User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: my loot

  1. #1
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default my loot

    just restocking to prepare for the new year. new this year i am stocking up some Babolat Finebraid Micro coz i love the power and the stiffness so much.

    also i have more and more clients liking the NBG98 and i ran super low on those. hopefully these 20 will last me for a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow..

    is this nanogy 99

    available at your side?

  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nanogy 99 isn't available. i got these from MBS in HK.

    i usually get my stock from HK or TW as the prices here are at least double if not triple.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Kwun, do u find any difference between the CH and SP NBG98 that you are using?

  5. #5
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    Hi Kwun, do u find any difference between the CH and SP NBG98 that you are using?
    i have used them separately but never tried to A/B compare them.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    kwun, sorry for the off topic.

    I am about to change string on several rackets. I want to try NBG98, BG66UM, & BG80P.
    Could you help me to match those 3 strings to Arc 10, Arc 7, & AT900P ?

    My initial guess is :
    AT900P - BG66UM
    Arc 10 - BG80P
    Arc 7 - NBG 98

    Please suggest, kwun. What do you think of those combination ?
    If you would like to throw Zymax 62 & 67 to the table, it would be more than welcome.
    Last edited by Licin; 03-18-2012 at 11:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    depends on your goal.

    for stiffness:

    900P > ARC10 > ARC7

    NBG98 > BG80P > BG66UM

    so you have match the softest to the hardest.

    is that what you want?

    what is your target tension?

  8. #8
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What happened to VS-850 Kwun!

  9. #9
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    What happened to VS-850 Kwun!
    i got a reel of it. gonna take a while.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    depends on your goal.

    for stiffness:

    900P > ARC10 > ARC7

    NBG98 > BG80P > BG66UM

    so you have match the softest to the hardest.

    is that what you want?

    what is your target tension?
    Thanks for the reply, kwun.

    So i will restring the following :
    AT900P - NBG98 - 23x25Lbs
    Arc 10 - BG80P - 24.5x26.5Lbs
    Arc 7 - BG66UM - 25x27Lbs

    i can handle higher tension with lighter head racquet.

    Usually i strung my 900P with BG80, quite happy with that. I want to try another string that is more repulsive than BG80 while still maintaining its power.
    Last edited by Licin; 03-19-2012 at 01:27 AM.

  11. #11
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have little experience on tension regarding BG80P.

    for NBG98, i have a client who is national level girl junior player. she plays with 25lbs on VT80 and seems to like it. i have another client who is middle age guy and keep stringing NBG98 at 27lbs so that seems to be ok also.

    my wife plays with BG66UM at 25lbs and she is getting good pop out of it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Janet likes AT700 and 25 lbs. No wonder she is such a killer at the net!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i have little experience on tension regarding BG80P.

    for NBG98, i have a client who is national level girl junior player. she plays with 25lbs on VT80 and seems to like it. i have another client who is middle age guy and keep stringing NBG98 at 27lbs so that seems to be ok also.

    my wife plays with BG66UM at 25lbs and she is getting good pop out of it.

  13. #13
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Janet likes AT700 and 25 lbs. No wonder she is such a killer at the net!!!
    she switched to ARC9FL. seems to be doing OK with it.

    gonna put some new ZM62 on her racket next and see how that goes.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i have little experience on tension regarding BG80P.

    for NBG98, i have a client who is national level girl junior player. she plays with 25lbs on VT80 and seems to like it. i have another client who is middle age guy and keep stringing NBG98 at 27lbs so that seems to be ok also.

    my wife plays with BG66UM at 25lbs and she is getting good pop out of it.
    Thanks for sharing you experience, kwun.. I will try that for sure..

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    she switched to ARC9FL. seems to be doing OK with it.

    gonna put some new ZM62 on her racket next and see how that goes.
    I can't try Zymax strings at the moment, since several local retailers only has old Zymax package in stock, with 0 inventory on new package. Since you guys discovers that New package of Zymax is quite an improvement to the old package, i will wait for the new package to become available.

  16. #16
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I can't try Zymax strings at the moment, since several local retailers only has old Zymax package in stock, with 0 inventory on new package. Since you guys discovers that New package of Zymax is quite an improvement to the old package, i will wait for the new package to become available.
    ZM62New is much improved in almost all categories.

    haven't have much experience on the ZM67 yet.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Penang MY or Melbourne AU
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Thanks for the reply, kwun.

    So i will restring the following :
    AT900P - NBG98 - 23x25Lbs
    Arc 10 - BG80P - 24.5x26.5Lbs
    Arc 7 - BG66UM - 25x27Lbs
    I think Kwun meant that the NBG98 is stiffer than the BG80P and you should pair the stiffest racket to the softest string; so hence 900P with BG66UM and Arc7 with NBG98 - or am I reading it wrongly?

    Either way, just string what you like

    I find BG80P and BG66UM quite bleh on the occasions I have tried them.

    Justin

Similar Threads

  1. my loot from TW/HK
    By kwun in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 74
    : 04-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •