How to get over a string of loses?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by IX-MATT-XI, Oct 23, 2011.

1. IX-MATT-XI

IX-MATT-XI Regular Member

student
    I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so sorry if it isn't.
    Well I did allot of training over the summer, and Have had the first 3 tournaments of the season, and only won one game. And I'm starting to think I'm not good enough for them and the training was for nothing, I've lost allot of motivation, so how do I get it back...
    to get back in the gym and on court and do more training..
    thanks

2. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

The real opponent you have to control first is yourself. I see many players lose a match not because their opponent played well but because of their own negative attitude. For example they may think their opponent is too good a player for them and so do not play aggressively or with real purpose. In a case such as this the game is lost before it has begun.

Sometimes a player is angry with himself because of his opponent’s good shot and his own silly mistake in returning the shot. It is this anger which leads to many more mistakes in his game. A player’s self belief is crucial to winning a game and without this and without any clear intention of winning the game is a disaster for him.
    If a player can control the fear of competing, the fear of losing and the anger at himself for his silly mistakes then it is more than likely that he will maximise his ability. Many players shake their heads and so portray negative body language during a match. This indicates that these players lose their games because of this defeatist attitude. If you can control yourself then you can control your opponent. If you lose control of yourself you have no chance of controlling your adversary.

Source:http://www.leejaebok.tv/daily-tips