Tweaked ankle/achilles

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Rykard, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

Hi,
    i have tweaked my ankle\achilles whilst doing single leg calf raises and then playing. I know the prescription is rest, not badly done just uncomfortable to walk on, but what is the best way to strengthen my ankles\achilles?

thanks
    Rich

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Yeah, I will like any opinions on strengthening my achilles. Right now it hurt on the inside when i massage a little hard on it (on my left ankle it doesn't even if pressed much harder, there is a big blue vein running vertically across that spot ). When playing it often 'tightened up' n makes me difficult to return dropshots w/ good netshots.

Anyone, please!!!

3. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

my achilles tendon too was hurting badly a while back. It may be that the collar of the back of your shoe rubs against your tendon, so it hurts its when you jump/run. try to use a different shoe, or what i did is i cut 2 verticle lines the back of my shoe so that it doesnt touch my achilles tendon.

short term treatment is to rub emulsion/pain relieving gel on you tendon, take some NSAID's and wear shoes that has a bit of a heel in them. 2" usually helps. (no don't take out your girl's stillettos :p ) this is reduce the strech on the tendon when you walk.

long term solution, you need to stretch you achilles tendon regularly so that its "loose" to avoid injury. I stretch them first thing in the morning and a few times a day. never "bounce" while you stretch as this may worsen it. avoid running uphill as this overstretches the tendon.

4. Dazhu Wang

Dazhu Wang Regular Member

students
    I've hurt my ankle too and it takes forever to get recovered. Now I really feel depressed.
    I can't play badminton for near 6 months... too bad

5. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Have you gone to a doctor to get it checked out? Rehab is your best friend when it comes to injuries.