User Tag List

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonderful. Only problem is, as I was trying to get you to understand, this is in contradiction with your earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I believe this player is ready to play a big role on a bigger stage. Analyse and observe her games since 2010, she has not won a single title from the Super Series because of team orders.

I mean for her age, she has to be subjected to team orders and match fixing to let her favourable compatriots win the tournament in the end. She has seen more defeats than victories from the start.

Any match to her is deemed as the same and she will play to her max abilities in every game.
    It also appears to me that you believe that none of the top China players have won a significant percentage of their matches against each other on merit. Don't you think it would be justified then to ban all those players (if not China) from international tournaments including the OG? And maybe they should be issued notices by BWF to make themselves for an interview regarding match-fixing and face possible life bans?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good point. For anyone to say that all CHN vs CHN matches are fixed (there's actually one BCer who said that,can't remember who), is to me ridiculous. If he says,this is the OG year,there may be a few matches they resorted to doing that in order to maximize their players' chances of OG qualification due to BWF's special ruling - I can understand and am prepared to concede his allegation could be plausible.

But surely for 90% of the time at least,the matches are won on merit and why not? These are professional players who love badminton and take pride and satisfaction in their achievements and worth,for one. Secondly,on numerous occasions when the title is assuredly China's and nothing else at stake,why wouldn't they be allowed to prove who is the superior player? Thirdly,what purpose does it serve to match-fix in favour of an inferior player who cannot deliver or beat player so-and-so? Fourthly,it is presumptuous and conceited of him to assume the rest of us players and spectators are ignorant fools unable to tell the real from the fake. I rest my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's unfair to assume all matches played between CHN players are fixed. However, you must look at it in a different perspective for WS singles department.

For a country that's blessed with abundance of women singles players and the endless emerging talents, it gets really complicated in the selection process for the Olympics if you implement a policy to allow open competition among themselves to see who stands a better chance of qualifying. That is not possible for China because the level which they played is almost equal with only one or two exceptions.

Since WX, WSX and WYH stood out as the promising candidates to become medal hopefuls in London beginning of 2011 qualification period, CBA has to concentrate on making sure all three of them get maximum points from every tournament counts. To that extent, that's where match fixing comes in occasionally but this scheme is not deployed in favour of certain players for to all three.

If one of them is in need for more points to compensate for their losses in the previous tournaments, the other two or even the footsoldiers (JYJ and LXR) must oblige to pave way for that particular player. I notice it happens quite often for WX. She crashed out in the early rounds more times than WSX and WYH last year on record and managed to compensate the loss by winning subsequent tournaments. but then the compensation doesn't seem to be fairplay at all. It took more than her effort alone actually to win some titles especially the Denmark Super Series and French Super Series when she beat both WYH and LXR in straight games. I never imagine both players would lose so easily in the final on straight sets. In fact WYH is actually better than WX, LXR is more or less the same level as WX.

Not trying to say WX is not good at all but the point i was trying to convey earlier was more towards LXR's performance of last year. Her progress is always stopped by her compatriots especially WX so I reckon the defeats were no mere coincidental and she was completely victimised by the scheme to put the three Wangs on the top 3.

I wont take back my words which alleged the match in AE was fixed because in the past it happens so many times during the Olympic year, why would CBA/LYB hesitate to do it again ? It's actually better to have a fourth player come in as a substitute to cover for anyone of the three should they be injured .The scenario appears to have changed beyond anyone's expectation. LXR proved she is better than all three of them and CBA did not regret sending her to compete in India Open to seal position .

It was just a shame that CBA overlooked her talents last year and placed too much emphasis on the three Wangs at the expense of using her as a soldier to help the three Wangs collect valuable points for the Olympics.

The situation is different and complicated now. In the end CBA is glad to have LXR positioned in the top four bracket. Hope you understand
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 05-20-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add on match fixing, some were implemented based on the scenario.

It is 100 percent convincing to say the match which decides who should play Tine Baun in the final or semifinal is FIXED in Wang Xin's favour.

The semifinal game between WYH and WX in Hong Kong Open, even Tine Baun smiled and anticipated the match to be fixed so WX could progress and take her out easily. She knew she stood 0 chance of winning if WX plays her.

Would you fix the match if the winner between LXR and WX is to face Tine Baun in the final of the Olympics ?

As LYB, i will definitely and tell LXR to prepare for her bronze playoff instead

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add on match fixing, some were implemented based on the scenario.

It is 100 percent convincing to say the match which decides who should play Tine Baun in the final or semifinal is FIXED in Wang Xin's favour.

The semifinal game between WYH and WX in Hong Kong Open, even Tine Baun smiled and anticipated the match to be fixed so WX could progress and take her out easily. She knew she stood 0 chance of winning if WX plays her.

Would you fix the match if the winner between LXR and WX is to face Tine Baun in the final of the Olympics ?

As LYB, i will definitely and tell LXR to prepare for her bronze playoff instead
    In this case,the Hong Kong Open 2011 involving Tine Baun, I tend to concede you on this point. As for LYB telling LXR to "prepare for bronze medal playoff instead", it's too early to say. Wang Xin's 10-0 H2H vs Tine is one thing but past record is no guarantee of future outcome.

Furthermore,how much confidence LYB has in LXR beating TB isn't very clear yet. What's more, LXR may prove to be so good in taking out all the non-CHN players that WX's shut-out against TB may become redundant - you seemed to have made a similar point elsewhere. I would think that WX's 10-0 record could mean the chances of TB taking one back is increasingly higher probability-wise each time they play against each other, TB isn't such a bad player you know - it cuts both ways,I should say.

Btw,abt the WX-TB H2H, I also thought it was 10-0, not 9-0 as cobalt claimed. I remember the last time before they played it was already 9 to zero, maybe one of their encounters wasn't a BWF event, such as the Asian Games mixed event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    In this case,the Hong Kong Open 2011 involving Tine Baun, I tend to concede you on this point. As for LYB telling LXR to "prepare for bronze medal playoff instead", it's too early to say. Wang Xin's 10-0 H2H vs Tine is one thing but past record is no guarantee of future outcome.

Furthermore,how much confidence LYB has in LXR beating TB isn't very clear yet. What's more, LXR may prove to be so good in taking out all the non-CHN players that WX's shut-out against TB may become redundant - you seemed to have made a similar point elsewhere. I would think that WX's 10-0 record could mean the chances of TB taking one back is increasingly higher probability-wise each time they play against each other, TB isn't such a bad player you know - it cuts both ways,I should say.

Btw,abt the WX-TB H2H, I also thought it was 10-0, not 9-0 as cobalt claimed. I remember the last time before they played it was already 9 to zero, maybe one of their encounters wasn't a BWF event, such as the Asian Games mixed event.
    Tine Baun is not a bad player. The age has taken away a lot of her competitive edges. It's not possible to scrap a win of WX with the negative mentality. Everytime i watch WX takes on Baun, it's always foregone conclusion, a sure win outcome for Wang Xin.

But yes you might be right, her h2h record might soon become redundant if LXR shows she is good enough to take out Baun confidently. LYB will not treasure WX as much as before.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, LXR already has the speed and power, her accuracy still room for improvement, if she add more deception into her game as well, she will be a near-perfect player, there being no such thing as perfection in this world for nothing is permanent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post

Sorry,my mistake,how can Tine be involved in the Asian Games, but I still think it's 10-0,where's that elusive match or there wasn't one,then 9-0 it shall be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 consecutive back-to-back wins by LXR. is this a record?

http://sports.sohu.com/20120520/n343628126.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will she even be picked to represent China in Sudirman Cup next year ? It's going to be a tussle between her and Wang Yihan.

After the Olympics, these two players are not around anymore; Juliane Schenk and Tine Baun.

I dont see any threat issued by other quarters except for this bigshot Nehwal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXR is destined for greater heights. She not only idolizes Lin Dan,she even plays like him,acquiring his fast attacking game with sudden injection of pace and smash ability coupled with a wide array of shots. Comparing her to the female version of Lin Dan is the highest accolade I offer any women singles.

The only thing lacking is her experience in the big occasions such as team events but time will take care of that. She is still young at 21 and can take a few knocks to polish this rare gem of a diamond. We shall hear and see much more of her going forward ascending the pinnacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zhang nings record beckons? wait till 9 years time. I doubt zn will allow it. lol. Just kidding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you pronounce her name? I swear every commentator has their own version ... She must get annoyed at the umpires a lot

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    How do you pronounce her name? I swear every commentator has their own version ... She must get annoyed at the umpires a lot
    Without the diacritical marks and not knowing Mandarin nor Hanyu Pinyin,most commentators mispronounce her name or any Chinese names. I often have to look at the Chinese characters and for any character I don't know, I'll ask my friend who is good in Mandarin to read it out to me. Maybe some BCers can help you here.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just finished watching LXR's UC match against Bella of Indonesia. LXR looked distinctly flustered and out of her comfort zone in many parts of the match. Her choice of shots at times was pedestrian, her consistency lacking, her composure was under severe examination. She has really exposed some of the flaws and drawbacks in her game during the course of this match.

Credit of course to young Bella for taking it to LXR; she ran her close in the second game, and it was down to match fitness, physical strength and Bella's (almost) non-existent backhand that LXR scraped through in straight games. I think Bella's touch and finesse, and willingness to try unconventional tactics agaisnt her much fancied and higher-ranked opponent flustered LXR.

All in all it was a good learning experience for both players. One thing LXR has demonstrated she has more than almost any other contemporary WS player in the world today is her ability to focus, and remain in her bubble. Now she needs to add the ability to innovate and adapt between points. It will widen the gap between her and other players. There were many glimpses of her willingness to try new stuff in this match; but can she afford to experiment much more at this point in time, with the OG around the corner?

Anyway, LXR is in good hands. I just hope they don't overwork her. It would be a pity if she runs out of steam at the critical time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I just finished watching LXR's UC match against Bella of Indonesia. LXR looked distinctly flustered and out of her comfort zone in many parts of the match. Her choice of shots at times was pedestrian, her consistency lacking, her composure was under severe examination. She has really exposed some of the flaws and drawbacks in her game during the course of this match.

Credit of course to young Bella for taking it to LXR; she ran her close in the second game, and it was down to match fitness, physical strength and Bella's (almost) non-existent backhand that LXR scraped through in straight games. I think Bella's touch and finesse, and willingness to try unconventional tactics agaisnt her much fancied and higher-ranked opponent flustered LXR.

All in all it was a good learning experience for both players. One thing LXR has demonstrated she has more than almost any other contemporary WS player in the world today is her ability to focus, and remain in her bubble. Now she needs to add the ability to innovate and adapt between points. It will widen the gap between her and other players. There were many glimpses of her willingness to try new stuff in this match; but can she afford to experiment much more at this point in time, with the OG around the corner?

Anyway, LXR is in good hands. I just hope they don't overwork her. It would be a pity if she runs out of steam at the critical time.
    She still plays better than Wang Shixian at least....and furthermore she has the speed and attacking ability to score fast points.

The only weakness i see in her is her backhand clearance...she should work on that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She still plays better than Wang Shixian at least....and furthermore she has the speed and attacking ability to score fast points.

The only weakness i see in her is her backhand clearance...she should work on that.
    her obstacle is injury. For a 21-year-old, she does have a lot of injury

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast