Prevent damage to frame

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Cloud7z, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Ok so here is my question. A friends once told me that you shouldn't wait for your strings to snap but you should cut them off when it looks like they're about to break. This is because the snapping of the strings causes a lot of stress on the frame.
    But today, someone told me it was better if your strings snap because cutting them can cause damage.

So does anyone know which method id better? Thanks in advance.

2. charlotte_alice

charlotte_alice Regular Member

Customer Service
    I always thought, dependent on useage you should get a racket restrung every 6 months maximum, I am not sure, however with most things in life....prevention is better than cure, I would get it restrung before its too late and the string snaps - but of course, I am no expert xx

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    truth is, both causes uneven stress on the frame.

cutting them might be more predictable stress. however, usually when string dies naturally, the location is close to the sweetspot.

in either case, unless you are stringing at ungodly tension or using some cheapo racket, the frame usually can take the uneven tension for a little while.

the most important part is that you either cut the string, or if it snaps naturally, make sure you cut off the rest of the string immediately.

4. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Ok thanks for the info. My tension is 24lbs on the ZSlash so I don't think there should be any problems. If I cut the strings, where is the best place to do it? At the sweet spot?

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    find a huge pair of scissors, cut diagonally very quickly.