User Tag List

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I couldn't understand why Li Xuerui is not participating in the 2012 Australian Open.

Currently, with her good form; I would be quite sure that she would be the WS winner of this tournament.
    Australia should be given the SS status rather than India...It seems a lot of top players are not very supportive or inclined to play in India for many reason..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I couldn't understand why Li Xuerui is not participating in the 2012 Australian Open.

Currently, with her good form; I would be quite sure that she would be the WS winner of this tournament.
    I guess chn team are training for the UC and dont want the players who will be in the team to be travelling and playing tournaments at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially all the Australian players were eliminated after the first round. I wonder how many forum members can name even just one single Australian player. Could hardly convince anybody to give Australian Open an SS status.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Australia should be given the SS status rather than India...It seems a lot of top players are not very supportive or inclined to play in India for many reason..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    Essentially all the Australian players were eliminated after the first round. I wonder how many forum members can name even just one single Australian player. Could hardly convince anybody to give Australian Open an SS status.
    Then the same can be said about Singapore and French Open...why should those two be given SS status then ? Singapore has no great local challengers to display and offer so little prize (that's strange for a first world status) and the same for French Open.

I think German players are a lot better than French players overall based on skills and results. Germany should be promoted to SS tournament in exchange for french open to be demoted. Singapore could have done so much better in terms of alluring better sponsorships and offering handsome prize moneys since they are financially very solid. Unless they are what you call "kiam-siap" in hokkien translation for stingy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting and great to see SS tournaments becoming more spread out across the globe by including countries from Latin America and Oceania.

I strongly believe in future the ideal world tour route should be restructured as follows:

Malaysia >> Korea (Premier) >> England (Premier) >> Germany >> Singapore >> Indonesia (Premier) >> Australia >> Japan >> US >> Denmark (Premier) >> Hong Kong >> China (final destination)

Do not understand why India should be given the SS rights if a lot of top players do not even bother participating and showing their support to increase the prestige of the tournament by competing...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then the same can be said about Singapore and French Open...why should those two be given SS status then ? Singapore has no great local challengers to display and offer so little prize (that's strange for a first world status) and the same for French Open.

I think German players are a lot better than French players overall based on skills and results. Germany should be promoted to SS tournament in exchange for french open to be demoted. Singapore could have done so much better in terms of alluring better sponsorships and offering handsome prize moneys since they are financially very solid. Unless they are what you call "kiam-siap" in hokkien translation for stingy
    To take it further, the Brits haven't got any players worthy of a SS event much less SSP (apart from Adcock/Bankier, and certainly not Robertson, or even Rajiv Ouesph.) So why not downgrade the AE to SS (or maybe GPG) and upgrade say, Thailand to SSP? Eh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The topic is LXR remember. Not SS locations.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is interesting and great to see SS tournaments becoming more spread out across the globe by including countries from Latin America and Oceania.

I strongly believe in future the ideal world tour route should be restructured as follows:

Malaysia >> Korea (Premier) >> England (Premier) >> Germany >> Singapore >> Indonesia (Premier) >> Australia >> Japan >> US >> Denmark (Premier) >> Hong Kong >> China (final destination)

Do not understand why India should be given the SS rights if a lot of top players do not even bother participating and showing their support to increase the prestige of the tournament by competing...
    Do not understand why China should be given the SS rights if a lot of top players do not even bother participating and showing their support to increase the prestige of the tournament by competing...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    The topic is LXR remember. Not SS locations.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be a Premeir SS event, you need

(1) lots of $$$$ money, at least US$500,000.
    (2) excellent facility and enviroment. (matt, air draught, lighting, floor, etc). Good practice area. Close proximity to hotel.
    (3) good water, food, and nutrition
    (4) excellent people running the show, umpirees, line judges and referees, doctors, physiothrapists, nutritionalist, etc.
    (5) if there is a gym and a track/field, even better.. swimming pool, A+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok sorry for getting off-topic...btw judging from what LXR said quoted from an interview after winning the All England, does she really mean what she said about her olympic prospects.

I know it's not up to her to decide whether she wants to go or not. If it were true, the outcome in her favour will make her fall into a state of feeling guilty for hampering one of her much more illustrious teammates' chances of qualifying. or is it ? :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Li was all smiles after her final victory: This is amazing for me to win here. It was unexpected as this is a very important final. As for the future, I just want to do well in tournament, and Ill be happy to be a back up for China in the Olympics if needed.

Does it mean that she is supportive of her three Wangs compatriots to represent China in the Olympics and she will only respond when there's an emergency ???

What you guys think about the quote by her lol?
    You have to believe that's the CBA PR machine talking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We, in Australia, are working on upgrading our GP Gold tournament to the next level, to the SS tournament. Hope that it could happen soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can enlighten me on what racket model she's using right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui had the easiest draw in the India Open whereas Wang Shixian has to battle Saina, Baun and Schenk on the other half of the draw..

Tough times for Wang Shixian..deep inside she must be cursing and voodoo-ing LXR to lose in the early round.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui had the easiest draw in the India Open whereas Wang Shixian has to battle Saina, Baun and Schenk on the other half of the draw..

Tough times for Wang Shixian..deep inside she must be cursing and voodoo-ing LXR to lose in the early round.
    LXR, WSX, TB and Schenk are participating? But I thought you had mentioned that they (top players) would not bother participating?

And if WSX needs to resort to cursing and voodoo and stuff against her own team-mate (instead of letting her racquet doing the talking,) maybe she doesn't deserve her ranking or seeding, or to even be in the China team, eh? What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    LXR, WSX, TB and Schenk are participating? But I thought you had mentioned that they (top players) would not bother participating?

And if WSX needs to resort to cursing and voodoo and stuff against her own team-mate (instead of letting her racquet doing the talking,) maybe she doesn't deserve her ranking or seeding, or to even be in the China team, eh? What do you think?
    It doesn't look very fair to her right now. She has been playing and trying hard in every tournament since 2010 and to think she has done enough to qualify for the Olympics not as top favourite but someone who is keen to be one of the medallists at least (meaning she thinks WYH and WX stand better chance to win the gold than her and she would be proud to standing next to them), then some player who was footsoldier did well in only the past two weeks and has caught the attention of LYB, consequently leaving WSX out of the intensive training scheduled for WYH and WX,

In her shoes, how would you feel when you are asked to play in India Open while the other two are training intensively at home because of this one player LXR? Fans think it's not fair to blame her for having such thoughts when she has walked to this kind situation.
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 04-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast