User Tag List

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 830
  1. #69
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well you know more than me, but i cant see how they can stop them, well i suppose i can

    What like? Longer tie ins etc...

    It must be pretty frustrating for liu xin or lu lan, zhu lin... Never get a look in yet could be top 10 if for another country. I know LL and ZL had chances, but they would still be top ten if playing for say England and with the players in provinces and other teams in china i gues CHN could fill the top 15 out if they wanted too....

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LXR is going to be tested in Australia open again where she is the only top WS chinese player. I think her performance there will be reviewed in depth. In other word, she will be under pressure as much as WSX at Swiss open. We will see how she cope with the pressure. To me, she may the true leader in WS that the chinese team is waiting for all this while. WYH is the best at the moment but I think LXR will overtake her soon.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well you know more than me, but i cant see how they can stop them, well i suppose i can

    What like? Longer tie ins etc...

    It must be pretty frustrating for liu xin or lu lan, zhu lin... Never get a look in yet could be top 10 if for another country. I know LL and ZL had chances, but they would still be top ten if playing for say England and with the players in provinces and other teams in china i gues CHN could fill the top 15 out if they wanted too....
    A lot of good players in CHN, & if they want they are able to represent other country to be one of the top players there, & yet they still stay at CHN, training, waiting for her time to be called up by CBA or waiting for her age rotten their future..
    What a loyalty.. Salute..

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,642
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    On a serious note based on the fact that 6 of the current top 12 are chinese in the rankings does anybody think someone will "defect" to another country. Also remember if Wang Lin comes back she will surely be a top 10 player.

    It would be pretty tempting for someone like JYJ, or the unlucky player who misses the OG to move to another country.

    We had it with wang chen and Pi HY, to a lesser extent Yao Jie.....but how about now?

    I would say the current players are not as talented as pi or WC, but if they are confident in their ability, and want to play for a long time, then it must be an option for someone?
    The younger players like LXR will try to wait for their turn if most of the Chinese female players retire at 26 or 27.

    But JYJ, LL and ZL probably can't wait. Consider all 3 and Zhang Yawen join a foreign country together, they will post a serious threat in Uber Cup to China.

  5. #73
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, if they go to the same country....that is pretty unlikely!

    Where is zhang yawen now?

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well, if they go to the same country....that is pretty unlikely!

    Where is zhang yawen now?
    She hasnt completely hung her racket. Rumours have it that she is still playing professionally but not internationally for Japanese club. Started a new direction in her career i guess after playing for China in the last 10 years.

  7. #75
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Well, if they go to the same country....that is pretty unlikely!

    Where is zhang yawen now?
    playing for unisys in the Japanese league

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Back to Li Xuerui and Wang Shixian! I still couldnt understand why Li Yongbo is doing this, fixing matches and trying to promote Li Xuerui to the top 4. Yes she has been playing well all this while but doesnt he ever think the consequences of last minute change would bring to the WS department as a whole.

    Unless internally they are doing this as a insurance to cover for any Wang who is seriously injured or out of shape, i dont understand the true motivation and positives that action could bring to the team. That will instil fear, distrust and lack of confidence among the Wangs especially Wang Yihan, her skills and experience are much needed by China plus she is a top seed. Seeing Li Xuerui's rise to the top 4 also made her worried about her position and suspects how much the Chinese coaches placed their trust in her.

    Wang Shixian on the other hand is the one at risk of losing her place....just because Li Xuerui has performed well in head to head against foreign players and winning back-to-back titles. Then that, those results dont tie up with what Wang Shixian has achieved since she broke into the world stage. An Asian Games Gold Medallist and All England winner, that's something to shout about and players to be envious of. Even Wang Yihan is jealous of Wang Shixian's achievement up to date despite winning almost every title the SS has to offer, an achievement she could only do it in couple of years time. So why should she be dropped for LXR...no offense to LXR because i remembered LYB is never perfect and sometimes he does make the worst decisions ever such dropping Xia Xuanze for Chen Hong in the Athens Games which turned out to be spot on.

    On basis of Wang Shixian's major titles, i think she should be kept because i believe she does have an equal chance of doing well in London plus she is stronger mentally compared to Wang Yihan and Wang Xin. This is more important than skills.
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 03-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LXR is indeed a talent in WS.. We don't know about LYB true motivation in here, & we could just wait for the final squad submitted by CBA in all departments. However, inspecting WSX & WX recent performance that is not up to the level they should, it is a good move by LYB promoting LXR. First, it is like a backup plan, in case one of the Wang got injured, CBA still have a leftover ammo. Second there is a possibility that LYB thinks the 3 Wangs are too complacent on their current position, therefore promoting LXR could act as a trigger to motivate 3 Wangs back on track.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Back to Li Xuerui and Wang Shixian! I still couldnt understand why Li Yongbo is doing this, fixing matches and trying to promote Li Xuerui to the top 4. Yes she has been playing well all this while but doesnt he ever think the consequences of last minute change would bring to the WS department as a whole.

    Unless internally they are doing this as a insurance to cover for any Wang who is seriously injured or out of shape, i dont understand the true motivation and positives that action could bring to the team. That will instil fear, distrust and lack of confidence among the Wangs especially Wang Yihan, her skills and experience are much needed by China plus she is a top seed. Seeing Li Xuerui's rise to the top 4 also made her worried about her position and suspects how much the Chinese coaches placed their trust in her.

    Wang Shixian on the other hand is the one at risk of losing her place....just because Li Xuerui has performed well in head to head against foreign players and winning back-to-back titles. Then that, those results dont tie up with what Wang Shixian has achieved since she broke into the world stage. An Asian Games Gold Medallist and All England winner, that's something to shout about and players to be envious of. Even Wang Yihan is jealous of Wang Shixian's achievement up to date despite winning almost every title the SS has to offer, an achievement she could only do it in couple of years time. So why should she be dropped for LXR...no offense to LXR because i remembered LYB is never perfect and sometimes he does make the worst decisions ever such dropping Xia Xuanze for Chen Hong in the Athens Games which turned out to be spot on.

    On basis of Wang Shixian's major titles, i think she should be kept because i believe she does have an equal chance of doing well in London plus she is stronger mentally compared to Wang Yihan and Wang Xin. This is more important than skills.
    Yes, you are right. WSX's strengths are the following:

    (1) good skill and techniques
    (2) good experience and track record (ie, won a few major titles)
    (3) very strong willed and aggressive

    But WSX has some problems:

    1. She can't smash.
    2. Her stamina not the best among the four.
    3. Her record against non-CHN players are not the best.
    4. her recent form not good.
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-20-2012 at 11:26 PM.

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Yes, you are right. WSX's strengths are the following:

    (1) good skill and techniques
    (2) good experience and track record (ie, won a few major titles)
    (3) very strong willed and aggressive

    But WSX has some problems:

    1. She can't smash.
    2. Her stamina not the best among the four.
    3. Her record against non-CHN players are not the best.
    4. her recent form not good.
    WSX's stamina is actually about equal compared to other Wang & LXR just that she yells far more louder than the other players, that is draining her stamina unconsciously.

    Back to the topic, in my opinion LXR strength rely on her glorious steep angle drop shot & half smash/slice which is so accurate & just a little above the net tape, apart from her stamina, of course.

  12. #80
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LXR remind me the great Li Lingwei

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    LXR is indeed a talent in WS.. We don't know about LYB true motivation in here, & we could just wait for the final squad submitted by CBA in all departments. However, inspecting WSX & WX recent performance that is not up to the level they should, it is a good move by LYB promoting LXR. First, it is like a backup plan, in case one of the Wang got injured, CBA still have a leftover ammo. Second there is a possibility that LYB thinks the 3 Wangs are too complacent on their current position, therefore promoting LXR could act as a trigger to motivate 3 Wangs back on track.
    Yes i hope what you said is aligned to LYB's true motivation to send a wake up call signal to all the three Wangs to rid of their complacency and start working on their weakness to be better prepared in London. I really do hope that's the case..Fans really dont wanna see one Wang out of the competition..it's just so wrong...after more than a year of domination in SS circuit and major events before the Olympics, you are just gonna drop one of them...unfair.

    LXR on the other hand is a beast, she has the strength and power to subdue her opponents especially Tai-phoon who tends to trouble the Chinese the most.

    But I do remember at one time she does struggle a lot against stroke players like Bae Younjoo and Sung Jihyun.

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LXR is the precious diamond which was found by the chinese team. She is more talented than WSX and WX and probably stronger mentality than WYH. She will be dominant WS like XXF or LLW. When you got a player like this, you will do the same as LYB. The question is whether there is enough time for her to be equipped and shine in London olympics 2012. LYB know his players better than us. Let us wait and see.

  15. #83
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB wants her in top 4 so he has a choice of who to send...no other agenda...its his job to make them the best they can.

    Anybody know the rules about injuries? ie if someone gets injured after the entries submitted can they be subsituted by another if they had qualified? or is it just from the reserve list down the rankings?

  16. #84
    Regular Member uselessmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well maybe LYB is in love with LXR.... Hmmm... Food for thought, anyone???

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uselessmail View Post
    Well maybe LYB is in love with LXR.... Hmmm... Food for thought, anyone???
    excellent idea for Miqilin7's and my upcoming movie!!
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-21-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)
    By taufik_lin16 in forum Korea Professional Players
    Replies: 3316
    : 09-13-2014, 05:48 AM
  2. Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )
    By tbleong in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 10031
    : 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
  3. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  4. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  5. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •