User Tag List

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    why would she go all out and risk injury a few weeks before OLY in a tournament which doesn't count?

For WSX, yes, I think she did go all out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    agree, it makes no sense.

but that's also what happened in the match against WYH. she was playing a really fast game.
    i missed a very important point.

of course they will go all out. they want to go to London and beating Saina convincing would buy most of the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wa! How can u miss that!!!

Thank you, thank you. You made my day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree, it makes no sense.

but that's also what happened in the match against WYH. she was playing a really fast game.

which brings up to something funny. maybe she is still thinking about 1st game take all, and lost focus on the 2nd/3rd games against Saina.
    Did u mean WSX? WSX was fighting for her life in the match against Saina. If she wins against Saina, at least there might still be a slight chance she can go to London. If she loses, she knows she might end up like Zhu Lin.

WSX didn't care about injury, fatigue, blah, blah and blah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Thank you, thank you. You made my day!
    you just ruined my (work) day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen it, but sometimes Nonchalance or relaxed play is a sign of tiredness. It is common it young players to blow them selves out at the beggining of matches.

It is very tiring to control a game, and if the other player does little because she is just picking up the shuttle they will still be fresh. Stamina comes with age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    I haven't seen it, but sometimes Nonchalance or relaxed play is a sign of tiredness. It is common it young players to blow them selves out at the beggining of matches.

It is very tiring to control a game, and if the other player does little because she is just picking up the shuttle they will still be fresh. Stamina comes with age.
    Here u go. LXR vs Nehwal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with pcll99, only WSX went all out as she was the one who needed most to prove herself, and that match would be enough for CHN to gauge Saina's state of readiness and overall condition. For WSX,only a convincing performance can score important points for her London bid, it's almost like a do or die for her. The other three,like the rest of the Olympians Chen Jin and Chen Long, not necessary nor want to risk injury. It also partly explains why all three WS had close calls with certain opponents, WX vs CSC, WYH vs TB, and LXR vs PB.

And if LXR went all out in the match,then the sudden loss of form between G1 and 2/3 in one and the same match was puzzling. Another strange point was Zhang Ning's (and Xia Xuanze for the MS as well) conspicuous absence in the tournament. As for WYH - LXR SF match, they could play freely as it wouldn't matter who they met in the final, Saina or Sung, since it has no bearing on OG qualification.

As for one-game policy between CHN players sometimes, that thought shouldn't crossed LXR's mind as CHN players aren't conditioned to play that way against foreigners. Nonchalance a sign of fatigue,I feel,is also less likely as LXR is known to fight even better in the decider. All in all,I suspect CHN was treating the INA Open as a pre-Olympic warm-up and to study their competitors without revealing too much of their own preparation. Let's not forget,players like Sho Sasaki, Lee Hyun Il, Shon Wan Ho,etc, also exited early in the tournament.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it is likely CHN players will be treating IO, SO as warm up. You often get strNge results shortly after a qualifying period and before big tournaments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are some of you guys suggsting that LXR didn't know if she was playing a China player or a non-China player? Is that the reasoning for the first-game-winner-takes-all theory offered for the finals match? Or maybe she was blinded by the lights? Or maybe she wasn't aware that she still had a coach in her corner, meaning it was not a CHN-CHN match?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i missed a very important point.

of course they will go all out. they want to go to London and beating Saina convincing would buy most of the ticket.
    er, sorry boss, I have to slightly disagree with that.

I think LYB had more or less already decided who will go to London after Uber Cup. (But obviously he won't tell us just yet.) After Uber and before the Olympics, LYB has two priorities only:

(1) No injury;
    (2) Concealing strengths until the very end.

Deceiving the enemies is of course Chapter 1 of the Art of War. No offense to anyone, but I think everything LYB does or says is simply part of a overall "plan".
    Last edited by pcll99; 06-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LYB had more or less already decided who will go to London after Uber Cup. (But obviously he won't tell us just yet.) After Uber and before the Olympics, LYB has two priorities only:

(1) No injury;

Deceiving the enemies is of course Chapter 1 of the Art of War. No offense to anyone, but I think everything LYB does or says is simply part of a overall "plan".
    Hmm, very interesting point on LYB's two priorities.

1st point,easy to follow - don't go all-out, don't push yourself too hard, know when to let it go - that's how to minimise injury risk. I supposed all his charges understand this instruction though it may be somewhat constraining.

2nd point, not so easy to follow, may be a bit tricky for a relatively young and inexperienced player like LXR to implement it, esp for a fast and furious attacking style like hers. Lin Dan can do it pretty well as evidenced by his ability to switch or play at different paces or styles to suit various opponents. I'm not so sure about LXR,perhaps the more experienced WYH can do it much better as she has an all-rounded style as well. How is LXR going to make of this instruction, made worse when her coach ZN wasn't even around to guide her?

Good,I actually like this thought-provoking post of yours very much with reference to Sun Zi's Art of War.
    Last edited by Justin L; 06-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

12. Likes pcll99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Hmm, very interesting point on LYB's two priorities.

2nd point, not so easy to follow, may be a bit tricky for a relatively young and inexperienced player like LXR to implement it, esp for a fast and furious attacking style like hers. Lin Dan can do it pretty well as evidenced by his ability to switch or play at different paces or styles to suit various opponents. I'm not so sure about LXR,perhaps the more experienced WYH can do it much better as she has an all-rounded style as well. How is LXR going to make of this instruction, made worse when her coach ZN wasn't even around to guide her?

The girls are usually much better in concealing, acting and "performing" than males.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(1) No injury;

he might have. but did he tell his charges?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB might have told them what he had decided. The "Chosen Ones" must have started pre-Olympic training in early June (ie, right after Uber), which is why ZH and her master TXH are not there in Jarkata and Singapore. They are back at home planning and working out the training plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB might have told them what he had decided. The "Chosen Ones" must have started pre-Olympic training in early June (ie, right after Uber), which is why ZH and her master TXH are not there in Jarkata and Singapore. They are back at home planning and working out the training plan.
    you beat me to that and i tend to agree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Yongbo has Sun Zu reference to strategise his team game.

Tang XianHu has his own Wumu Yishu (Yue Fei Military Manual) which is why he produced so many champions aka Lin Dan, Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng

Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui, Wang Xin and Wang Shixian must train under him. Zhang Ning is not good enough to bring the best out of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, there's a general agreement emerging that the girls can't be left on their own, because they'd mess things up!

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast