User Tag List

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether LXR can be greater than Lin Dan is pure wishful thinking,too far-fetched to even bring it up at this point but I would be mighty pleased if she can do it one day.

As to match-fixing tarnishing Lin Dan's reputation, that to me is a very unfair thing to say about about him simply because he didn't benefit from it;on the contrary, in China ,a developing country of state-funded sports without which many athletes would still be living a life of obscurity, where it's all for one and one for all and nation before self, Lin Dan's willingness to help his countrymen without breaking the rules is understandable. He could have won everything for himself but instead shown his unselfishness, giving of himself,be the sacrificer occasionally. Besides,we know why it happened,it's the BWF limiting/restrictive rule for Olympic qualification and which country/coach wouldn't try their best to meet the quota legally? Ah,let's not flog a dead horse here in LXR's thread,please. What's more,we shouldn't be armchair critics and try to empathize if not sympathise with him;at the very least,try to see it in perspective,in a more balanced view, instead of just pinpointing it out of proportion.

Lest anybody thinks I'm trying to justify it, a cursory check of my other posts on this subject would immediately disabuse you of it. I believe a solution for it can be found soon (eg, limit to two participants per nation ranked in the top 16) or when these professional players become fully independent one day.

As far as I'm concerned,Lin Dan did nothing to detract from his greatness. Perhaps some would like to recall his altercations with Li Mao and his coach Ji Xinpeng in his younger impetuous years for which he's outgrown and mellowed down? Or his one too many tattoos, not being clean-shaven and keeping a goatee? Or he's so-called lack of sportsmanship as a few claimed for not shaking his opponents' hands first before his wild ecstatic celebrations? In that case , Lin Dan wouldn't be Lin Dan - he is not a saint, he is just the greatest badminton player on Earth. Take him for what he is,warts and all.

As an aside,about his cross tattoo on his left arm that some people thought he's become a Christian: I've read somewhere that he's an atheist and that the tattoo is to honour his grandmother who believes in Christianity and often prays for him before his every tournament. Peace,tolerance,loving-kindness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow No more match-fixing please

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Whether LXR can be greater than Lin Dan is pure wishful thinking,too far-fetched to even bring it up at this point but I would be mighty pleased if she can do it one day.

As to match-fixing tarnishing Lin Dan's reputation, that to me is a very unfair thing to say about about him simply because he didn't benefit from it;on the contrary, in China ,a developing country of state-funded sports without which many athletes would still be living a life of obscurity, where it's all for one and one for all and nation before self, Lin Dan's willingness to help his countrymen without breaking the rules is understandable. He could have won everything for himself but instead shown his unselfishness, giving of himself,be the sacrificer occasionally. Besides,we know why it happened,it's the BWF limiting/restrictive rule for Olympic qualification and which country/coach wouldn't try their best to meet the quota legally? Ah,let's not flog a dead horse here in LXR's thread,please. What's more,we shouldn't be armchair critics and try to empathize if not sympathise with him;at the very least,try to see it in perspective,in a more balanced view, instead of just pinpointing it out of proportion.

Lest anybody thinks I'm trying to justify it, a cursory check of my other posts on this subject would immediately disabuse you of it. I believe a solution for it can be found soon (eg, limit to two participants per nation ranked in the top 16) or when these professional players become fully independent one day.

As far as I'm concerned,Lin Dan did nothing to detract from his greatness. Perhaps some would like to recall his altercations with Li Mao and his coach Ji Xinpeng in his younger impetuous years for which he's outgrown and mellowed down? Or his one too many tattoos, not being clean-shaven and keeping a goatee? Or he's so-called lack of sportsmanship as a few claimed for not shaking his opponents' hands first before his wild ecstatic celebrations? In that case , Lin Dan wouldn't be Lin Dan - he is not a saint, he is just the greatest badminton player on Earth. Take him for what he is,warts and all.

As an aside,about his cross tattoo on his left arm that some people thought he's become a Christian: I've read somewhere that he's an atheist and that the tattoo is to honour his grandmother who believes in Christianity and often prays for him before his every tournament. Peace,tolerance,loving-kindness.
    I only wish to know who is our best Badminton player (worldwide, without any care about which country he/she comes from).

Why was Lin Dan ranked as World No.2 over the last 4 years? If there wasn't something fishy in our Badminton tournaments, then blame me for misunderstanding the whole situation.

My post was to hope that LXR would perform her best in every tournament she performs in. It was why I mentioned "No more match-fixing please".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I only wish to know who is our best Badminton player (worldwide, without any care about which country he/she comes from).

Why was Lin Dan ranked as World No.2 over the last 4 years? If there wasn't something fishy in our Badminton tournaments, then blame me for misunderstanding the whole situation.

My post was to hope that LXR would perform her best in every tournament she performs in. It was why I mentioned "No more match-fixing please".
    Alright,point taken, I share your wish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little bit food for thought. It could also be because LD actually listens to the signals of his body in order to avoid major injuries.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright,point taken, I share your wish.
    I am a full-time professional Badminton coach, not armchair critic.

Yesterday, I was talking about Lin Dan with another Badminton fan. I said to him that Lin Dan has done harm to other CHN players, namely Chen Jin and Chen Long (because Lin Dan allows them to take training less seriously).

I said if Lin Dan does not give CJ and Cl free passage to gain ranking points, CJ and CL would need to train harder.

Now, with LXR playing her best all the time, it would set a new system for all CHN WS players - train harder and play one's best at every tournament.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    Just a little bit food for thought. It could also be because LD actually listens to the signals of his body in order to avoid major injuries.
    You could be correct.

Having followed LD throughout his career, his talent and skill are really the best. Even playing at 80%, he would win most of his tournaments.

Perhaps we should discontinue talking about LD in this LXR's thread.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am a full-time professional Badminton coach, not armchair critic.

Yesterday, I was talking about Lin Dan with another Badminton fan. I said to him that Lin Dan has done harm to other CHN players, namely Chen Jin and Chen Long (because Lin Dan allows them to take training less seriously).

I said if Lin Dan does not give CJ and Cl free passage to gain ranking points, CJ and CL would need to train harder.

Now, with LXR playing her best all the time, it would set a new system for all CHN WS players - train harder and play one's best at every tournament.
    You bring up a very important point, Chris. LXR is not yet 20 (I think) and if at all the CBA want to make use of her services over the next say, 5-7 years, they will need to be very careful about how they go about their planning. Of course, we know that they are very good at planning and all the other stuff; they have the best support system in the world in this sport!

Just look at this girl, all heavily bandaged and all, for the past 4-5 months. Sometimes I feel, any more and she will end up looking like a mummy!

And it won't get easier. The new breed of young girls coming up in so many countries are hungrier, tougher, quicker, better, and show less fear or respect than those of the earlier generations. So IMO, to hope that LXR will rule supreme for many years is right now almost a pipe dream.

Besides, look at what is happening in the WS with CBA right now: WL may never make it back to the top echelon again; WX suffered what may turn out to be a career-threatening injury (I sincerely hope not!), WSX is in urgent need of re-discovery; JYJ is demoralized and sullen because of her fate. Result? More workload for WYH and LXR. And more chances of losing, injury...

In pro badminton, DOWNTIME MUST BE PLANNED. Rest is equally a weapon. Especially at the levels these girls play now, any injury can threaten their entire careers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.I am a full-time professional Badminton coach, not armchair critic.Yesterday, I was talking about Lin Dan with another Badminton fan. I said to him that Lin Dan has done harm to other CHN players, namely Chen Jin and Chen Long (because Lin Dan allows them to take training less seriously).I said if Lin Dan does not give CJ and Cl free passage to gain ranking points, CJ and CL would need to train harder.Now, with LXR playing her best all the time, it would set a new system for all CHN WS players - train harder and play one's best at every tournament..
    Interesting, full time pro coach, pls enlighten us with evidence that "LD allows CJ / CL to take training less seriously" & "CJ / CL did not train hard" as implied in your comments???

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In my earlier post, I mentioned LXR is not yet 20. I was wrong, sorry; my mistake! She is actually 21.

Can anyone identify this racquet, please?

Name:  lxr-rckt.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  147.5 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that not the flame n50II? o_O

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow They are all training hard

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Interesting, full time pro coach, pls enlighten us with evidence that "LD allows CJ / CL to take training less seriously" & "CJ / CL did not train hard" as implied in your comments???
    You didn't get my main message:

Now, let's return to LXR.

Same applies here: If LXR does not give the 3 Wangs free passage to gain ranking points, then the 3 Wangs will need to train harder from now onwards.

They are all training hard. But 'harder' is the comparative work-load they need to put into it, if they want to be CHN No.1.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-12-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be correct.

Having followed LD throughout his career, his talent and skill are really the best. Even playing at 80%, he would win most of his tournaments.

Perhaps we should discontinue talking about LD in this LXR's thread.
    Sorry,just one last point to add as it came to my mind - Lin Dan's rare losses the past few years are , apart from LCW which is already once in a blue moon, to Sho Sasaki, Kenichi Tago, Wong Wing Ki, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, but never to Chen Long, not to mention Chen Jin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This will be my last discussion about the CHN MS players in this LXR's thread

Sorry,just one last point to add as it came to my mind - Lin Dan's rare losses the past few years are , apart from LCW which is already once in a blue moon, to Sho Sasaki, Kenichi Tago, Wong Wing Ki, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, but never to Chen Long, not to mention Chen Jin.
    This will be my last discussion about the CHN MS players in this LXR's thread.

LD is the best. When CL and CJ are in the same tournament with him, he can 'protect' them, by helping them with free passage to gain ranking points, by either he making CJ's and CL's next opponents very tired, or he giving walkovers to CJ and CL (if required).

Yes, this is good help from LD when the draw allows him to do so. But with his help, the negative part is that it makes CJ and CL so protected that they (CL and CJ) get to feel that they don't need to train 'harder'.

Just imagine that LD retires today; Without his help anymore, CJ and CL will need to double up with their training schedule (here, the words are to exaggerate/overstate things a bit).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-12-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my last discussion about the CHN MS players in this LXR's thread.

LD is the best. When CL and CJ are in the same tournament with him, he can 'protect' them, by helping them with free passage to gain ranking points, by either he making CJ's and CL's next opponents very tired, or he giving walkovers to CJ and CL (if required).

Yes, this is good help from LD when the draw allows him to do so. But with his help, the negative part is that it makes CJ and CL so protected that they (CL and CJ) get to feel that they don't need to train 'harder'.

Just imagine that LD retires today; Without his help anymore, CJ and CL will need to double up with their training schedule (here, the words are to exaggerate/overstate things a bit).
    Another possibility is that LD is so good than CJ lost confidence to beat LD. he believed that working hard is not enough to beat LD.
    Last edited by laonong; 08-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXR is now WR#2, fast rising and continues climbing steadily, harbinger of many more peaks to conquer after the Olympic Gold ?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    In my earlier post, I mentioned LXR is not yet 20. I was wrong, sorry; my mistake! She is actually 21.

Can anyone identify this racquet, please?

Name:  lxr-rckt.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  147.5 KB
    Li Ning Flame N50 II.. Currently using this racket.. Really good racket for smashing though

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mar 13, 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    maybe i was too conservative.

from her performance in the AE, LYB will have a hard time deciding between her and WSX.

her play is such a pleasure to watch. she has the power and dynamic of WX, gracefulness of GZC, the beauty of... erm.. nevermind.

but seriously, there are shots with angles and pace that we have seldom seen in recent years, a combination of her height and technique. her drives and midcourt defense is excellent. her body rotation is just pretty, remind me a bit of ZJW.

no. i am not in love.
    March 13, 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Yes, she has big potential, she has quite incisive shots her movement is graceful and she is motivated and hardworking.

I think CHN should go for her in OG, because WSX likes fist pumping and shouting, but I think she is flaky.

Sure LXR is inexperienced, but it would be better to prime her for the future when WX or WYH should be able to come home with the Gold....
    BC mods are prophetic. ...

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast