Bg66 v bg66um v bg80

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by drew tze en, Nov 3, 2011.

1. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I have tired all of them I just got my recently re-strung my racket with BG80 at 25lbs
    I wanted to know what are your thoughts of these strings

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

To be honest there isn't enough of a difference for me to worry too much. My go to string is BG-80. I'll occasionally string with BG66 or BG66um but I don't really notice a big difference. I'm looking forward to giving BG-80P a try.

My last string was done with Victor string (VSF-850 or something like that) absolute crap. It may be the first time I cut out strings before they break. However, I'll give it a few more sessions before I make a final judgement.

3. drew tze en

one certain is the hitting sound the BG80 has a lower pitched sound compared to the higher pitched BG66/BG66UM
    At first using BG80 was strange,different compared if I strung my racket with BG66/BG66UM
    at the beginning I could smash really hard it is as if I had to slow down my smash, however I didn't face the same problems with the other 2 strings

4. drew tze en

one certain difference is the hitting sound the BG80 has a lower pitched sound compared to the higher pitched BG66/BG66UM
    At first using BG80 was strange,different compared if I strung my racket with BG66/BG66UM
    at the beginning I could smash really hard it is as if I had to slow down my smash, however I didn't face the same problems with the other 2 strings