Hope to hear some comment for all bc members ...(SG)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by fsga1891, Oct 23, 2011.

1. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

Bros, What would u do if u traded a crack racket but only discover when do restring? I traded my mint mx80 on 23/8/11 for arc 10 with paint chips and string tension only 23-24(i am asking the trader is the paint chips due to clash, he said 100% not clash, after some chit chat i start to trust his word).. i only try the racket once on the 28/8/11 to get the feel but not use to tension (too soft, i use to play 26/27), then i leave the racket in my bag waiting for restring. For the whole Sept i having knee injury and only play few games with my arc 8dx and sp21, in Oct totally out struggle with my sprain ankle...(many players know that and i even post my injured ankle photo onto Facebook) Until yesterday 22/10/11 i decided to play on next week and brought the racket to jb for restring. The stringer cut off the old string and start exam and check the condition of the racket (all stringer will check any high end racket first b4 they do stringing) the stringer found the paint pop up between the paint chips near gormet of the top right inside the frame and suspect there is either crack inside or paint chip which we can't even see but only can feel paint pop up when touching it. Stringer ask my permissions to restring it or not? if any problem he will not bear the responsibility. So i give permission and stay to watch the process ... the moment he pull the tension at the suspected area the racket immediately paint chip and saw the crack inside and he confirm the racket is already crack inside and can't string anymore. I come back to spore and immediate sms (arc owner) the incident happened and he tell me that is not fair for him after 2 months then i claimed the racket cracked. But i keep asking him last nite why and how he get those paint chip, at last he admited in sms "U know the courts at sports complex are parquet n community clubc are tiles, so hard to avoid touching when going for shots. That‘s how I got the chips." Which mean he hit on something hard and cause those serious paint chip may cause internal crack too.. On the trading day (23/8/11) i asked him and he refuse to tell what cause the paint chips, if he tell the truth i will not trade my racket for sure. Now arc owner seen like not his problem...this is really not fair to me or maybe other bc members as well if happen like this. If all the bc members not telling truth on the racket conditions while trading then how to deal in this forum in future? Photo taken after restring at the portion show the result. Sorry for my poor english...

Attached Files:

2. yiong

yiong New Member

Student
    Haiz....it is seriously unlucky to deal with such ex-owner...:(,speechless

3. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Guess you'll have to be careful when you trade for such a damaged racket in the future.

No way a racket can have so many paint chips (deep ones at that) and not have any internal damage. The word of the guy wanting to off-load you the racket can only be as true as what it takes to make the trade.

4. dnoah

dnoah Regular Member

Sales
    that crack didnt appear when u trade with the ex owner? or u didnt inspect it properly while trading? my arc 9 got the similar crack as ur arc10, it happened due to 2nd snap @ 27x29.5 with 66ultimax ><

5. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

yup not appear. When send to stringing, the stringer not to sure the paint pop up and can feel it by finger touch it, cant see thru inside the paint, did not find any crack from the surface but only those bad paint chips...

6. zahiduli

zahiduli Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Previous owner may not know that racket has some serious problem. Once you pointed out the problem he/she should of reconsider the deal, even though it has been little late. It's really inequitable if previous owner does not reassess at least for some compensation.

7. Neji87

Neji87 Regular Member

Student
    Trade f2f or postage? That is why meet up is important for this such matter.

8. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

meet up... bro... read my 1st post ... he claimed 100% no clash ... at last yesterday he sms said on the 1st post also... now he pretend nothing! I hope he is reading all this !!!

9. cylife

cylife Regular Member

Lease Management
    I had the same experience with my z slash. Discovered the head was a bit warp Ed after play. Then when I restrung it, the stringer discovered a crack. SMS previous owner, he said he was studying in Australia now, what do I expect him to do.

10. cylife

cylife Regular Member

Lease Management
    Maybe u should share who this person is, so all would know.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This shows that the buyer bears the responsibility of checking the goods. There is no guarantee on 2nd hand goods.

It's a hard lesson to learn but this applies to all deals.

With the paint chips already pre-existing, one would already suspect potential internal damage and the buyer can negotiate for a cheaper price. If he didn't bargin for a cheaper price, then that's his (the buyer's problem).

It's tough, learn from it, move to the next deal wiser in knowledge. Going back and thinking the other guy conned you, well you can hassle him all you want but I think you'll be wasting your time. Be smarter next time otherwise it will be a recurring issue when you buy 2nd hand goods.

12. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

I hope he know why am i did not expose him here ... waiting for his reply ...

13. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Arc 10 is one of the best rackets that YY have that can withstand high tension. my friend have been stringing 27 to 28 lbs for 1 year plus n no problems at all. with this kinda chips , like Bro Desouled has mentioned , he is just using the value of the racket to trade ur MX80 , stringing 23-24lbs for Arc 10 , the racket frame's shape will not change much , only stringing 25lbs n above then will be able to see if quality of the frame. thats y even if there is a crack in Arc 10 @ 23-24lbs , its practically undetectable , only experienced stringers will be able to do so , let alone us , just playing for leisure. in my own opinion , the previous owner should compensate u at least S$100 coz bottom line is he traded a cracked racket for ur MX80 , n considering that u have to buy a brand new Arc 10 , market rate is at least S$200.
    Bro , pls expose him if he still keeps quiet , its not to spoil his reputation , rather to alert other BCers to be careful of him.

14. bogeydown

bogeydown Regular Member

manager
    Thanks for your long post. However, in the many details, you conveniently failed to mention that i did offer you some money as goodwill although im not obligated to. You then continued to accuse me for trading you a 'cracked' racket. So let me ask you this, was the crack there when you inspected the racket thoroughly? If yes, then why did you even agree to the trade?? If no, then how do you expect me to take it back with a crack (same analogy as will the same car dealer take back the 2nd-hand car you bought if you complained car has problems after 2 months?)??

I told you i wont run away, and Im not. Neither have i "pretended nothing" as you mentioned. Please appreciate the integrity and do not continue to accuse me. I will continue to maintain my stand that the racket had never clashed with other rackets before. We play on hard surfaces here (parquet or wood laminate in sports halls and/or tiles in community clubs), so it is inevitable that there will be chips while going for shots. Does anyone here have a perfect racket after using it for a couple years?

Tell you what, Im willing to hear what forumers here will do in such a situation, though I will proceed only if it sounds reasonable and fair to me. Do note that the mx80 has been traded away as well

In the meantime, I hope you stop sending me multiple smses and do not threathen me anymore with "I will send the racket down personally to your regular game court. Thats totally uncalled for...

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Read post 11 of this thread

16. bogeydown

bogeydown Regular Member

manager
    You should be an experienced forumer with your number of posts. I hope you can remain objective and refrain from saying "he traded a cracked racket for ur MX80" when you were not present on trade-day.

I can assume you are probably friends with him but that doesnt matter.

17. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    You willing to trade your mint mx80 with a arc10 with those paintchips?! There's so many arc10 selling and trading in forum and yet you choose that?!

But seriously, you cant do anything with him. These "he says you say" thingy will never end, as everything has been done and he's able to cope with the guilt and do nothing about it. On the other hand, you will have to cope with the pain of loss and move on, just be careful next time. There's a chinese saying there, "Cheap stuff will never be GOOD STUFF"

Really feel sorry for you man... no one would wish these things to be happened on anybody... I hope the top up he paid was high enough for you to cover up some of the cost for a new racket...

18. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

My sincere apologies with my mis used of words n not objective enough for my post.

i assume u clashed with the floor ?

19. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    There is really nothing much you can do in my opinion.

It's every buyer's responsibility to check through the goods during meet up. There is always a certain level of risk attached to every transaction (Even if you're buying a brand new one). You get compensated for a higher risk with a lower price. During the meet-up, you check through the racket physically and ultimately you agree to the trade yourself.

You could have spend more time straight after the deal further inspecting the racket to make sure that it's up to your expectations before bringing it on court or to your stringer. I guess the situation might still be salvage if at that point of time you're uncomfortable and would like to get a refund or some sort of compensation. 2 months later, when your stringer asked for your permission to go ahead with the stringing having warn you that it might crack, you're again taking the risk by giving the green light. Again, the situation might still be salvage if you choose not to go ahead with the restring and speak to the seller to see what could be done. (Even though 2 months has passed)

I know neither the seller nor the buyer. But I believe for your case, you have missed both your chance to seek any form of compensation from the seller. That is just my opinion, hope it helps =)

20. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    Sorry to hear that bro.. personally for me, this is depend on your luck of trading racket, also depends on that racket owner, is he a good attitude player ? there is still a risk trading racket even it is look like new..

For me, i just trade out my arcsaber 10 2UG5 SP coded for an arcsaber 10 2UG4 PG with TH coded... and my racket is just 2 months old but that Arc10 PG i think is more than 2 years...then the second day i take that traded racket go restring.. the stringer told me that guy more worth get my arc 10 with SP coded... so i told the stringer.. what to do ? i sell it for RM 500, no people want.. trade in to racket shop, they only accept RM 400 for it...which i bought it at RM 650. what is the different if i sell it at RM 500 or trade in to racket shop for RM 400 with some add on i get a new arc 10 with 3U with i traded my arc10 2U SP coded with a arc10 3U with TH coded ? atleast i don't need to pay extra to get a racket i want.. but lucky, when i restring the arc 10 PG version to 26lbs. it was ok.. but i still worry about it might be crack itself when playing... (=.=' first time traded a racket).

If i were you in your case.. take it easy. i will tell the trader.. is lucky that you cheat me on the racket only cost me this value, and i am very happy that this value can show your real attitude of being a trader. am i right ? and of course i will let others people know the attitude of this lousy trader so that same case won't happen again...

sorry for my poor english

Cheers ^_^