How to forget things especially when you doing badly in tournament?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by afham07, Oct 29, 2011.

1. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    hey guys!

what do you guys normally do to forget things? I just los a badminton tournament about hours ago but I cant stop thinking about it .. :( ...

I definitely need people to talk but seem no one avail. What else can I do to stop thinking about it?

2. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Ultimately, you have to figure out the best way for yourself to handle it. It really is an individual thing, where some people may like to think about their match, some people like to talk/rant about it, some people may like to total forget about it and find some other kind of distraction. If you don't have to play anymore, then maybe take some time off and reflect upon it the next day instead. A night of sleep really dampens things.

However one thing I like doing sometimes is to write down the pros & cons of your match. Write down the top 3 things you could have done better, then write down the top 3 things you did that were good. The key is that you have to do both instead of just focusing on the bad parts. There is always something good, you just need to look for it. The only way to do that though is to change your mindset: look forward and be positive, because there's nothing you can do about the past anymore. Why dwell on a negative feeling that has already passed you? ;)

All the best!

3. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    nothing to think about, you win some, you lose some. just tell yourself you need to train more or just don't think as competitively. what has happened has already happened.

4. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Agreed with above.

If you have this mentality :

If I put everything into my game and win the tournament then I deserve to win the tournament.

If I don't win every match I should try and find out critically where I under-performed and try and make a mends for the next tournament I play in, so that I don't make that same mistake twice.

Look to the future!

No player goes through all their tournaments and wins every single one, you only become the better player quicker by learning from your mistakes.

Too many players are too harsh on themselves, either in the middle of a match or afterwards. As long as you understand why you lost, there's no reason to be frustrated (unless the reason you lost was something you could have easily changed in the match- like losing your mental state).

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

nothing to think about if you don't reply on playing badminton for a living

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Just live with it. It's normal. Go watch movie in cinema or sleep the whole day...

7. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

Emm... to me, I will think back y i lost badly? Is it opponent too strong or just my mentality or stamina not strong enough.

Then find the opponent that u lost to, or someone similar level, play again.

Stand up from where u fall. Even still cant win, but at least u have a target to improve!

If not improve, even today u win this opponent, u may lose the next time.