User Tag List

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    I mentioned to chris that RI wouldnt be able to sustain the pace she plays at into three games. Shenplays fast and furious, but to last the dostance yneed to control the game.

Lxr is similar in this respect, but has more firepower than RI
    Had Schenk progressed to the QF, WX would have lost.

LXR still has what it takes to defeat Schenk. Overall I say it was a close shave for WX.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    As long as WYH and WX progress together with LXR, LXR will not have the chance to prove herself.

She has to hope for either of them to choke (depending on which half) so she doesnt have to subject herself to match-fixing.

Bear in mind it's the Olympics, I want WYH to go all the way to gold medal match to finish it once and for all. I can say she will be in deep trouble if Nehwal is in her half while LXR are to battle it out with WX.

Monday will reveal their chances as well as LXR.

Well, WYH spanked Nehwall so what you said WYH 'will be in deep trouble if Nehwal is in her half while LXR are to battle it out with WX' is screwed again.

WYH and LXR (especially WYH) have exceeded everyone's expectations. Well done.
    Read slowly, you said in your post 'as long as WYH and WX progress together with LXR, LXR will not have the chance to prove herself. She has to hope for either of them to choke (depending on which half) so she doesnt have to subject herself to match-fixing'.

So WX and WYH no choking and marched on with LXR to SF, so where was the match fixed for WX to win, da? Here you choke in your prediction.

[QUOTE=repentedboy;1951148]Had Schenk progressed to the QF, WX would have lost.

That is a moot point WX would lose to JS, the reason JS did not make it past QF was because she was not good. As for you saying WYH/LXR have exceeded everyone's expectation, well, these 2 gals garnered the most votes in the poll to win, that means most BCers expect either one to win, and I say LXR wins.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui !!!
    Name:  lxr-LOG2012.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  24.0 KB
    Last edited by cobalt; 08-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chinese badminton player Li Xuerui wins Olympic women's singles gold
    English.news.cn 2012-08-04

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._123528510.htm

LONDON, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- China's badminton player Li Xuerui beat her teammate Wang Yihan in three games to acquire the gold medal of women's singles on Saturday afternoon.

Results of the sets were 21-15, 21-23 and 21-17. World No.1 seed Wang snatched the silver.

Earlier another Chinese player Wang Xin withdrew from the bronze medal match against Indian player Saina Nehwal after winning a game already due to injury, leaving the bronze medal to Nehwal.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Portrait of a not-exactly-average, happy teenage Chinese girl...

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-04.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  32.9 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-03.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-02.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-05.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-01.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  138.1 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-06.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-07.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-08.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-09.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  lxr-LOG2012-10.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  10.0 KB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's relax and stayed calm yesterday even when she lost second game with narrow margin, still consistent in decider and she won gold. Veni, vidi, vici for Li Xuerui!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    She's relax and stayed calm yesterday even when she lost second game with narrow margin, still consistent in decider and she won gold. Veni, vidi, vici for Li Xuerui!
    she also stayed calm even she won the gold medal point yesterday. She is a very steady and calm player, she is not as emotional as WSX or WYH on court. That's a good sign.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to LXR, the unassuming girl who came out of nowhere to eliminate the three so-called "Great Wangs" just in time to be crowned 2012 London Olympics champion.

Thankfully LYB did not make another horrendous blunder by rightfully selecting LXR over the third Wang. In any case I think he preferred WYH to win.

Unfortunately l missed that great match.

ZN must be cursing she spent so much time on WYH and yet not getting the desired results.
    Last edited by Loh; 08-04-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Xin's career is going end thanks to this injury. Li Xuerui, it's all your fault. She just ruined one player's career. that's not what i want to see...deep sadness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without LXR, WYH should be the winner of Olympics Gold medal this year and become the true No.1 WS in China. With a rise of LXR, WYH should accept that LXR is equally talent as compared to herself and may be better in some aspect. I hope WYH will continue to improve take the gold at age of 28 like Zhang Ning in 2016.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LXR should get a praise from you

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    This is the player who had broken three hearts:

Wang Shixian: She did not get selected and instead China decided to go for Li Xuerui because she had a better h2h with other foreign opponents.

Wang Xin: Why Li Xuerui did not choose to play Nehwal in the bronze; why play a serious match with Wang Xin. China has assured a gold for WS so they would want to sweep all medals from that category. In the end, Wang Xin had to battle Nehwal hard and finally injured her knee to forfeit the game.

Wang Yihan: This player had worked so hard for the past two years to return to the good books and she had a tough draw against hard opponents to reach the final. Li Xuerui came out of nowhere to defeat her and took away her gold medal, the only major title to cap a wonderful career of Wang Yihan.

There you go, Li Xuerui has broken and messed up three good players' hearts and who knows how Li Xuerui will be treated by her teammates in the future. All three of them must be very angry and so cheated by this girl.

My message to the three Wangs:

Wang Shixian: Chin up and work hard for the next Olympics

Wang Yihan: Take it easy and do not let that defeat put you down

Wang Xin: Get well soon and stay strong!!!
    I have been trying to ignore your posts for quite a long time now. But this post of yours has really upset me, LXR and her fans (that I need to reply your post).

How on earth can you accuse LXR to have broken the three hearts (namely, of WYH, WSX and WX) when she has entered the Olympic Games to play at her very best?

LXR is now the 2012 London Olympics Womens Singles GOLD medalist. All Olympians would like to do so.

You are telling us that she prevented WYH, WSX and WX from winning the GOLD medal?

I don't get you. All Olympians should perform their best at the Olympics. And LXR has done so.

Therefore, LXR should get a praise from you. But you have complained about her achievement. I really couldn't follow your thoughts.

IMHO, your thoughts are really weird (sorry to say so).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-05-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I have been trying to ignore your posts for quite a long time now. But this post of yours has really upset me, LXR and her fans (that I need to reply your post).

How on earth can you accuse LXR to have broken the three hearts (namely, of WYH, WSX and WX) when she has entered the Olympic Games to play at her very best?

LXR is now the 2012 London Olympics Womens Singles GOLD medalist. All Olympians would like to do so.

You are telling us that she prevented WYH, WSX and WX from winning the GOLD medal?

I don't get you. All Olympians should perform their best at the Olympics. And LXR has done so.

Therefore, LXR should get a praise from you. But you have complained about her achievement. I really couldn't follow your thoughts.

I am sure he/she is an anti-LXR. hmm.. 'All Olympians should perform their best at the Olympics', LXR has done it, she did her best to prove to the world she is the best at the moment. Unlike her seniors and the Koreans who did not perform at their best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to LXR and she has deservingly being crowned The Olympic GOLD medalist... with age on her side she would definitely achive much more accolades for herself and for her country... whoever said/says she should give away her matches and settle for something less must be an idiot!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She showed a tremendous form last few months. Although being a WYH fan, she definitely deserved this win. I wouldn't say her play is without errors, but she is so fast and attacking around the court that the opponent cannot make ONE error. An error-free match is needed to throw her off her feet.

But the big question is ... when will she implode. We've seen numerous examples of players rising to the top faster than an ICBM and then crashing afterwards. I really hope that CBA keeps this in mind. Eventually, she will break somewhere, it's the coaches task to foresee this and anticipate. Keep her feet firmly on the ground.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantaSCSI View Post
    She showed a tremendous form last few months. Although being a WYH fan, she definitely deserved this win. I wouldn't say her play is without errors, but she is so fast and attacking around the court that the opponent cannot make ONE error. An error-free match is needed to throw her off her feet.

But the big question is ... when will she implode. We've seen numerous examples of players rising to the top faster than an ICBM and then crashing afterwards. I really hope that CBA keeps this in mind. Eventually, she will break somewhere, it's the coaches task to foresee this and anticipate. Keep her feet firmly on the ground.
    yes, i agree with the bold statement. but LXR is very calm, before, during and after the match.

I don't see her breaking down.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post

Evidently, you've missed all the hate posts agaisnt Saina all over the WS threads, the OG threads, and the Internet, all from the same toxic source...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    yes, i agree with the bold statement. but LXR is very calm, before, during and after the match.

I don't see her breaking down.
    she seems to be a smart thinking player. patiently waiting for her chances during a rally and then go for the kill when she sees fit. when in occasions she makes a mistake, she would pause or sometime even sit down as if she is re-thinking what she did wrong.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast