Nowadays, LCW is better than LD.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alone, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Alone

Alone Regular Member

My mom said, Lin Dan always retreat before he arrive in the final simply because he scare to Chong Wei.
    Why?
    Well, when LCW play in Super Series, we know that LCW play without pressure and blabla. Therefore, LD scare to death about that fact. But, when it comes to tournament beside Super Series such as World Championship, then LD dare to take the risk simply because he know that LCW will play in "huge damn pressure". And when LCW play in "huge damn pressure", he cannot play really well.

Why LCW in under pressure in other tournaments excluding Super Series?
    Tell me, who is the first Malaysian to be able to win a gold medal in World Championship or Olympic? None.
    Just imagine this, if you represent your country, yes only you, to win a FIRST ever gold medal in huge tournament, how would you feel? I tell ya, you wouldn't be able to perform really well and thus under huge pressure. And that is the reason why, Chong Wei cannot play really well in other tournaments beside Super Series.

But for Lin Dan, well, China is the king of Olympic, China have already won many gold medals in World Championship, so Lin Dan play without any pressure.

And beside, just imagine this, millions and millions of Malaysian put great hope onto LCW so that he can bring back Malaysia first ever gold medal, not in badminton only but as well as in Olympic. Gosh, there is nothing more tough than that.

For me, LCW have better skill and he is the best. LD is good but not as good as LCW.

I still remembered when LD told the media after his won in World Championship in London the other day, "The third game was really emotional. I had to fight hard. On the match points I was just hoping he would make a mistake.". He begging for Chong Wei mistake.
    And we all know that he won by luck. He was able to save a match point. How lucky was that? And the match point in the third set is simply occur due to LCW unforced error. Gosh, how more lucky you can get?

I couldn't deny the fact that, a long time ago, LD is far better than LCW, but now, LCW is superb than LD.

You guys just bullshitt headed if you stated that LD is better than LCW.

2. sonbitch

sonbitch Regular Member

player
    agree with you that now CW is the best NOW ;)
    from the finals of All England and WC this year, we could see he was more skillful than LD. But more skillful doesn't mean being stature like LD. CW's problem is metality. The reason he has not yet got any big titles is himself, not because the others well enough to beat him, I think.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

who knows? It's hard to tell when LD has actually come out to play oer not. Certainly based on the Denmark open the way LD played anyone in the top 10 was better than him and LCW miles ahead. But the reality of the situation is LCW is consistently the best player in the world, he is number 1 ranked. LD however is capable of reaching a greater standard finding that extra something when he is on form surpassing LCW. You have to accept that there are many ways of determining who is better than who(head to head, consistency, ranking, major wins etc) unfortunately meaning that there is no definative answer sorry dude.

4. SixSeven

SixSeven Regular Member

I agree that LCW is good, or even better than LD at the moment, but not this "pressure" crap again. If LCW cannot handle the pressure after playing for so many years of badminton in all kind of tournaments, he is not worth the gold medal.

5. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

With all due respect to your mom, the recent head to head results would seem to refute the idea that LCW is better than LD. Using the idea that LCW is under more pressure as and excuse is also silly. Being able to handle the pressure is part and parcel of what being a better player is all about.

By that logic the Canadian players should all be nervous wrecks.

Suuuuure, Chinese fans are soooo laid back about their badminton team. I'm sure Lin Dan gets lots of fan mail telling him 1rst or 17th, no matter, just have fun out there.

Compared to hundreds of millions or Chinese fans??

And you base this on....?

Ok, that's one point in a match. Last I checked you need at least 21 to win a game. Are you saying that LD was simply lucky 21 times in that game? That's alot of luck.

Going by results you must consider last week 'a long time ago'

No, bullshitt is spewing a bunch of conjecture without out a sighting a single fact in support. Not that I'd expect you to smell your own bullshitt with all that Dope you must be smoking.

For the record, I like both players but I favour LCW or LD. I'm just not delusional about it.

#5 thunder.tw, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

gold medal? what gold medal? not that commonwealth again, please.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

dont you think you are a bit too harsh to someone just listen to his/her mum?

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think the conclusion that LD is "afraid" of meeting LCW is questionable for any mom to make :)

If LD (or LYB/Team) thinks there are little or no GAIN in very frequent meetings for LD vs. LCW before OG.. I think they may reason that if LD is on top and LCW is the one catching up. The one cathing up always have more to gain from more matches.. And thereby feels that it is strategically best to avoid LCW opportunities..

Personally I think it is more of trying to deny LCW opportunities to catch up even further with LD than anything about being "afraid" :)

With CL the opposite is true.. They want CL ot catch up with LCW so they will try to get ANY possibility for CL to meet LCW to improve and get closer to LCW...

Nothing really indicates than LD.. But LCW has prooved that he is getting closer and closer.. and in WC he was just a length of a nose behind...

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not your mom as well!!

10. Leon Lim

Leon Lim Regular Member

so what if LD can get the No. 1? the way china manulpulate the game is force many fans to lost their respect for badminton players from china

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    The manipulation and importance thereof are very exhaggerated, for reasons I can only suspect is of bias against chineese players mostly.

But it is like always in sports i suppose.. If your team looses you start blaming everything except the players.. The coaches, the conditions, the fans, the umpire, the food etc. etc..

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

commonly known as loser mentality

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

21-8, 21-12 :) That. Is. All ;)

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But he's not better than LD in terms of 'acting';)

15. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    in terms of skills, i believe they are now almost equal..but I believe LD has a slight more power than LCW :)

in terms of professionalism towards the sport itself, LD is far.. below LCW :(

16. NicholasSMB

NicholasSMB Regular Member

Shuttler, Student
    Dude, honestly speaking, Lin dan in terms of skill is absolutely better then lee chong wei. Yes lee chong wei is good, but lin dan's not even trying hard. He takes competition seriously, but never really wanted it so badly. You want to see him at hes peak? Go watch the bei jing olympic 2008 and compare it with other tournament on 2010 , 2011. Lin dan does not take normal competition seriously, we will see at the olympics on 2012 :) . And using an excuse that lee chong wei is better then lin dan , in terms of pressure? Thats total crap. Oh ya, lin dan walk over at competitions is due to letting hes compatraiot Chen Long and Chen Jin to gain olympic points, not that his afraid of lee chong wei ,but to let hes younger teammates expose to lee chong wei . So overall i am saying, Lee chong wei is good, but not better then Lin Dan . With respect to your mom.

17. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    for me, IMO, if u really want to give way to ur juniors, u shouldn't join that competition in the first place.. let them crawl from the bottom, and if they are indeed strong, they can crawl up themself.. from my point of view, looks like LD ( the senior ) is now 'pity-ing' the juniors, bcoz the juniors still need the help of senior to clear 1 'stairs' for them..

I'm wondering what happen to China Badminton Team right now.. I miss the times when Chen Hong ( senior ) is against young Lin Dan ( junior at that time ).. really a match worth to be saved on my harddrive.. since they really fight for each other and no team-order at that time..

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

a masterpiece for english grammer!

19. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

In terms of gameplay, LCW has the slightly better edge in consistency, enough said. LD on the other hand has just that much extra "touch" which makes his gameplay have a better advantage when it comes to tight situations such as when fighting against a fully confident LCW (his body language is so obvious in the beginning sets) during the World Championship 2011 final.

I personally think they each have an almost equal chance of beating the other depending on the situation. I would not bet my money on either but I am always awestruck by LCW beating LD consistently point for point during the All England 2011 final and also by LD suddenly coming back from behind to catch LCW off guard during the Korean Open 2011 final and the World Championship 2011 final.

Anyway, I wonder why you are so in awe of what your mom said. I would guess that your mom knows a lot more about badminton than you do ;)

20. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    hahahaha... thanks :(

i'm currently learning chinese.. so i tend to mix between chinese, bahasa ( indonesia ), and english grammar altogether :( :(