User Tag List

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this little setback is nothing as compared to what WYH gone through in 2010.. failing in the team competition (where China focus/target heavily on it) and eventually china losing the Uber cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    LXR must have wanted to win the WC really badly - may be thats why she
    failed - and her resulting depression have let to lost of confidence.
    She definitely needs a good motivator to talk her out of her slumber.
    We need not to worry, winning the next major tournament will erase all her self doubt. I have faith in her winning the next WC and 2nd Olympic gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    I guess this little setback is nothing as compared to what WYH gone through in 2010.. failing in the team competition (where China focus/target heavily on it) and eventually china losing the Uber cup
    I also thought it a minor setback as compared with what WYH at Uber Cup 2010 and WSX upon her London Olympic deselection were going through. LXR is being too hard on herself.

In a way it's more painful to fail in front of her country people at home making her feel as if she had let her country down. What's more, she is a soldier from BAYI team and a member of the PLA which probably exacerbated it.

But as I've said before, it's the nature of sports competition to have winners and losers, victors and vanquished. No matter how good an athlete is, it's impossible to win every time - it just so happened to be the title that matters a lot which more or less explains why she is taking it so hard.

Nevertheless, she should remind herself that she is still young, possessed of prodigious talent and ability, she can try again next year and many more opportunities to come including the next Olympics and whatever other goals she set.

Indeed, it is time for her to move on, just keep going, don't look back, look forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please, there is no reason to have concern for LXR. She is healthy, injury-free, ranked no. 1 in the world and she just won a title. She might have felt depressed after losing the WC final but I'm sure that feeling didn't last too long. Ratchanok could play without pressure while all the pressure was on LXR. I think she did pretty well just to take the 2nd set to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131213/009906.htm

At the post-match conference yesterday, Li Xuerui showed her adorable friendly side, when the reporter mentioned the DEN Open insect bite incident that led to her skin sensitivity problem, she immediately indicated to those marks on her hands and legs and said:" You see,even though the sensitivity problem is gone, but the marks all over my hands and legs, might not be able to marry myself off."

At these words, the reporters present at once broke into laughter. When a reporter suggested she tattooed herself to cover those marks, she immediately shook her head and said she couldn't do so as she is a military personnel.

In addition, Li Xuerui expressed that although this year her results is not as blazing as last year's, still being able to qualify for the Superseries Finals is itself a recognition.

6. Likes Loh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20131213/009906.htm

When a reporter suggested she tattooed herself to cover those marks, she immediately shook her head and said she couldn't do so as she is a military personnel.
    Then what was LD doing with all the tattooes on his body?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Then what was LD doing with all the tattooes on his body?
    In general, PLA soliders can not have tattooes on his/her body. But this policy has some exceptions. For those who are only for sports and recreational activities don't need to follow it.
    In a word, LXR think she should follow the general policy and LD think he's an excpetion, I suppose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I recall correctly, from what I've read somewhere, Lin Dan's tattoos are not permanently etched but erasable and he once thought of changing it to another design (cannot remember which one, could be 'Transformer(s)'). Maybe someone who knows better could tell us more.

I suppose, LXR is more law-abiding and obedient to what she thinks should be followed (though she does speak her mind sometimes, from what I've gathered) whereas Lin Dan , as we know, tends to be a bit of a maverick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartiest congratulations to Li Xuerui. Just realized that LXR is the first WS to retain the SuperSeries Finals crown. And she did that in such commanding fashion, winning all her matches in two straight sets in emphatic manner, as if she is in a class of her own now !

Keep going. Keep it up. Excellent. Well done. Create more records, continue to make history,conquer more peaks, scale greater heights - You can do it !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe once LXR gets over that WC loss completely and not let the regret haunt her anymore, she will be devastating in any tournament she sets her mind on going forward. Just imagine, in the SSF she practically demolished every single one of her opponents, Bae YJ twice; phenomenal.

Li Xuerui, stay positive, be single-minded, and go great guns all the way.

12. Likes azrenth, volcom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Nothing showing up?
    Name:  LXR.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  43.3 KB
    Last edited by RedShuttle; 02-14-2014 at 11:37 PM.

16. Likes cobalt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

much more down to earth

Name:  2000 (1).jpg
Views: 372
Size:  69.3 KB

18. Likes kelana, Jasonvan, Justin L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Women's Olympic badminton champion has narrow escape

03/06/2014 05:55 | By Agence France-Presse

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/regional/womens-olympic-badminton-champion-has-narrow-escape

Excerpts:

Olympic champion Li Xuerui narrowly avoided going out in the first round of the All-England Open for a second successive year on Wednesday as she saved a match point to go on and beat Thailand's Busanan Ongbumrungpan 21-14, 15-21, 22-20.

"I didn't think about last year here, but it did remind me of the world championships when I had quite a big slip - and I am trying psychologically to teach myself."

...She was also pleasantly philosophical about her scare. "When you come so close to disaster, something good has to come from it," she said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui,oh Li Xuerui, when are you going to cut down those errors, the rate is just too high?! Since you idolise Lin Dan and want to learn from and emulate him, you ought to know accuracy and consistency are hallmarks of a great player. Train your mind to stay totally focused, determined yet calm and steady to execute every shot with full confidence. Know yourself,know your opponent, think on your feet and don't just follow the coach's instructions blindly, read your opponent's game, then adjust and anticipate better, and play according to the situation.

Yes, I talk as if your only weakness is a mental or psychological one; right, I'd like to believe so. Hope to see you outgrow this problem with maturity and experience, the sooner the better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXR's uneven form coming to this AE'14 tournament is a surprise to me, esp after the one-month of intensive,systematic training. She seems to be trying out a more aggressive attacking game but at the expense of making too many errors reminiscent of mental lapses, kind of brain-fade, that occasionally beset her in the past and still do, it seems.

I'd much prefer to see her play a more controlled game, constructing the rally and creating attacking opportunities before going for the kill. In attacking, timing is of the essence. She is by nature an attacking player but the way she's doing it the first two rounds (I didn't get to see the MM match, so could only assumed) gives me the impression of trying to win by brute force.

Hope she can get her act together quickly, find the right balance, resolve what is affecting her mentally during play, and finally acquire the consummate techniques and inner strength to stay on top of her game every time, not only for the remaining rounds of the AE but always.

“What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.”
    Plutarch

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
    Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast