Should i change my string ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by alanwong76, Oct 29, 2011.

1. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    Basically this is my thread at the recommendation of racket.

[h=2]Need a racket recommendation for me >.<[/h]
    Previously i bought a arcsaber 10 2UG5, using it is quite heavy for me, it does give me nice and power smash and clear shots but make my hand get easily tired....so then i trade it with arcsaber 10 3UG4, this racket give me more on control but lack of the smashing power and clear shots..

I went for a lesson of badminton class and the coach said that my swing for smash is no problem.

therefore, i am looking for more suitable racket for me. arcsaber 10 2U is heavy for me and cant use for long time, 3U is not that powerful for smashing...

i got 2 racket on my mind that is yonex voltric 80 and victor mx-80. vt-80 is head heavy and mx-80 is wide body... which of you guys would use if at my position ? or any others racket can recommend ?

Then this afternoon i went to racket shop to do some racket survey, i told the stringer about my problem. then he ask me what string i use... i told him i use BG66 Ultimax at 26lbs.

Then he told me for my case i need to change string. he told me if i got strength to smash, change it to BG80, or can try for BG65Ti of BG68Ti...

So, any pro got advise ? Thanks..​

2. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I am NOT an expect on strings but I will try my best. I think your problem could be your rackets, rather than your choice of string. The BG66 Ultimax is already a very powerful string!!! The Arcsaber 10 is one of my all-time favourite rackets. But it's not for everyone. I would definetely try the BG80 first. I like the BG65ti. I use it regularly. However, I can't see any benefit that would bring over the BG66 or BG80, other than giving you more durability. If you don't like the BG80 then maybe try lowering your tension. I consider 26lbs a pretty high tension. My choice of tension is 25lbs. If you still don't like that or see any improvement in your smash then I would maybe look at a different racket. The MX80 and Voltric 80 are both beautiful rackets.

#2 allyjack110, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. 729927852

729927852 Regular Member

I'd say your arm strength can't handle 26lbs, try lowering a few lbs and you would be able to generate more power

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i recommeded SW35 in the other thread you posted but i think sw37 would be better for you. it'll have more power and control :D

my favourite string is li-ning AP62 or the Zymax 62. its a thin string so you'll get lots of power while not losing the feel as well.

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

You could reduce the tension of the strings
    I have tried the BG66UM at 25lbs I had a few problems at first
    thats because of the sweet spot

6. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    If you already have a pro level racket and use pro level string, the only other variable is the player.

But if you don't want to change the player, the arc10 is a very popular racket so you may want to find another player at your club with the same racket and different string and ask to test it. It'll save you from cutting a very good string just to test a theory your heard online or from a shop owner who doesn't know you.

7. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

Does the choice of strings dictate the outcome of a match?If yes, then I will pay good money for it. Like Irameatball said above, u hav a pro racket, pro string, pro tension.... Whts the problem?
    If doubts already appear in yr mind, I say... Change the dxmn string, no point losing sleep over something inexpensive.

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

No, but the string that matches your game play the most will make you feel the most comfortable and give you confidence in your games.

9. kln_stringer

kln_stringer Regular Member

Computer draftsman
    hi Alan,

i try to asnwer as simple as i can. i used to use Arc 10, yes, it is heavy racquet. Don't have to change strings, change to another model racquet. Yonex has a new one nanoray 700 series. 2 models RP and Fx models. Rp model is better, good for tapping, clearing and doing flat shots. Very responsive.

give it a try. i already hung up my arc 10.

Regards
    keng (Canada)