User Tag List

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    she seems to be a smart thinking player. patiently waiting for her chances during a rally and then go for the kill when she sees fit. when in occasions she makes a mistake, she would pause or sometime even sit down as if she is re-thinking what she did wrong.
    You're absolutely on the money! To add: I think she has come to terms very quickly with one very important fact, and that is that in every tournament, she will sooner or later have to do her own thinking and planning, because she will come up against another China player. She has done what some of the other girls (more experienced than her, older than her) have not accomplished: she has weaned herself off the dependancy factor. That IMO is the crucial difference.

BTW, did you just use a broom here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    she seems to be a smart thinking player. patiently waiting for her chances during a rally and then go for the kill when she sees fit. when in occasions she makes a mistake, she would pause or sometime even sit down as if she is re-thinking what she did wrong.
    Exactly. I an way she is just like Schenk. Able to overcome a challenge and adapt without having a coach nearby. I greatly admire this in Schenk's play and LXR is the same whereas WYH tends to need some more guidance and something to hold on to.

One thing is for sure, dear ladies singles, bow to the completeness on court named LXR :P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXR is the lone princess warrior! WYH is definitely not looking happy out there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Li Xuerui! Her work rate was very impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulaion LXR.........u r the best.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I have read them

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Evidently, you've missed all the hate posts agaisnt Saina all over the WS threads, the OG threads, and the Internet, all from the same toxic source...
    I have read them; but didn't have time to confront those posts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats to LXR for winning the WS gold medal
    A truly deserving champion.. Was quite impressed with her racket skill.. As i mentioned earlier, her style of play is just like XXF...She also proves her worth and prove to CBA that is is a correct choice of choosing her to the OG2012...really impressive....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She will be shunned by her teammates from now on. The story continues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    well, there is always rivalry within the team. then ld shud be shunned by all his teammates including the men's single headcoach, xia xuanze as well based on your theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Well jealousy is bound to happen. But the others will also admire her for her Olympic achievement so early in her carreer.

As I believe she is such a humble girl with little or no pretenses, her elder sisters will soon
    forgive her and instead try to emulate some of her virtues. They also need her in team events like the Uber Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she is really the miracle in Olympics. She has never played at the World Championship, the Sudirman Cup, and the Asian Games, but she just won the Olympics Champion. What an impressive triple jump.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But at least she was seeded!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rightfully so!

She came by the backdoor and was almost shut out. How cruel it would have been to rob her of the highest accolade- the Olympic golden crown!

At least LYB can be congratulated to have done the right thing in his entire controversial career as head coach.

It is now left to LXR whether she could attain greater heights by securing the World No.1 WS ranking and a back-to-back Olympic title in Rio 2016!

SN will have to work very much harder to unseat LXR. But some BCers have very high hopes that SN will prevail in the end ... But when?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Not only for Badminton, but for all sports

As for me, any World TOP 8 ranked player/pair able to win GOLD at the Olympic Games is not an upset or a surprise. Not only for Badminton, but for all other sports (included in the Olympic Games).

For Li Xuerui (ranked at World No.3 and seeded), winning the GOLD WS medal, I wasn't quite surprised.

All we can say is: Well Done Li Xuerui !!!
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just imagine!

If she had not had a brain-fade and lost the IO PSS finals (no disrespect to SN - she played a brilliant, well-thought-out match), LXR would still be on an extended, unbeaten run!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui, O Li Xuerui, I'm speechless!

It's often said, a picture speaks a thousand words, I'd like to add a video shows a million. Just watching her matches vs Tai TY , Wang Xin and Wang Yihan that were shown on youtube, I was mesmerised, swept off my feet,sweet surrender to her all-conquering overpowering way to the final moments from her immediate triumphant reaction on court to the dreamy disbelieving yet calm demeanour on the winner's podium - it was a scene most memorable,pure simple joy and utmost delight tinged with innocence, a dream come true even for her fans.

I'd say LXR's glorious victory was even more stunning than Lin Dan's whose double Olympic gold feat was almost like deja vu, spectacularly breath-taking yet not totally unexpected as he did it yet again like many times before.

For Lin Dan it was a phenomenal achievement like no other in badminton, once more reinforcing and establishing him as the Greatest of All Time with a record that would be unassailable for decades to come.

For Li Xuerui, is it the beginning of her era? Will it be her destiny to dominate WS the way Lin Dan does in the MS? I'm wondering and beginning to entertain such thoughts, let the future tell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Li Xuerui will be a greater player than Lin Dan (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    For Lin Dan it was a phenomenal achievement like no other in badminton, once more reinforcing and establishing him as the Greatest of All Time with a record that would be unassailable for decades to come.

For Li Xuerui, is it the beginning of her era? Will it be her destiny to dominate WS the way Lin Dan does in the MS? I'm wondering and beginning to entertain such thoughts, let the future tell.
    IMHO, Li Xuerui will be a greater player than Lin Dan.

Lin Dan's reputation has been tarnished by engaging in match-fixing to help his teammates (CJ and CL) by giving them free ranking points in the past. Probably it's because it is his obedience to the CHN's system. But it is not good for us, as Badminton fans, wishing to follow/know who is our best Badminton player.

I hope LXR would continue without participating match-fixing, and show us that Badminton is a true sport (not an acting show).

Let's hope that WYH, WX and WSX will try to fight hard to compete against LXR.

No more match-fixing please.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast