Victor BS 12 or the Victor Artery Tec 95 Control???????

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xxdomination, Oct 24, 2011.

1. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

Helloooo^^ so excited !!! My First post XD.

Anywaysss~. I am a player that plays doubles most of the time. I am an intermediate player who wants to try out a new racket and loves to smash. Can't really handle stiff ones though, tend to find them pretty hard to use. Getting back to the point. I don't really know which one of the Victor BS 12 or the AT 95C should I choose. Can someone point out the pros and cons? Also I heard that a wider frame head gives you a bigger sweet spot. If that is true can someone suggests rackets with a wider head? any other suggestions, please recommend as well, but I kind of prefer Victor more^^. And currently I am using the BS 09.

Cheers

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Unfortunately the AT95C is a bit before my time (and not easy to find everywhere because its a superseded model), but from all accounts the BS12 is not markedly different to the 09 so it may or may not be an upgrade.

If you primarily generate your smashes through speed, then maybe the BS11 might be a good side-step. It's weighted more to the head despite having a BP somewhere in the vicinity of 290-5 yet still has the speed the BS series is renowned for.

I recently bought an MX70 and that might be an option too. ONly played one session with it so far, but essentially it's a less stiff version of the MX80. Fast, good punch......just like an MX80 except a bit less brutal on the arm!

3. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    I would just stick to the BS09 as it is very similar to the BS12 at a discounted price. I used to own an Artery Tec Ti-95 Control and it is a good racket but found it rather sluggish, so you might find it unwieldy when you are used to the more aero-dynamic and faster BS09.

Justin.

4. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

Could you elaborate 'smash through speed' ?

thanks a lot. :)

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

BS12 would be better between the two. Also BS12 is slightly less stiff than your current BS9 but wont change your swing timing much and you'll get more power.

You can try victor's MX70 or the new SW37 as well, medium stiff and more power, heavier head.