User Tag List

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    it's official. those selected to play in Thomas/Uber Cup will be the ones to play in Olympics. That's what LYB's boss, Liu, said today.

http://sports.sohu.com/20120415/n340601484.shtml
    i read it differently.

it says whoever will be playing in Olympics will be the main players in TC/UC. doesn't reject the possibility that there will be players not playing in Olympics playing. it is a bit more vague and leave more room for different selections.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's official. those selected to play in Thomas/Uber Cup will be the ones to play in Olympics. That's what LYB's boss, Liu, said today.

http://sports.sohu.com/20120415/n340601484.shtml

WSX or LXR? any guess?
    Well it isnt fixed. My guess would be both these players will PLAY in the UC, so we will be none the wiser. Until the nominations are submitted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well it isnt fixed. My guess would be both these players will PLAY in the UC, so we will be none the wiser. Until the nominations are submitted.
    WSX is definitely out if that's the case. LXR to play in her place...but what if WX gets knocked out early in BAC, will there be possibility of reshuffling ?

She has lost in the first rounds of two Premier outings already to Korean players and a loss to Schenk in Germany...let's see how she perform in BAC against Saina if they really meet

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB can submit four entries for WS right? he could have WYH, WX and LXR in the Group Stage; and WYX, WX and WSX in the Knock Out stage, right?
    Last edited by pcll99; 04-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB can submit four entries for WS right? he could have WYH, WX and LXR in the Group Stage; and WYX, WX and WSX in the Knock Out stage, right?
    I know one thing for sure. Against Korea and Japan, WSX is definitely needed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    WSX is definitely out if that's the case. LXR to play in her place...but what if WX gets knocked out early in BAC, will there be possibility of reshuffling ?

She has lost in the first rounds of two Premier outings already to Korean players and a loss to Schenk in Germany...let's see how she perform in BAC against Saina if they really meet
    Why is WSX def out? Has she not been picked for UC?

My understanding is they pick a team of no more than XX players, 12? And the country can pick any of those players for any game in the tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing is for certain..WSX is desperately needed if China is to face Korea/Japan again in the final and wish to see her play the decider to help China win :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=325640&tid=1

"The deadline for entering your team nomination is Monday 7 May 2012

Your nominations will be run against the World Ranking of Thursday 3 May 2012"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=325640&tid=1

"The deadline for entering your team nomination is Monday 7 May 2012

Your nominations will be run against the World Ranking of Thursday 3 May 2012"

It doesnt really matter....we know for sure these will be the official list of the Uber squad for China:

Wang Yihan (Captain)
    Wang Xin
    Wang Shixian
    Yu Yang (the only surviving female member from the 2008 OG Squad)
    Wang Xiaoli
    Li Xuerui
    Zhao Yunlei
    Tian Qing
    Tang Jinhua
    Xia Huan

I remember a team is capped to have only 10 players in it..so I am sure the top are the players that will feature in the Uber Cup. Needless to say, we know which pair is goonna play but we dont know for sure how LYB is going to shuffle the line-up when they face Korea/Japan. Does he trust Wang Yihan to play first or put Wang Xin instead to steal the first point before letting Wang Shixian to grab the winning point. But mind you, Wang Xin had just lost to two Koreans beginning on the year...now's the Headcoach dilemma...does he trust WYH to take mantle of leading the team for revenge..
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 04-15-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesnt really matter....we know for sure these will be the official list of the Uber squad for China:

Wang Yihan (Captain)
    Wang Xin
    Wang Shixian
    Yu Yang
    Wang Xiaoli
    Li Xuerui
    Zhao Yunlei
    Tian Qing
    Tang Jinhua
    Xia Huan

I remember a team is capped to have only 10 players in it..so I am sure the top are the players that will feature in the Uber Cup. Needless to say, we know which pair is goonna play but we dont know for sure how LYB is going to shuffle the line-up when they face Korea/Japan. Does he trust Wang Yihan to play first or put Wang Xin instead to steal the first point before letting Wang Shixian to grab the winning point. But mind you, Wang Xin had just lost to two Koreans beginning on the year...now's the Headcoach dilemma...does he trust WYH to take mantle of leading the team for revenge..
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=41432

"12.2 Each competing Member Association shall nominate to the BWF not fewer than four players and not more than ten players, from whom its team will be selected for a tie, within the stipulated time as per Annexure I."

bottom of Annexure I (the very last page):

"4 hours prior to the time fixed for a tie or such other period as decreed by the Referee

Hand over the composition of the team for that time
    Team Manager

12.4.1"

does this mean LYB will decide which three of the four will play in the morning (9am or 10am?) of the Final??
    Last edited by pcll99; 04-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=41432

"12.2 Each competing Member Association shall nominate to the BWF not fewer than four players and not more than ten players, from whom its team will be selected for a tie, within the stipulated time as per Annexure I."

bottom of Annexure I (the very last page):

"4 hours prior to the time fixed for a tie or such other period as decreed by the Referee

Hand over the composition of the team for that time
    Team Manager

12.4.1"

does this mean LYB will decide which three of the four will play in the morning (9am or 10am?) of the Final??
    That's fine...all i know is if it's China vs Korea again in the Final. Wang Shixian will definitely play..Wang Yihan will be keen to get that first point for China

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fine...all i know is if it's China vs Korea again in the Final. Wang Shixian will definitely play..Wang Yihan will be keen to get that first point for China
    If you know that can you tell us who will get picked for the OG too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know that can you tell us who will get picked for the OG too?
    Let's put it this way...it depends on the scenario when China face Korea or Japan. If China wins the games without requiring WSX at all, then WSX is doomed because she cant prove herself nor would LYB really give damn since winning the Thomas/Uber is always crazed by this deluded coach.

If she wins it for China, then it's a different story. The interesting thing about this would how LYB is going to shuffle the line-up assuming he is not confident of putting Wang Xin up against a japanese/korean player. Checked and can confirm that she has quite a poor record (compared to WSX) against Koreans and Japanese.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if i were LYB, i would field LXR as much as i can in the UC.

if she is fielded, she will be playing 3rd WS anyway, and if she ever gets to play, then it will show him how she handles big events mentally.

and conveniently, national associations don't need to submit the Olympics list until after the UC. so the coaches can observe how all the players performs as much as they want to.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fielding LXR is a bit of a gamble. In terms of experience, she has never participated in any big event (ie, the final or semi finals of Uber, Sudirman, WC, Asian Games). The only real thing she won was All England 2012, which was obviously fixed.

Beside, she is not mentally tough.

If she were to play the decider, ie the fifth game, I don't know if she can handle it. If she loses it, it will be like Zhang Ning in the in 1990s. It might take years for her to bounce back, if at all.

If you were LXR, what will u tell ZN and LYB now?

(1) please field me to play Uber, I feel very confident.
    (2) please don't send me; please send WSX instead. It is for the good of the whole team.
    (3) say nothing.
    Last edited by pcll99; 04-16-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, if me, i would say: bring me with the team, and field me in easy matches. for the hard ones, u can sent the others and blame them if our team fail again. #joke

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fielding LXR is a bit of a gamble. In terms of experience, she has never participated in any big event (ie, the final or semi finals of Uber, Sudirman, WC, Asian Games). The only real thing she won was All England 2012, which was obviously fixed.

Beside, she is not mentally tough.

If she were to play the decider, ie the fifth game, I don't know if she can handle it. If she loses it, it will be like Zhang Ning in the in 1990s. It might take years for her to bounce back, if at all.

If you were LXR, what will u tell ZN and LYB now?

(1) please field me to play Uber, I feel very confident.
    (2) please don't send me; please send WSX instead. It is for the good of the whole team.
    (3) say nothing.
    Well, we all have to start somewhere!
    LXR was runner-up at the French Opens, finished semis at the China Open, won the AE SSP (fairly, I think,) and finished in the quarters in other tournaments as well. All this quite recently.

She also played in the UC premilinary rounds, from February 15 through 18. She played, and won 4 matches, all except one in straight games: against P V Sindhu, Maria Febe, Hsiao Ma Pai, and Sayaka Sato (the last one went the distance.) So she already has a taste for UC games. More (kinda) team games coming up as well at the BAC where if things go according to script, she will meet either Saina or WX in the semis.

The China team has had enough time to work out their strategies against their UC opponents; and to build up their players for specific matches. I'm quite sure they will use their players according to their strengths. Without undue favour. They want the final result. I'll be quite surprised if they get ambushed again by any other country, although the Korea Women's team has become alarmingly strong recently! Which is good for the game!

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast