User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just a little question.

do strings affect the speed of the shuttle?
    For clears, drop shots, lifts net shots, cuts, whatever you want. you name it exception to smash.

I know that, so ive heard,
    higher tension = control
    lower = power.

... but ive seen this player play... and the shuttle moved pretty fast for his clears and everything, exception to smash. so does the string have to do anything with it? or is just his techinque is good.

Do you think it was his technique or his string was rather Loose or Tight that made the shuttle move faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

string tension is obviously a factor, but a small one compared to technique and timing. any proffesional could whoop my butt using 22lbs tension even...the higher tension requires more skill and strength when hitting. not muscular "gym" strength.
    also higher tensions have smaller and smaller sweetspots that hit hard if you can middle the shuttle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so unless he just has a wicked arm that compensates for no technique, its probably his technique lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i doubt it was due to his strenght. he was only 13 years old. and he destroyed everyone.well, in the school tournement, but thats beside the point.

dont picture him tall, he was quite short as well. 5'3 maybe or even smaller? you might think im crazy, but his skills are mad good,.
    "Black knight technique" so ive heard that he's using?

Anyhow, his smashes were weak, but him placing the shuttle was fast. i was wondering if the string had any effect on it. because i have BG80@23lbs, it used to be good. but now,after 6 months or so, its all bouncy like. and all my shots are bouncy. if you get what i meant

So i was wondering, do the strings make a difference in making the shuttle faster? or is purely the technique

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean his shots were fast but not his smashes? What's faster than a smash?

Do you mean that he had fast feet and good tactical awareness so therefore was able to get to the bird quickly enough to hit aggressive shots? In that case his string tension had nothing to do with his success.

It's possible he had tight strings and therefore the bird came off his racket quickly, instead of being absorbed and then rebounded off a slack stringbed. But if they were too tight, he might not have been able to translate that tight stringbed into power for his smashes.

Whatever the case may be, the kid won because he's talented-- not because of his strings. And 'Black Knight technique' - however mysterious it may sound -- probably just means he practices a lot.

As for your racket, if it feels like a paddle of wet noodles, then it's time to get it restrung.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aznb3n: re-reading my last post, it seems harsh. I was aiming for succinct, not rude. My apologies.