User Tag List

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    That s why i am sensing a personal agenda here from WSX..she could intentially lose the title to prevent LXR from stealing her spot. Hoho, there was a Chen Jin saga ongoing and now a saga is about to happen between a Wang and Li.. Li Xuerui is potentially capable of replacing WSX if she gets to the top 4.
    Yea, both sagas are great entertainment. But I like the drama at the WS department a bit more. It involves both internal Chinese politics and external conflicts with foreign nationals. what else can be more fun!!

IMHO, the chance of WSX losing intentionally is not very high. If LYB senses WSX loses intentionally against a non-CHN player at this crucial stage of Olympics qualification, she will be removed from the Chinese squad immediately. WSX knows it.
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-17-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fyi.

even if nehwal win the swiss open she will be still at no 5 behind all the 4 chinese girls. and she needs to at least get into the final of the last SS at india to overtake LXR, that's assuming LXR wouldn't score a single point from now on.

quite unlikely don't you think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    fyi.

even if nehwal win the swiss open she will be still at no 5 behind all the 4 chinese girls. and she needs to at least get into the final of the last SS at india to overtake LXR, that's assuming LXR wouldn't score a single point from now on.

quite unlikely don't you think?
    Ok, i don't understand. LXR now has 71219 points; she is no. 4. Saina has 70516; she is no. 5. Their difference is only 700.

LXR's current lowest points (amongst the points that is counted) is 5040. Saina's current lowest points is 5950.

Swiss Open (GP Gold) event will award 7000 points; and India Open (SS event) will award 9200.

No?

BTW, i read somewhere that Asia Badminton Championships (a GP Gold event) will not be held this year. is it true?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Ok, i don't understand. LXR now has 71219 points; she is no. 4. Saina has 70516; she is no. 5. Their difference is only 700.

LXR's current lowest points (amongst the points that is counted) is 5040. Saina's current lowest points is 5950.

Swiss Open (GP Gold) event will award 7000 points; and India Open (SS event) will award 9200.

No?

BTW, i read somewhere that Asia Badminton Championships (a GP Gold event) will not be held this year. is it true?
    because i'm using the points from May 2011 only for olympics qualification. the bwf incl the 2 months prior to that and will be deduced in due course.

as far as i know the ABC is still on for the individual events

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i am the one making the informed decisions, i wont agree it's a wise move to put LXR who has yet to be tested in the World Championships. Should one of the Wangs get injured and unfit to play, only then i will consider putting LXR in her place. Otherwise, I wont do it because the risk is too high and price to pay is equally high when the player actually fails to deliver. Not only it affects China's morale but also a big blow to Li Xuerui. I should not base my judgement on recent success and give the girl some time to develop herself to be ready for the upcoming post-Olympic tournament. She is just a safety net for China at the moment...i hope. Let the Wangs take the responsibility while they have been in the circuit for more than a year now. They should be able to cope with the pressure
    I dont think it is a big risk to put someone who is number 4 in the world instead of a number three. I doubt they will base the decision on recent performances alone, but likewise i think they will take account of recent form. Recent form may of course indicate a minor injury or niggle that is causing the player not to perform 100%

Yea, both sagas are great entertainment. But I like the drama at the WS department a bit more. It involves both internal Chinese politics and external conflicts with foreign nationals. what else can be more fun!!

IMHO, the chance of WSX losing intentionally is not very high. If LYB senses WSX loses intentionally against a non-CHN player at this crucial stage of Olympics qualification, she will be removed from the Chinese squad immediately. WSX knows it.
    I dont think a player of WSX calibre would be remove from the team immediately. In this case china will then of course only send two players....unlikely. I think WSX will have the longer term view of her career and not lose intentionally. If she takes a short term view she is kicking herself into touch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, WSX lost against Saina in 2 games.

this WS saga is getting more interesting. i love drama from Chinese Women.. The most ruthless, cunning and dishonest psychological warfare will now be on display.

Will LXR make it to No. 4 by the end of April? I can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, WSX lost against Saina in 2 games.

this WS saga is getting more interesting. i love drama from Chinese Women.. The most ruthless, cunning and dishonest psychological warfare will now be on display.

Will LXR make it to No. 4 by the end of April? I can't wait!!!
    Yes it truly is revealing some elements of distrust, deceit and friendship in this saga. Li Xuerui happens to be WSX's best friend btw :P

Drama continues until the India Open SS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it truly is revealing some elements of distrust, deceit and friendship in this saga. Li Xuerui happens to be WSX's best friend btw :P

Drama continues until the India Open SS.
    sad, the friendship btw LXR and WSX is now tested. Hope 30 years from now, WSX will not regret what she is doing now. And most important of all, will LYB do the right thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epic Drama is about to unfold....

Name:  bnb.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  61.5 KB

will this picture be torn into pieces once LYB has reached his final verdict..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This saga is so much more entertaining comparing to the rest of the Olympics games. What are the following people thinking right now:

1. LYB? Of course, he wants all four to qualify. But what should he tell ZN? what should he tell the three Wangs? "Do your best against the other two Wangs but not LXR"? Would a decision (as to which three of the four will qualify) be made before or after Uber cup? Which three will he ultimately choose?

2. ZN? Does she want all four to qualify? Which three of the four will ZN ultimately recommend to LYB? Which one of the four does ZN dislike the most?

3. TongXuiWah (ZN's master; i might have misspelled his name): Which three of the four does he prefer?

3. The three Wangs. How can they obey LYB's order and fight for their own right to qualify the Olympics at the same time? "Should I fight the other two Wangs instead of LXR?"

4. LXR. "Will I lose my best friend if I try too hard?" "Should I wait four years instead?" "What if I am chosen instead of one of the other three Wangs, will no one ever wants to be my friend again within the Chinese team?"

5. Saina. "Should I lose intentionally against LXR in the next few weeks?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This saga is so much more entertaining comparing to the rest of the Olympics games. What are the following people thinking right now:

1. LYB? Of course, he wants all four to qualify. But what should he tell ZN? what should he tell the three Wangs? "Do your best against the other two Wangs but not LXR"? Would a decision (as to which three of the four will qualify) be made before or after Uber cup? Which three will he ultimately choose?

2. ZN? Does she want all four to qualify? Which three of the four will ZN ultimately recommend to LYB? Which one of the four does ZN dislike the most?

3. TongXuiWah (ZN's master; i might have misspelled his name): Which three of the four does he prefer?

3. The three Wangs. How can they obey LYB's order and fight for their own right to qualify the Olympics at the same time? "Should I fight the other two Wangs instead of LXR?"

4. LXR. "Will I lose my best friend if I try too hard?" "Should I wait four years instead?" "What if I am chosen instead of one of the other three Wangs, will no one ever wants to be my friend again within the Chinese team?"

5. Saina. "Should I lose intentionally against LXR in the next few weeks?"
    Well very constructed fictional imagination of what's gonna transpire in next couple of weeks within the Chinese team. The conflict is not only involving the fate of two young girls both vying for a spot in the Olympics; others are playing an equally vital role that would affect the ending in this drama.

It reminds me so much of the famous drama "War and Beauty'' hahahaa watched several years ago.

Sympathised LXR's position right now who is having a dillemma and internal battle. Should she choose to keep her best friend or a dream to chase at the Olympics. Should she make it to the team, WSX will definitely dislike her for the rest of her career for making her missing out on one of the coveted tournaments just by being impressive for two weeks.

This impact will also have big effect on Wang Yihan and Wang Xin as well. Playing in their minds..adding pressure to themselves should they not perform as they are expected to. They will be easily replaced by many upcoming Chinese stars.

Wang Yihan is only 24, and she obviously wants to continue to playing until Rio 2016. Seeing WSX getting kicked out because of LXR will have a lot of thoughts running through her head and this will cause a disruption to her mental preparation of the Olympics.

Yes, LYB's next move is going to be crucial and he better takes advice/input from the ones who have been through thick and thin together with the four players particularly Zhang Ning, her words have to be taken into serious consideration even though he is big boss.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

when is the movie coming out?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    when is the movie coming out?
    War and Beauty 2 (a Hong Kong TV soap opera) will be out in Hong Kong real soon, around August i think.. right after London Olympics. It will involve a lesbian love scene broadcast to 7 million people in Hong Kong during prime time! It will also be watched by tens of millions of people in China (and overseas) as well.

excellent drama this summer.
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-19-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 2 directors pcll99 and Miqilin7 have a great script but missing a deep pocket producer to invest If Miqilin7 adds a dose of jinx medicine to this script...definitely a case of too much free time but don't know what to do and dream too much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Our 2 directors pcll99 and Miqilin7 have a great script but missing a deep pocket producer to invest If Miqilin7 adds a dose of jinx medicine to this script...definitely a case of too much free time but don't know what to do and dream too much
    On second thought i just thought of another jinx theory, whoever beats Saina nehwal in a major tournament in the quarterfinal has ended up as Semifinalist/Bronze Medallist and shall not progress any further lol..

Beijing Olympics 2008 - Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Hyderabad 2009 - Wang Lin
    Asian Games Guangzhou 2010 - Yip Pui Yin
    Paris 2010 - Wang Shixian
    London 2011 - Wang Xin
    London OG 2012 - ??

Disturbing trend analysis or just mere coincidence ? Identical to the Peter Gade's Olympics conspiracy theory...:P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a serious note based on the fact that 6 of the current top 12 are chinese in the rankings does anybody think someone will "defect" to another country. Also remember if Wang Lin comes back she will surely be a top 10 player.

It would be pretty tempting for someone like JYJ, or the unlucky player who misses the OG to move to another country.

We had it with wang chen and Pi HY, to a lesser extent Yao Jie.....but how about now?

I would say the current players are not as talented as pi or WC, but if they are confident in their ability, and want to play for a long time, then it must be an option for someone?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i thought after the defection of Wang Chen and Zhou Mi there are now stricter contract that CBA signs with the players?

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast