User Tag List

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    I wouldn't count out Saina and Inthanon. If I'm not mistaken, Saina is the defending champion of the event and has beaten Shixian before. She'd be eager for the win after all the premature exits she's suffered lately.

And Inthanon can always play spoiler, especially to a WSX who hasn't looked fully in form for some time.
    If WSX meets SN in the final, it's a double edged sword for her...if she wins, she impresses the boss...if she loses, yes she will get some ass kicking or tongue lashing from the coach, then again that loss will put SN ahead of Li Xuerui, preventing her from threatening WSX's position..We will see how it goes. i reckon WSX will lose intentionally..to aim for the latter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    If WSX meets SN in the final, it's a double edged sword for her...if she wins, she impresses the boss...if she loses, yes she will get some ass kicking or tongue lashing from the coach, then again that loss will put SN ahead of Li Xuerui, preventing her from threatening WSX's position..We will see how it goes. i reckon WSX will lose intentionally..to aim for the latter
    It's evil but if i were WSX, i would lose to her intentionally because my Olympic game is at risk....of course i should do something on my end subtly without letting the CBA realise i am doing on purpose..I won the All England and Asian Games gold medal..to just drop me off like this just because of another player who won 2 weeks in a row doesnt do justice to her at all. I mean when WSX was on form, she made it to 6 consecutive finals, winning 4 out of 6 i think...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that as long as China has 3 women in the world's top 4, they can send any 3 players they like to the Olympics; that is, they do not have to send those top 3. If this is the case, then WSX losing to Saina could only be bad for her - it would not matter that the win would keep Saina ahead of LXR in the world rankings (I'm assuming that WSX would still be in the top 3 alongside WX and WYH) as China can (and probably will) send LXR to the Olympics even though she ranks below both Saina and WSX.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at the rule again in bwfbadminton.org.

"If all players are ranked 1 - 4, max quota is 3."

I feel that the 3 players must be ranked 1 - 4. So if China has 4 players ranked at the top 4, then LYB can choose which 3. But if Li Xuerui is not at the top 4, she is not qualified to play. That's my interpretation.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    I looked at the rule again in bwfbadminton.org.

"If all players are ranked 1 - 4, max quota is 3."

I feel that the 3 players must be ranked 1 - 4. So if China has 4 players ranked at the top 4, then LYB can choose which 3. But if Li Xuerui is not at the top 4, she is not qualified to play. That's my interpretation.
    this one seems to be more relevant:

"An NOC which has qualified more than its authorised number of quota places will need to confirm which of its eligible player(s)/pair(s) the NOC wishes to
    enter."

but the conclusion is the same. LXR needs to be in top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    I was under the impression that as long as China has 3 women in the world's top 4, they can send any 3 players they like to the Olympics; that is, they do not have to send those top 3. If this is the case, then WSX losing to Saina could only be bad for her - it would not matter that the win would keep Saina ahead of LXR in the world rankings (I'm assuming that WSX would still be in the top 3 alongside WX and WYH) as China can (and probably will) send LXR to the Olympics even though she ranks below both Saina and WSX.
    That s why i am sensing a personal agenda here from WSX..she could intentially lose the title to prevent LXR from stealing her spot. Hoho, there was a Chen Jin saga ongoing and now a saga is about to happen between a Wang and Li.. Li Xuerui is potentially capable of replacing WSX if she gets to the top 4.

When she does, WSX will be so pissed with CBA plus Wang Yihan for letting Li Xuerui win the All England...oooo chinese drama.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you were LYB, what would u tell WSX now?

(a) "if you win this Swiss Open against Saina, I will send u to play the Olympics."
    (b) "if you lose this Swiss Open against Saina, I will not send u to play the Olympics."
    (c) say nothing.
    (d) None of the above.
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    if you were LYB, what would u tell WSX now?

(a) "if you win this Swiss Open against Saina, I will send u to play the Olympics."
    (b) "if you lose this Swiss Open against Saina, I will not send u to play the Olympics."
    (c) say nothing.
    (d) None of the above.
    Definitely opt for b), by winning Swiss Open , you do China a big favour BUT she may fail to see this working against her will. Today if she wins, LYB will say "you did well child, i will STRONGLY consider your candidacy to play in the Olympics"

He can change his mind the next day, "Sorry ZN and I agree it's best to send LI WYH and WX since Li has done really well against most players in the tournaments lately, sorry again but live with it. ONE CHINA LOL!!"

If i were WSX, i stick to my conscience and do not trust LYB words at all. Lose the game and make sure SN also do well in India Open to maintain her lead. that would secure WSX's position

At the moment, WSX is put at risk...sorry Li Xuerui i like you so much as a person but i reckon it's quite unfair and unjust to discard WSX the very last minute when she had once shown some flashes of brilliance by winning the Asian Games and All England. To drop her just like that is the most unfair thing ever happened to a player.

So yes i opt for b) to lose intentionally as my personal agenda.

Reason for loss: well she just played good on that day..not my fault. and secondly how the CBA wants to plan a rigged match for LXR in the coming India Open depends highly on the draw...so the first step is to lose and let SN maintain her fourth spot..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the next question is, if you were WSX, what will u do now?

(a) lose today against Ratchnok
    (b) win today, lose tomorrow against Saina
    (c) win today and tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the next question is, if you were WSX, what will u do now?

(a) lose today against Ratchnok
    (b) win today, lose tomorrow against Saina
    (c) win today and tomorrow
    I picked a) depends how badly Ratchanok plays really....by right WSX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LYB won't let LXR to play at the OG. The three participants remain to be WYH, WX and WSX regardless how's their performances until the entry deadline. For him, he has to consider this, LXR is still lack of experience in big tournaments (She has never played at UC, SC, WC before). Thus, it is unlikely that LXR will be chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    I think LYB won't let LXR to play at the OG. The three participants remain to be WYH, WX and WSX regardless how's their performances until the entry deadline. For him, he has to consider this, LXR is still lack of experience in big tournaments (She has never played at UC, SC, WC before). Thus, it is unlikely that LXR will be chosen.
    I do like her game so much, she is cool, calm and collected whenever she is tailing her opponents in the score. However, i dont see why LYB should consider her just because of her recent performance. What happens if she doesnt perform in London ? That would be a serious backfire and it could spell end for her first team status.

I think for now, let the Wangs take the stage...because at the moment it's all about them and let's keep it that way. I hope LYB is smart enough to not cause rift internally because i am absolutely certain there's going to be a big issue when he suddenly made this kind of change. Relationships destroyed, no more trust and one player may end up leaving the squad, i dont want to see that happen..

In short, i say LXR be patient and develop her skills for the World Championship 2013 and Rio 2016

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of the above posts seem to be assuming saina wins her semi final........

I think lyb will do what lyb wants to do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like her game so much, she is cool, calm and collected whenever she is tailing her opponents in the score. However, i dont see why LYB should consider her just because of her recent performance. What happens if she doesnt perform in London ? That would be a serious backfire and it could spell end for her first team status.

I think for now, let the Wangs take the stage...because at the moment it's all about them and let's keep it that way. I hope LYB is smart enough to not cause rift internally because i am absolutely certain there's going to be a big issue when he suddenly made this kind of change. Relationships destroyed, no more trust and one player may end up leaving the squad, i dont want to see that happen.
    i entirely agree with what u said. However, it is abundantly clear that LYB wants LXR to get the No. 4 spot. No doubt about it. Why does LYB want LXR to get the No. 4 spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i entirely agree with what u said. However, it is abundantly clear that LYB wants LXR to get the No. 4 spot. No doubt about it. Why does LYB want LXR to get the No. 4 spot?
    Two possible reasons related to the OG:

a) If one Wang is injured, LXR replaces her
    b) If one Wang whom LYB thinks is crap and not performing, LXR takes her place

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb The decision: The girls should know themselves

I think for now, let the Wangs take the stage...because at the moment it's all about them and let's keep it that way. I hope LYB is smart enough to not cause rift internally because i am absolutely certain there's going to be a big issue when he suddenly made this kind of change. Relationships destroyed, no more trust and one player may end up leaving the squad, i dont want to see that happen..

In short, i say LXR be patient and develop her skills for the World Championship 2013 and Rio 2016
    IMHO, it's best to select the players with best performance just at the time to send in their entries.

The decision: The girls should know themselves; Who are in better form?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    IMHO, it's best to select the players with best performance just at the time to send in their entries.

The decision: The girls should know themselves; Who are in better form?.
    If i am the one making the informed decisions, i wont agree it's a wise move to put LXR who has yet to be tested in the World Championships. Should one of the Wangs get injured and unfit to play, only then i will consider putting LXR in her place. Otherwise, I wont do it because the risk is too high and price to pay is equally high when the player actually fails to deliver. Not only it affects China's morale but also a big blow to Li Xuerui. I should not base my judgement on recent success and give the girl some time to develop herself to be ready for the upcoming post-Olympic tournament. She is just a safety net for China at the moment...i hope. Let the Wangs take the responsibility while they have been in the circuit for more than a year now. They should be able to cope with the pressure

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast