User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Whose flag is raised and whose national anthem is sung?

    maybe it Hasn't happened yet, but What's the rule if a team (MD, WD, XD) which consist of players from different nationality win a tournament where the national anthem is sung?

    Should both of their national anthem be sung with 2 flags raised? and what's the order?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,221
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very interesting question. i like to know the answer as well.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SMA
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting question indeed. Do any tournaments where the national anthem of the winner is sung allow for players from different nationalities to pair up?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon.Days View Post
    Interesting question indeed. Do any tournaments where the national anthem of the winner is sung allow for players from different nationalities to pair up?
    I think the olympics or their regional counterparts (like Asian games or SEA games) wouldn't allow it, (hey, but the Nanjing youth olympic had doubles from different country, no?)

    and I saw the World Championship has that kind of ceremony, do they allow different nationality players to compete?

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,200
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opikbidin View Post
    I think the olympics or their regional counterparts (like Asian games or SEA games) wouldn't allow it, (hey, but the Nanjing youth olympic had doubles from different country, no?)

    and I saw the World Championship has that kind of ceremony, do they allow different nationality players to compete?
    1983 and 1993 world championships mixed doubles winners were of different nationalities

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would it not be the anthem and flag of the country under whos organisation they registered to play

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BWF is a membership association, the national can apply for the Member national, or to apply two or three, but to go through the General Assembly agreed that the race of the top three national flag can be raised in flag and song,

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,594
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opikbidin View Post
    maybe it Hasn't happened yet, but What's the rule if a team (MD, WD, XD) which consist of players from different nationality win a tournament where the national anthem is sung?

    Should both of their national anthem be sung with 2 flags raised? and what's the order?
    It'd have to be a mash-up.

  9. #9
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,066
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    1983 and 1993 world championships mixed doubles winners were of different nationalities
    any video when the national was sung? I am curious too.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,200
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    any video when the national was sung? I am curious too.
    Not that I am aware of.


    I am too young to remember.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •