User Tag List

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    hey, where u get this pic from? what do those two red bars on the right mean? not invited?
    No big deal!!
    Your answer in 2 parts.

The full picture:
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14900

The WS picture in detail:
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=350190&tid=1

My interpretation of the red bars is that these players do not qualify by default because the NOC quota/allocation is either used up by higher-ranked players or they are ranked below the cutoff, and the 38 places have already been allocated. So basically, it can be considered to be a "first draft." BUT....

Remember that this point is very important:
    Deadline to submit the eligible players : Thursday 31 May 2012 23.59 hours, BWF headquarters Time. ( +8 hours GMT)

Remember also, that the Qualifying Regulations clearly state the following, and which applies to China WS:
    An NOC which has qualified more than its authorised number of quota places will need to confirm which of its eligible player(s)/pair(s) the NOC wishes to enter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    The official list is submitted on 30th May No changes can be made after that date unless for injury. If he picks LXR then someone gets injured then chn is down to 2. If he doesnt pick lxr then lxr can be swapped if one of wangs gets injured. Not sure on the final date when changes can still be made.

New conspiracy anyone?

"Withdrawals and reserves replacements are however possible until 20 July 2012. The live draw ceremony will be held on 23 July 2012 in London."

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=62497

Maybe the above is the anwser.
    Last edited by pcll99; 05-07-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so based on that article, is LYB implying LXR will not be selected on 31 May?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our idol LXR has made it to the cover.

http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/attachmen...c7ee442d22.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a nice pic of her!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the natural LXR better^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talks and news are circulating across the Chinese mainstream media about the dillemma China is facing between WSX and LXR..

I hope LXR will live up to her expectations when she plays in London.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    What LYB said :

Base on the Olympic regulation, if Chinese team submitted the #2, #3 and #4 which are WX, WSX and LXR and if one of them can't go because of injury, Chinese team will lose a spot (probably because a high ranking player can't replace a lower ranking player). If Chinese team submitted the #1, #2 and #3 which are WYH, WX and WSX and if one of them can't go because of injury, then the #4 can substitute.

He never said LXR is just a substitute.
    What's most important is he uses "if", making them conditional statements,eg if A, then B -- and not stating his intention or decision.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    In January 2010, LXR began her journey ranked in the 140's. She played a lot of tournaments, slowly and consistently made her way up the rankings and finished 2010 ranked 11 in the world.

It doesn't require a very Mensa-ish IQ to accept that breaking into, and remaining in the top 10 requires a consistency which most of us can only talk about, academically, and like we really understand. The fact is, we don't really know from experience. Even if you factor in conspiracy-theory stuff like LYB etc, the player needs to perform, day in and day out, at a freakishly high level.

LXR spent most of 2011 in the teens, but finally broke through for good in December last year. But the really revealing stat is that her ranking shot up more quickly after than, when it is becomes a huge task to gain every single ranking point from 10 upwards.

She must be doing something right. Very right. And it has nothing to do with LYB, or any other player.

WSX broke into the top 5 in August 2010 and has never fallen below 5 ever since. In fact, since January 2011, she has never been ranked lower than 3. She too, must be doing something right.

If all 4 CHN players qualify for OG selection, then the CBA bosses will decide which 3 girls will represent China at the OG. I think they know their job better than we give them credit for. After all, CBA has won more titles and medals at TC, UC, OG, AG, BAC and WC in the last 5-8 years than any other country; possibly (and sadly, from my point of view) more than all others combined.

If in the process one of the girls has to be left out, it's just life. It's still a better life than working in the fields, or in an assembly line, or starving in an AIDS-ridden African country. It's all a matter of perspective.
    Excellent,I couldn't have put it any better, esp the para. I highlighted in red.

By now, any doubts anybody has about her should be put to rest. For the longest time,since when , for the last one-and-a-half to two years, has anybody managed to win a major title from the three Wangs who seem to take turns to collect the trophies? And to do that 4 times in a row and twice beating none other than Wang Yihan, isn't that amazing?

To think or suspect that her two victories against WYH could be fixed is a bit too far-fetched for me. Who wouldn't want to win such a prestigious title as the All-England ? And then to lose again to the same upstart/junior the second time in front of her home crowd? Do you think WYH can stomach it even if it is team order under LYB, meekly and quietly accepting it without a murmur of protest? Imagine what effect it will have on all her teammates if LYB were to treat her so shabbily, everyone of them will be wondering when it will be their turn to be sacrificed like that at his whims and fancies when there is no compelling reason to do so to a top player who's been most outstanding among the 3 Wangs. Team spirit and morale will certainly take a big hit and the repercussions should things start to unravel would be too much for LYB to bear. Such a "tyrant" however capable he is will very soon come a cropper, how can he survive for so long and continue to produce such magnificent results year after year. Don't supposed LYB is that indispensable, surely China has a few other coaches just as capable and ready to step into his shoes anytime. The competition among the coaches is,I believe,just as intense and crazy as among the players - we are talking about China,not any country. I trust LYB to be hard-nosed,astute enough to know not to push his luck too far and risk losing all the hard-won gains he has accumulated over the years;for someone who has climbed so high,should he fall,he will fall very hard. To try to manipulate too much without considering foremost the players true capabilities and hurting their feelings as a result is a recipe for failure as a matter of time;otherwise there would have been many LYBs the world over,simply copy him as much as you can. India and Indonesia,for example,has the critical mass in terms of badminton population, they should be prime candidates to emulate LYB. Let's not over-rate or demonize this man, let's give him his due, but other factors are equally if not more important to China's enormous success. Ultimately,it boils down to the players own natural talents and hard work.

As we know,the best of plans can go awry, who is LYB to say he has everything under his control, that nothing will go wrong? We can only do the best we can ,and hope for the best.

Before end of the year, LXR will be seriously contending for WR#1 and stay there for an extended period. She has said she idolizes Lin Dan and she indeed has what it takes to be the female Lin Dan! Just look at the way she plays,she is only 21, still improving,growing and developing as a player - precisely,that's the scariest part for all her opponents!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The chinese team has found their most talented and strongest WS in LXR. LXR and WYH will be dominant force in women single over the next few years if they can prevent injury. LXR has to learn from Lin Dan how to prevent or minimize injury. Wang Lin is such a good player who was reduced by injury......

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Excellent,I couldn't have put it any better, esp the para. I highlighted in red.

By now, any doubts anybody has about her should be put to rest. For the longest time,since when , for the last one-and-a-half to two years, has anybody managed to win a major title from the three Wangs who seem to take turns to collect the trophies? And to do that 4 times in a row and twice beating none other than Wang Yihan, isn't that amazing?

To think or suspect that her two victories against WYH could be fixed is a bit too far-fetched for me. Who wouldn't want to win such a prestigious title as the All-England ? And then to lose again to the same upstart/junior the second time in front of her home crowd? Do you think WYH can stomach it even if it is team order under LYB, meekly and quietly accepting it without a murmur of protest? Imagine what effect it will have on all her teammates if LYB were to treat her so shabbily, everyone of them will be wondering when it will be their turn to be sacrificed like that at his whims and fancies when there is no compelling reason to do so to a top player who's been most outstanding among the 3 Wangs. Team spirit and morale will certainly take a big hit and the repercussions should things start to unravel would be too much for LYB to bear. Such a "tyrant" however capable he is will very soon come a cropper, how can he survive for so long and continue to produce such magnificent results year after year. Don't supposed LYB is that indispensable, surely China has a few other coaches just as capable and ready to step into his shoes anytime. The competition among the coaches is,I believe,just as intense and crazy as among the players - we are talking about China,not any country. I trust LYB to be hard-nosed,astute enough to know not to push his luck too far and risk losing all the hard-won gains he has accumulated over the years;for someone who has climbed so high,should he fall,he will fall very hard. To try to manipulate too much without considering foremost the players true capabilities and hurting their feelings as a result is a recipe for failure as a matter of time;otherwise there would have been many LYBs the world over,simply copy him as much as you can. India and Indonesia,for example,has the critical mass in terms of badminton population, they should be prime candidates to emulate LYB. Let's not over-rate or demonize this man, let's give him his due, but other factors are equally if not more important to China's enormous success. Ultimately,it boils down to the players own natural talents and hard work.

As we know,the best of plans can go awry, who is LYB to say he has everything under his control, that nothing will go wrong? We can only do the best we can ,and hope for the best.

Before end of the year, LXR will be seriously contending for WR#1 and stay there for an extended period. She has said she idolizes Lin Dan and she indeed has what it takes to be the female Lin Dan! Just look at the way she plays,she is only 21, still improving,growing and developing as a player - precisely,that's the scariest part for all her opponents!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    This is LXR thread.

It is harsh and untrue to say ZM left in disgrace. When I met her in China a few years ago people still seemed to like her....so I don't think everyone see her the same as you.
    Pardon me for reviving an old issue. I agree with you, Zhou Mi and Wang Chen going over to Hong Kong wasn't a national disgrace nor for lack of patriotism but simply a career move. My reason is that,to China and the Chinese people, Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China,the more so when she reunited with the motherland in 1997 after her 99 years of humiliation as a British colony.

Coming back to LXR, though I tend to agree that it's quite unfair to WSX considering her past contributions and I do feel sorry for her should she,as seems likely now,be replaced by LXR for the London OG,we are more or less agreed that LYB's ultimate objective is to ensure that China wins gold and not which particular Chinese player do so, and I'm sure all the Chinese players know that too. Nothing will get into his good books except the player's form and performance,as witnessed how he treated WYH by not selecting her for the 2010 Asian Games after her Uber Cup debacle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Pardon me for reviving an old issue. I agree with you, Zhou Mi and Wang Chen going over to Hong Kong wasn't a national disgrace nor for lack of patriotism but simply a career move. My reason is that,to China and the Chinese people, Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China,the more so when she reunited with the motherland in 1997 after her 99 years of humiliation as a British colony.

Coming back to LXR, though I tend to agree that it's quite unfair to WSX considering her past contributions and I do feel sorry for her should she,as seems likely now,be replaced by LXR for the London OG,we are more or less agreed that LYB's ultimate objective is to ensure that China wins gold and not which particular Chinese player do so, and I'm sure all the Chinese players know that too. Nothing will get into his good books except the player's form and performance,as witnessed how he treated WYH by not selecting her for the 2010 Asian Games after her Uber Cup debacle.
    I don't understand why IBF makes such a controversy rule - why allow the country to choose 3 out of the top 4? WSX is ranked #3 and she should be going to Olympic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a stupid rule concocted by the IOC...However China doesn't complain about it..in fact they love such ruling.

Imagine LXR couldn't qualify for the OG because she was the fourth Chinese player and then the top three girls underperformed..It will even become a bigger hoo hah considering LXR is capable enough to take all three of them out in one flick.

In all fairness nevertheless, WSX deserves to play because she is ranked higher. However, under these circumtances (with WSX playing like shi t, China is glad IOC is stupid enough to come out with such ruling and have LXR rise to the occasion at the right time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this player is ready to play a big role on a bigger stage. Analyse and observe her games since 2010, she has not won a single title from the Super Series because of team orders.

I mean for her age, she has to be subjected to team orders and match fixing to let her favourable compatriots win the tournament in the end. She has seen more defeats than victories from the start.

Any match to her is deemed as the same and she will play to her max abilities in every game.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    ---snip---
    I believe this player is ready to play a big role on a bigger stage. Analyse and observe her games since 2010, she has not won a single title from the Super Series because of team orders.

I mean for her age, she has to be subjected to team orders and match fixing to let her favourable compatriots win the tournament in the end. She has seen more defeats than victories from the start.
    ---snip---
    Maybe you'd care to explain your earlier post, in that case:

As far as i am concerned, i think LXR is playing very well these days and yes the All England final is definitely fixed...Wang Yihan committed far too many errors and she could actually afford to put a brave front smile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt LXR is the best WS player right now. If qualification is based of IBF ranking, the 3 Wang's should go to Olympics. Allow China to pick 3 out of the top 4 is like adding legs when drawing a snake. If IOC wants the best players in Olympics, then they should simply change the rule so that the qualification is based on the 6 months prior to Olympics. In that case, WYH, LXR and (WSX or WX) will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Maybe you'd care to explain your earlier post, in that case:
    Towards the end of the qualification period, put yourself in LYB's situation...you realise LXR can actually make it to the top 4 when she demonstrated she could reach final single handedly. Through such critical moment and uncertainties surrounding Nehwal's performance, why not use all your resources to make sure she makes it to the top four by the end of April.

Before that, LXR has been playing as the soldier helping the Wangs especially Wang Xin to win SS titles.

LXR's defeat record to Wang Xin last year:

SS All England (Walkover)
    SS Denmark Premier (Straight sets)
    SS French Open ( Straight sets)
    SS China Open (Thriller match as a result Wang Xin sustained a knee injury)

I find the defeat LXR suffered from Wang Xin extremely suspicious..seems to me Wang Xin didn't win most of her titles on Merit..especially the Hong Kong Open match semi-final against Wang Yihan. She won the match in straight sets and went to thrash Baun in the final.

The same can be said about Wang Shixian as well. Her China Masters 2011 and Korea Premier 2012 are completely given by Jiang Yanjiao whom i think has been paid to follow team orders and not to win.

Looking back at the results from last year of LXR's progress, i think she is one player China has completely overlooked and spent too much time concentrating on the Three Wangs en route to the Olympic qualification. She started to prove everyone wrong the moment she lifted that German Open trophy by thrashing Schenk when it was actually the tournament Wang Xin should have won.
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 05-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast