User Tag List

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 443 to 459 of 830
  1. #443
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,911
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjai7373 View Post
    gillian clark is rooting against chinese players for sure just like morten frost lolz.
    In fact I heard Morten Frost singling out WZM (CHN) as a future star together with VA (DEN).
    Last edited by Loh; 07-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #444
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's been a little chatter about the possibility that LXR may have won some of the matches against WYH under "suspicious" circumstances. Lets take a look at the h-h record so far, for LXR against other China players.

    LXR 3 - WYH 4. (LXR won the last 3 encounters. She is a tall girl though not as tall as WYH, but is a more mobile and all-round attacker. Could this be the reason why she finally has WYH's number?)

    LXR 0 - WX 5. (LXR last played WX in November 2011 at the China Open. She has improved since, but never met WX in match-play. Either way, WX is one wily customer, and has a faster, more attacking game than LXR; maybe this doesn't suit LXR's style, also remember WX is a southpaw and this becomes a huge factor for/against some players.)

    LXR 0 - WSX 2. Again, they last squared off in December 2011 in the Macau Open. LXR has improved since last year, so, who knows?

    LXR 2 - Jiang Yanjiao 0. JYJ is a southpaw but with a style more like WSX than WX; maybe this accounts for the reason why she could never pose a threat to LXR, even back in June 2011?

    LXR 2 - Liu Xin 2. Liu Xin had a 2-1 lead over LXR until mid-2011, while LXR was still going through her formative phase, but LXR squared it in October 2011.

    LXR 1 Chen Xiao Jia 0. I watched that match. LXR was "doing too many things" and yet she managed to finish in straight games.

    LXR 0 Han Li 1. A possible future rivalry to watch out for? The tall Han Li's rise in the past 6-8 months has been tremendous; either she caught LXR off-guard, or this is the real thing.

    For LXR to obtain the results she has been getting in the past 6 months, she has to beat not only her own mates, but a lot of players from other countries, some of who had been beating her until recently. This indicated a definite improvement in form and ability. This also shows increased confidence.

    The only worrying aspect was again, (e.g. at the IO PSS 2012) that dependancy factor on Elder Sister; but then again, which player does not depend on a particular coach who he/she bonds with better than others?

  3. #445
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Her past encounters with WX are obviously rigged in SS meetings. WX suffered the most early round exits than WSX and WYH so she needs all the help she could get from any lower ranked teammates to earn back the points she supposed to collect.

    All England final 2012 was partially rigged in a way WYH played like a clumsy player and made sure the game finished in straight sets. Her so-called bad judgement of the shuttle when it was a foot out of the sideline revealed the game was fixed to let LXR compete with WSX for the third OG place.

    If LXR played seriously against WX, i am pretty sure WX will be defeated hands down. Sadly in this coming tournament, the Chinese internal rules dictate that the experienced and most illustrious player should advance.

    LXR, just play your part and do your best to reach the semi. Whether you get a chance to win a gold or not, depends how WYH and WX choke.

  4. #446
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Supposing her coach Zhang Ning's words are to be taken seriously when she pointed out LXR's present weaknesses as lacking in stamina and experience, then I'd say it's very likely her first problem is presumably solved,leaving her inexperience as the Achilles' heel,so to speak. How far she can progress in the Olympics is very much in her own hands,I believe. In the last analysis,nobody can really do much for her,not even the best coach on the planet, when she steps onto the court - the same goes for everybody,I'm sure.

    Suffice for me to say,the once-in-four-years event is also a once-in-a-lifetime dream for many if not every athlete, renowned or unknown, to become a hero or a flop,nobody is spared;everyone has an equal chance to create history on the world's grandest stage barring unforeseen circumstances.

    For now, I can only say,whether her hope turns into fulfillment or futility,we shall soon see - she,LXR,shall overcome, that's my wish for her.

  5. #447
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Supposing her coach Zhang Ning's words are to be taken seriously when she pointed out LXR's present weaknesses as lacking in stamina and experience, then I'd say it's very likely her first problem is presumably solved,leaving her inexperience as the Achilles' heel,so to speak. How far she can progress in the Olympics is very much in her own hands,I believe. In the last analysis,nobody can really do much for her,not even the best coach on the planet, when she steps onto the court - the same goes for everybody,I'm sure.

    Suffice for me to say,the once-in-four-years event is also a once-in-a-lifetime dream for many if not every athlete, renowned or unknown, to become a hero or a flop,nobody is spared;everyone has an equal chance to create history on the world's grandest stage barring unforeseen circumstances.

    For now, I can only say,whether her hope turns into fulfillment or futility,we shall soon see - she,LXR,shall overcome, that's my wish for her.
    As long as WYH and WX progress together with LXR, LXR will not have the chance to prove herself.

    She has to hope for either of them to choke (depending on which half) so she doesnt have to subject herself to match-fixing.

    Bear in mind it's the Olympics, I want WYH to go all the way to gold medal match to finish it once and for all. I can say she will be in deep trouble if Nehwal is in her half while LXR are to battle it out with WX.

    Monday will reveal their chances as well as LXR.


    PS: The same flashbacks in 2004 and 2000. There is always a strong opponent in the Olympics. If Dai Yun and Gong Ruina never get defeated in the semifinal, there wont be any match fixing between YZY and GZC followed by ZM and ZN.

    2008 the Chinese were extremely grately because guess what, out of nowhere there's one girl called Maria defeated removed all three threats one by one for them (Schenk, Baun and Nehwal).

    Will we see another deja vu in 2012 or another uprising darkhorse (could be Bae Younjoo or Taiphoon) to help the Chinese mitigate their threats?
    Last edited by repentedboy; 07-20-2012 at 05:26 AM.

  6. #448
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saina, Maria & Schenk were relatively very new to the circuit then not much matches to expose there weaknesses then... But this time the field has realtively played each other more often to know wht the opponents can throw for the top 20-30 players, if someone comes out of the blues... then you never know... but it doesnt looks like anyones a surprise element this time... I can be the generous best and atmost expect 1-2 upset till the QF level. Then its these top 5-6 players who would fight it out.

  7. #449
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Saina, Maria & Schenk were relatively very new to the circuit then not much matches to expose there weaknesses then... But this time the field has realtively played each other more often to know wht the opponents can throw for the top 20-30 players, if someone comes out of the blues... then you never know... but it doesnt looks like anyones a surprise element this time... I can be the generous best and atmost expect 1-2 upset till the QF level. Then its these top 5-6 players who would fight it out.
    Keep your praises and comments about non-Chinese players elsewhere. I have been seeing a lot of off-topic/side-tracked comments from you especially in the other treads regarding Chinese WS.

    This tread revolves around Li Xuerui and her Chinese campaign in London.

  8. #450
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Saina, Maria & Schenk were relatively very new to the circuit then not much matches to expose there weaknesses then... But this time the field has realtively played each other more often to know wht the opponents can throw for the top 20-30 players, if someone comes out of the blues... then you never know... but it doesnt looks like anyones a surprise element this time... I can be the generous best and atmost expect 1-2 upset till the QF level. Then its these top 5-6 players who would fight it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Keep your praises and comments about non-Chinese players elsewhere. I have been seeing a lot of off-topic/side-tracked comments from you especially in the other treads regarding Chinese WS.

    This tread revolves around Li Xuerui and her Chinese campaign in London.
    This thread is about LXR. If people (for example, "miqilin7") have used this (and other) threads to discuss other players in seeming reference to anything else, then that's fine. Just as you have posted seemingly unconnected comments about certain players in unrelated threads. One finds notes about other players in many threads not dedicated to those players. It's commonplace, actually. There is no need to react so violently. Let the mods decide when and where to draw the line.

    However, to be clear, this thread is about LXR the badminton player, and NOT about her "Li Xuerui and her Chinese campaign in London ." if you don't find this suitable to your agenda, obviously you are on the wrong thread. If you can find it in you to be inclusive and understand that the post #448 was in no way derogatory but actually in direct context of your very comments in post #447, then that's good. If not, then you've clearly (and sadly, not for the first time) exposed your prejudices, to my thinking.

  9. #451
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't need to dig deep in the past just a couple of comments of yours reveal whats in your mind and what are you trying to accuse others for, looks like you are trying to give back something which you have recieved yourself in the past in certain other threads but dear you are trying to do so to a wrong note.
    In the below quote
    Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Saina, Maria & Schenk were relatively very new to the circuit then not much matches to expose there weaknesses then... But this time the field has realtively played each other more often to know wht the opponents can throw for the top 20-30 players, if someone comes out of the blues... then you never know... but it doesnt looks like anyones a surprise element this time... I can be the generous best and atmost expect 1-2 upset till the QF level. Then its these top 5-6 players who would fight it out.
    neither I intended nor it came out in a way which has been derogatory to LXR or to any one for that matter, while you comeback saying

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Keep your praises and comments about non-Chinese players elsewhere. I have been seeing a lot of off-topic/side-tracked comments from you especially in the other treads regarding Chinese WS.

    This tread revolves around Li Xuerui and her Chinese campaign in London.
    I would like to know, if you understand where and which portion of my comment you felt was not in the context of your post and was off-topic?

    Let me remind you, rather You wishing for a WYH win in LXR thread is derogatory to LXR.
    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    I want WYH to go all the way to gold medal match to finish it once and for all.
    You accusing LXR of cheating and foul play by accusing her of rigged matches in the past in her own thread are derogatoryfor her, for her fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Her past encounters with WX are obviously rigged in SS meetings. WX suffered the most early round exits than WSX and WYH so she needs all the help she could get from any lower ranked teammates to earn back the points she supposed to collect.

    All England final 2012 was partially rigged in a way WYH played like a clumsy player and made sure the game finished in straight sets. Her so-called bad judgement of the shuttle when it was a foot out of the sideline revealed the game was fixed to let LXR compete with WSX for the third OG place.
    If you have any issues with any of my comments in other threads, lets go and tackle it in those threads, I am very much excited to hear what have you got to say... about off-topic discussions, trying to fuel up rage, derogatory comments regarding other countries, coaches and players...

    cheers..!!
    Last edited by gopalprasad; 07-30-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  10. #452
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Grats to li xue rui for reaching her 1st final of OG... She and WYH really had a smooth sailing run in the WS category so far. All the best to Li xue rui and i'm sure we will get to see a fantastic battle 2moro

  11. #453
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,911
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now with IOC backing, there is no reason why LXR has to deliberately submit to WYH in the WS final. On the other hand LYB has to be careful not to be involved in further match manipulations, unlike in the SS.

    BWF should from now onwards be more confident to wield a heavier hand on wrongdoers.

    We should therefore expect a more exciting WS final.

  12. #454
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    As long as WYH and WX progress together with LXR, LXR will not have the chance to prove herself.

    She has to hope for either of them to choke (depending on which half) so she doesnt have to subject herself to match-fixing.

    Bear in mind it's the Olympics, I want WYH to go all the way to gold medal match to finish it once and for all. I can say she will be in deep trouble if Nehwal is in her half while LXR are to battle it out with WX.

    Monday will reveal their chances as well as LXR.


    PS: The same flashbacks in 2004 and 2000. There is always a strong opponent in the Olympics. If Dai Yun and Gong Ruina never get defeated in the semifinal, there wont be any match fixing between YZY and GZC followed by ZM and ZN.

    2008 the Chinese were extremely grately because guess what, out of nowhere there's one girl called Maria defeated removed all three threats one by one for them (Schenk, Baun and Nehwal).

    Will we see another deja vu in 2012 or another uprising darkhorse (could be Bae Younjoo or Taiphoon) to help the Chinese mitigate their threats?
    So dude, what you said above screw up, kaput...WX/WYH did not choke and 'WX-LXR progressed together'. LXR ko WX and all your dark horsies gone out to pasture, they become horse meat, they are done and out. WSF will be all out, and I predict LXR wins.

  13. #455
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    So dude, what you said above screw up, kaput...WX/WYH did not choke and 'WX-LXR progressed together'. LXR ko WX and all your dark horsies gone out to pasture, they become horse meat, they are done and out. WSF will be all out, and I predict LXR wins.
    Uncle, have you placed heavy bets on LXR?

  14. #456
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Uncle, have you placed heavy bets on LXR?
    No bets, just predict she will win.

  15. #457
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    So dude, what you said above screw up, kaput...WX/WYH did not choke and 'WX-LXR progressed together'. LXR ko WX and all your dark horsies gone out to pasture, they become horse meat, they are done and out. WSF will be all out, and I predict LXR wins.
    LOL! Horsemeat!!
    Congratulations to LXR for reaching the OG finals! Amazing run since the end of last year!

  16. #458
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    So dude, what you said above screw up, kaput...WX/WYH did not choke and 'WX-LXR progressed together'. LXR ko WX and all your dark horsies gone out to pasture, they become horse meat, they are done and out. WSF will be all out, and I predict LXR wins.
    I said all have the potential to choke because of pressure. I must say WX is very lucky to face not so difficult opponents.

    Adriyanti Firdasari performed exceptionally poor and that was very disappointing from an Indonesian prospect in WS.

    Schenk's shocking defeat to Ratchanok was the turning point to WX's chance of making it to the last 4.

    Ratchanok's inexperienced and inability to last in three games have cost her dearly yet again. But whatever, what's happened has happened. Wang Xin is to face Nehwal for the bronze.

    WYH and LXR (especially WYH) have exceeded everyone's expectations. Well done.

  17. #459
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mentioned to chris that RI wouldnt be able to sustain the pace she plays at into three games. Shenplays fast and furious, but to last the dostance yneed to control the game.

    Lxr is similar in this respect, but has more firepower than RI

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)
    By taufik_lin16 in forum Korea Professional Players
    Replies: 3319
    : 09-21-2014, 04:21 AM
  2. Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )
    By tbleong in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 10031
    : 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
  3. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  4. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  5. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •