill money, but he has not replied my question "Was the crack there when you inspected the racket thoroughly?".
    Last edited by bogeydown; 10-24-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: forgot to add {} and space

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reply your question "Was the crack there when you inspected the racket thoroughly?". "

    There is no crack at the point of checking, but i did question you how and what cause those paint chip, but u did not tell the truth how you get those paint chips, you said 100% not clash ... as i mentioned early, if u would tell me those paint chips come from "touched the ground during play, then ill say yes because thats inevitable in the nature of the sport (while retrieving the low shuttles). " then i will not trade my racket. That must be very hard of touching it ... otherwise how can the paint chip like that?

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Zahiduli ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zahiduli View Post
    Previous owner may not know that racket has some serious problem. Once you pointed out the problem he/she should of reconsider the deal, even though it has been little late. It's really inequitable if previous owner does not reassess at least for some compensation.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    " There is no crack at the point of checking, but i did question you how and what cause those paint chip, but u did not tell the truth how you get those paint chips, you said 100% not clash ... as i mentioned early, if u would tell me those paint chips come from "touched the ground during play, then ill say yes because thats inevitable in the nature of the sport (while retrieving the low shuttles). " then i will not trade my racket. That must be very hard of touching it ... otherwise how can the paint chip like that? "


    Thanks for the verification. At least everyone is clear that there was NO crack at the time of trade.

    Regarding the paint chips, you inspected the racket yourself and you saw the chips. How was I to verify where I got those chips? Were you expecting me to tell you how i got this chip or how i got that chip? Again, i stress that the racket did not clash with other rackets before. The chips were from normal play over the years. You mentioned that from the serial number, you could even tell when the racket was manufactured, which means you are somewhat experienced in this field.

    Now you try to turn it around and accuse me of trading you a 'cracked' racket. That is what im uncomfortable and most definitely displeased about. Are you then also going to say that you were forced into the trade with me on that day?

    All things said and done, what is it you really want from me? There is now a crack on the AS10 (after 2 months of your usage) and the MX80 is no longer with me. Im neither here to cheat anyone nor have any intention to. I just want to continue playing badminton for the love of the game. Feel free to let everyone here know what you want, and I will decide if its reasonable enough. Again, Im not running away and I do have sympathy for what you are going through, but I do hope not to receive any more threathening messages....
    Last edited by bogeydown; 10-24-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: left out quote

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bro, i do not intend to exchange my racket back and i never threathening you, this is singapore, threathening may go jail! Just want to be fair for me, after 28/8/11 tesing your arc10 with tention 23/24 i am sure i cannot play with that tention (too soft) decided to restring and just keep in my bag, but after that i injured my knee and ankle for the past one month++, if i not injured i am very sure will discover the problem early, if you want me to proof injury i can show you, i posted in my facebook since day 1 injury. I believe some forumers know i am injured my knee for long time...during sept...oct totally out with sprain ankle... some forumers already sound out i should get some compensation at least, i not expecting u to return any mx80 or arc 10, truly come from your heart ... any compensation amount i will accept it ... just make me feel better. I am not blame you for anything, but i explain so clearly to you, i am not trying to cheat you, in the first place both of us dont know there is internal crack, if u do restring u will find out too, but the restring is done at myside after i really want to enjoy the racket but it dissapointed me, if you telling me by touching the tiles ground getting those chips i will not trade my racket also... the trade is all by "TRUST". Sorry for poor english... may cause misunderstanding... so sorry...

  13. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,236
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsga1891 View Post
    Thanks Zahiduli ...
    fsga1891 - the term you seek is caveat emptor. Look up the term on google.

    You had your chance to inspect the goods and you traded "as is".

    I think it's very unfair of you to try to get money back after 2 months later. How can we trust you that nothing else happened in those two months?

    Your inspection of the racquet when you bought showed chips. There is a risk of damage. You inspected the racquet. You took the chance when trading it.

    Once I looked at 2nd hand cars. Test drove one car, it looks good, but some slight squeaky noise from the boot when going over a bump (very soft). Inspect the back and there's covering stuck down in the boot so I cannot see underneath. Everything else looks fine to me. I ask the 2nd hand dealer why like that - he says "Oh, it's just like that."....what do you think? Should I buy?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you trade a good working MX80 for a severely chipped YY, I somewhat think you should have seen this coming.. Why on earth did you do THAT trade to begin with? And without very careful examining or immidieate restringing, I think you cannot really expect him take it back after so long time.

  15. #32
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,236
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertix View Post
    There is really nothing much you can do in my opinion.

    It's every buyer's responsibility to check through the goods during meet up. There is always a certain level of risk attached to every transaction (Even if you're buying a brand new one). You get compensated for a higher risk with a lower price. During the meet-up, you check through the racket physically and ultimately you agree to the trade yourself.

    You could have spend more time straight after the deal further inspecting the racket to make sure that it's up to your expectations before bringing it on court or to your stringer. I guess the situation might still be salvage if at that point of time you're uncomfortable and would like to get a refund or some sort of compensation. 2 months later, when your stringer asked for your permission to go ahead with the stringing having warn you that it might crack, you're again taking the risk by giving the green light. Again, the situation might still be salvage if you choose not to go ahead with the restring and speak to the seller to see what could be done. (Even though 2 months has passed)

    I know neither the seller nor the buyer. But I believe for your case, you have missed both your chance to seek any form of compensation from the seller. That is just my opinion, hope it helps =)
    This is assuming a crack was pre-existing. What if a crack happened in those two months due to incorrect staorage, being left out in the sun, somebody else borrowed it, my mum sat on it etc and that wasn't known to the OP?

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    fsga1891 - the term you seek is caveat emptor. Look up the term on google.

    You had your chance to inspect the goods and you traded "as is".

    I think it's very unfair of you to try to get money back after 2 months later. How can we trust you that nothing else happened in those two months?

    Your inspection of the racquet when you bought showed chips. There is a risk of damage. You inspected the racquet. You took the chance when trading it.

    Once I looked at 2nd hand cars. Test drove one car, it looks good, but some slight squeaky noise from the boot when going over a bump (very soft). Inspect the back and there's covering stuck down in the boot so I cannot see underneath. Everything else looks fine to me. I ask the 2nd hand dealer why like that - he says "Oh, it's just like that."....what do you think? Should I buy?

    Car can be insured and even can repair or change if some of the part is damage or not working. But the racket cannot be repair once is crack, if can pls recommend. How can a car compare to a racket ??? If trader said 100% no clash which mean that chips which can accept if is REALLY 100% no clash...(Mr Cheung u wasnt there on that night, i asked him many many times about the chips) now he admited "touched the ground during play, then i ll say yes because thats inevitable in the nature of the sport (while retrieving the low shuttles) WHICH HE NEVER TELL ME ON THAT TRADING DAY. Why cant he tell me on that day? I BELIEVE NONE ANY BC MEMBERS WILL TRADE IF HE TELL HOW HE GET THOSE CHIPS EARLIER!

    How he play with racket he know it, maybe his game partners and GOD know it.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    If you trade a good working MX80 for a severely chipped YY, I somewhat think you should have seen this coming.. Why on earth did you do THAT trade to begin with? And without very careful examining or immidieate restringing, I think you cannot really expect him take it back after so long time.
    That is what we call TRUST as he mention 100% no clash in the earlier. I was injured after the deal for 1 month plus that why delay the restringing. I not expect him to take back the racket, just want him to know why he said 100% no clash, but the racket cant stand for 1st restring after i have the racket, and the crack is so obvious right in between the chips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor 40th Aniversary Brave Sword Limited Edition (MY-Johor Bahru)
    By jiahuai923 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM
  2. WTB: Yonex Arc 10(Malaysia)
    By kokhong1987 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 02-23-2012, 04:35 AM
  3. WTS: Victor Superwaves 32 (UK)
    By pascal-li in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
  4. 2008 Swiss Open MS F: LD vs LCW (Chinese Commentary)
    By adamlve in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 31
    : 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
  5. 2006 IO final&semifinal VCD(DVD) download
    By mikemike in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 10
    : 06-08-2006, 02:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •