Pros Pro Shuttle Express + MBS load spreader

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by asmd6230, Nov 3, 2011.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Hi guys,

finally got me a stringing machine.
    need to get a pair of hiqua clamps from mbs and noticed the load spreaders. will they fit on the pros pro shuttle express? im thinking yes but it never hurts to ask.

btw, is hiqua b696 string decent, was thinking of getting a 100m reel to practice with.

regards,
    asmd.

2. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    They will, but the pro's pro top and bottom support posts are round, and the load spreaders have square cut outs (well, mine do anyway, got them from W&D in the uk but they look the same) which mean they're not always as stable as they could be. You can't use them with the screw down supports because the load spreder is too thick, so unless you have a really wide framed racket all you'll be screwing down onto is the load spreader. To be honest i prefer to use the screw down supports most of the time anyway, but i've made some mini plasitc supports on the post so that the racket frame isn't being crushed by the metal.

They aren't expensive, so they're worth having for the few times you genuinely need them, even if you end up hacking them down to size to fit.

3. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Ordered a pair. :)

4. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

just noticed something... the load spreader doesnt exactly fit the arc of the frame of every racket.
    im still using it though. :)

5. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    Yeah, i noticed the same thing, especially at the top. I wondered if removing the 2 outer prongs would be worth while.