Victor Racket - what's going on?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mzheng168, Nov 3, 2011.

1. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i have spent a lot of time last week to look for a place to buy the MX70 but no where in the world selling them at the moment! I have tried sites in UK, Germany, US and China. None of them have this racket in stock!!

More strangely the racket section on the Victor UK site is complete empty! What's going on with Victor ?? Are they shutting down??

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    what do you mean shutting down?

this racket (also with MX80) sells like hot cakes
    everyone wants to try it

try sohubuy.com
    http://www.sohubuy.com/slist.asp?factory=victor&sort=2

3. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

it just feel something is not right especially on the Victor UK's site. The site in your reply looks fishy... I wouldn't buy from such unknown site at all. thanks anyway.

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    that site is completely legit
    I bought my MX80 from them

but if you don't want to buy from them, good luck then

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

One of the most reliable sellers, just cause he didn't spend a lot of money on designing a website doesn't make it fishy, in fact i'd be more suspicious if the website was state of the art.

Victor UK website still exists, and can still by rackets from it, you live in UK, so you're last to get any thing. Get it from sohubuy, of dont get it at all... You can get it from SG as well...

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    since we know it's a legit website, we don't care if it's a website with bad design or not (IMO it is not that bad)
    for people that new to this, they might get suspicious

however website layout alone is not reliable indicator if they sell legit product or not
    a good example why website design cannot be reliable:
    Badminton365.com
    they have very good website layout, but guess what? they sell fake Yonex with premium price!

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Victor is still very much present in the UK but there has been a re-structure in the way rackets are sold. Victor UK no longer sells directly to the public through its website but instead through retailers both online and instore.Central Sports in the UK is now the premium seller of Victor equipment and stocks most rackets including the MX80. Unfortunately the MX70 is yet to reach these shores.I should imagine Victor will work on their website to reflect this change in selling ethos but s still very much a key player in the UK badminton market.

8. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks all. i think i will wait for them to be on main uk retailer's shelves. at the end of the day, it's just a racket... i can stick around improving my skills while i am waiting...

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That's what I was refering to in my first paragraph, websites that sell fakes, tend to be glossy, in order to attract uninformed buyers...

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Youre going to be waiting a long time, couple of months minimum...

11. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the information, Benwilluk.

I just don't want to buy any racket from some unknown websites.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    one of the things that Yonex have been doing pretty well lately is their synchronized release of rackets. VT80 / VT80LTD / NR700FX/RP were all released and available pretty much worldwide at the same day. UK/Japan/US/HK retailers have them available within a couple of days' window. this requires a lot of work including logistics of getting the rackets in distributor/retailers hands and have them hold them off till the release date.

Victor on the other hand, is still very much decentralized. all distributor are working on their own shipping and release schedule and Victor distribute product earlier to some markets than another. often distributors will choose to ship by sea so faraway markets like Europe and USA will get products literally months behind Taiwan/HK/China, for example.

13. Iori

Iori Regular Member

They are not unknown around here. I bought from them, the service is fast, price is excellent. You can also try squashmart Eric on ebay if you think its safer, also very good service.

14. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Hi all - in response to this post I have been in contact with VICTOR Europe and expressed a need from a UK perspective to had a fully functioning website with up to date products/news etc. They have agreed and asked from a badminton fans perspective what I would like to see on the website - I have therefore expressed my views to them but this is personal to me.

So my question is - as badminton fans what information/images etc would you like/expect/want to see on the VICTOR UK website?

15. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

i think u can more easily buy mx70 from online shop based in hong kong or taiwan

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Are Victor Europe in charge of the Victor UK website then? The international/ "european" website already has a fully functioning english language website doesn't it? (http://www.victor-international.com/index.php?language=eng)

#16 demolidor, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  17. meteor

meteor Regular Member

It would be great to have an informative Victor UK website, but even better would be to have all Victor racket range available for sale in the UK.

Today the MX80 has been pulled off the Central Sports website - the only UK retailer that was selling it, and also the only one that sells Victor equipment in UK. I was told that their flagship product - the MX80 was "discontinued"...
    The BS10 is also no longer available for sale there, in fact the only BS series rackets available are BS12 and BS LYD.
    As for bs09, bs11, sw35.... mx60 - not even fakes on ebay.
    Possibly Victor doesn't have a big enough demand for rackets in UK and in this case some marketing and an informative website would help...
    I don't mean to moan about Centralsports because they are a very reliable retailer but I somehow agree with the initial topic of this thread. Victor products are sparse and the latest ones take ages to reach this country of Carlton loving people.

18. racquetattack

racquetattack Regular Member

web sales
    They make fine badminton frames, and are a little less expensive than some other brands.

19. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Yeah I think VICTOR Europe are basically responsible for the distribution of all VICTOR products across Europe - in regards to the UK, the structure has changed slightly recently hence the redundant state of the current site. I guess one option would be to have the .co.uk doman pointing at the English version but. Understand there has been done demand for a standalone site.I would certainly like to see one.

20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Great comments so far and agree with the comments. I will pass all back. Apart from a wider product range, which incidentally I mentioned, any other specifics you would like to see on the site?